Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

** Round 7-9 Commentary - July PPR Mock **

Kelce has improved every year, and I am hoping for the next step this season. He will be second in the pecking order for receptions from the receivers, and they haven't added any threat to the mix. I project 75 receptions, for 900 yards and 6-8 td's. My starters are set, and I'm pleased.

Rodgers

Ingram, Martin

Julio, Fitz, Crabs

Kelce

Like Matt said, the RBs are starting to blur together. The offense will be improved with Luck back and that should provide Gore with more TD opportunities. The rookie may steal some carries, but this is his job and he should approach 1,000 yards on the ground and add few hundred more yards with receptions.

Was hoping Kelce would fall to me. Settled for Fleener instead.

Fleener was damn tough to not bite on. He's on a much better offense. I had him typed in and was composing the write up, then changed directions and went Kelce. My heart was with Fleener due to his situation, then I remembered they resigned Hill for 4 years (nothing earth shattering) and I already owned Ingram. Nice grab!

There probably will not be a draft I am in where I do not draft Lockett. He is an excellent 4th option and a good handcuff to Baldwin. If either go down I think the others production will be even better.

I hope everyone has figured out the trend here. Pretty easy to calculate where this draft will be Friday at this time....then all bets are off for the weekend. lol!

I'm headed out of town tomorrow. I'll be checking in, but have FBN or Mulls text me if I'm OTC.

I'm gonna stop checking in neurotically, or at least that's the plan. :)

Please text me if I happen to go OTC tonight. 201-575-1226

I'm gonna stop checking in neurotically, or at least that's the plan. :)

Please text me if I happen to go OTC tonight. 201-575-1226

So you are saying you want us to check in neurotically so you don't have to? :)

I'm going to be in a meeting for at least an hour this morning. Should be back on here by 9:30 Central time hopefully.

For anyone's that's played dynasty with me they probably know that AA is a Mullmaniacs favorite. I think I have some other PPR options ranked higher on my board overall but I thought securing a better RB3 than WR 4 at this point was the appropriate move for this team.

I think Big Ben was a good pick. It does shock me that Ray went QB this early. This is a bit earlier than usual isn't it Ray?

It is indeed. But part of my evaluation during the draft is measuring access to talent now and then later. I felt that after Ben there was a tipping point in value and nothing else on my target list presented a good outcome over the remaining rounds.

In an "if this then that" way of forecasting picks across the entire draft my value alarm compelled me to grab one here. Not my preference but I will sometimes stray from the path and take on risk.

• Like 1

Sorry about the Jordan Matthews repeat pick. I didn't have him marked off my sheet and didn't look back far enough in the draft to find him. I guess he just went earlier than I expected.

Since Matthews was already taken I decided to add to my RBs and keep the Detroit player streak going. I know Riddick doesn't run the ball much but he does get a lot of receptions and with Megatron gone I foresee him getting just as many if not more than last year. He's a stud in full PPR. Riddick also gives me plenty of options for the RB position. With my WRs being so strong I want to have a lot of options at RB just in case one of them hits it big this year.

Hawkeye (not an Eagle eye!)

Mathews was already selected. Please get someone else. :)

Hawkeye (not an Eagle eye!)

Mathews was already selected. Please get someone else. :)

Already been fixed.

Driving. Pick in about 20min.

Take your time brah, its all good ;)

• Like 1

OK, Spill what it is that you know about Coleman....Jscott.....

OK, Spill what it is that you know about Coleman....Jscott.....

Kid has talent but mostly situation. By default he'll be CLE's WR1. And I expect CLE to be behind a lot and throwing out of need, so lots of targets.

Picks are in happy Ertz made it back to me I think he will have a very solid year. And Jstew as a third RB is a good situation I know he can have some durability issues but I'll take my chances.

I was debating Brady or Palmer, guess Guru made it an easy decision for me.

Palmer was my first selection where I had that "uneasy" feeling about, not sure he was the right choice, but thinking I needed a QB versus any other position. Palmer has some magnificent TARGETS to throw to and Johnson can catch out of the backfield, so he should do well. But, will his age catch up to him??

Hawkeye:
Check your list again as Floyd has already been taken.

I saw it is soon as I clicked the submit button. Not sure how I'm missing these guys.

I was debating between Shepard and Floyd and since Floyd was taken it was pretty easy for me to take Shepard. With Randle gone and Cruz not the same I think it will be Shepard's job to be the man opposite of OBJ. Shepard was my favorite WR in the draft and Matt Harmon had him rated very high. He's a good upside player at this point in the draft and I feel I can take the risk with him because of my starting WRs.

^ Well it wasn't Guru but you. I figured SS wouldn't make it back to me. :)

There was one other guy I strongly considered but thought I take a risk on the rookie.

Sorry about the duplicate picks. I feel stupid but at least I caught them and made the change right away.

I liked both the Desean and Sterling picks. Sterling was hand picked in the Cobb role by Coach McAdoo from his days in GB. Desean is in a contract year nad he is way undervalued. One of my favorite picks of this draft overall considering where he was taken. I like him much better than his white and coleman picks and he got him AFTER!

• Like 1

Could someone PM, call or email RLLD to see if he could make his Round 8 puck before he leaves work today. He is OTC.