Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

** Round 7-9 Commentary - July PPR Mock **

Once the other player I was considering goes remind me to ask you guys which pick of mine you'd have preferred for me. I was 50-50.

Ray was last active at 12:44. It's what he does. I knew when I made my rain delay post that it was touch and go getting a pick out of him this afternoon.

No worries mate! Rock on fellus

As for my tight end pick, I am very happy to have him on my team. He has the highest upside for sure. If Heath Miller can be a productive tight end in that offense then Green can. This team is about as good as I could hope Sans Jmatth so far.

Good pick guru sims was on the short list of RBs that I was deciding between

You seem to be doing a good job of stealing at least one of the two guys I'm hoping will fall back to me between my two picks at each turn. I was deciding between J-Stew and Sims. I had completely forgotten Sims was a top-20 PPR back last year; he's supposedly in line for more work this year, although I have my doubts about that.

^ Well it wasn't Guru but you. I figured SS wouldn't make it back to me. :)

Shepard would have been my pick had Sims or Stewart not been there on the turn.

^ I feel like Stewart is a huge value. I know Cam will take some goal line and he's got the long injury track record but he was pretty good last year and nothing has really changed besides Benji coming back.

He's pretty much the clear RB on a good team. I can't say I feel any better about my Jeremy Hill or AA picks than him.

I saw Ralphsters pick from my phone and drafted Ivory. Then I see Landry's 8th round pick........then nothing?????? I got to my home computer and I guess he forgot his 9th rounder???? I thought I was having phone problems.

Don't know what happened. Maybe I never hit submit? Glad you posted something or I would have assumed all was good. Sorry about that.

Debated between Snead and Austin here. Thought about taking them both. Decided on Snead because I like his QB situation better. As a rookie he pushed 1,000 yards and I believe last years numbers are his floor.

Decided on Jennings over Austin to shore up my backfield. The Giants backfield is looking crowded, but when they stopped that ridiculous time share last year Jennings was solid. I think he'll be their lead back (at least on first and second down) and will be a worthy bye-week fill in. And, if things fall right, he could produce weekly.

My plan was to make a play on either Forsett/cuff, or Ivory/Yeldon on this turn after seeing Desean fall. I have no doubt, and the contracts show it, who will be the lead back in JAX this season. Ivory showed his versatility last season when he had a combined 1300 yards and 8 TD's. He also snuck in 30 receptions with a receiving change of pace back in the fold. Yeldon will be the back up. The offense is also going up tempo. When you do that, and you move the ball, the lead back stays in. Ivory was selected with this change already in place. We know he will handle almost all short yardage and goal line. The one time you slow down is to get that package in. I see no reason why he won't repeat last years stats on his new team. It is explosive and they are going up tempo. Ivory is much more capable of moving an offense north and south. 1300+ combined, on 30+ receptions and 8-10 Td's.

Debated between Snead and Austin here. Thought about taking them both. Decided on Snead because I like his QB situation better. As a rookie he pushed 1,000 yards and I believe last years numbers are his floor.

Decided on Jennings over Austin to shore up my backfield. The Giants backfield is looking crowded, but when they stopped that ridiculous time share last year Jennings was solid. I think he'll be their lead back (at least on first and second down) and will be a worthy bye-week fill in. And, if things fall right, he could produce weekly.

I went RB first because I felt that was the weaker of the two positions coming into this corner. I thought you were going to go RB/QB.

I was watching Desean, Tavon, and Sterling as this turn approached. Jackson was my first choice. I felt I could land Sterling on the next turn. After Desean fell I swithcehd to taking Yeldon/Ivory. When Yeldon fell, I grabbed Ivory first because I felt Landry needed the back. I thne sweated out getting Tavon. He is very unique, He had equal catches to carries last season. 52 catches for 473 yards and 5 TD's. He had 52 carries for 434 yards and 4 TD's. 900 combined yards on 104 touches for 9 TD's. Gurley will aid him all season this year, and I feel his stats only go up, but skew more to the receiving side. I am seeing 1000 combined, with 65 receptions and 8-10 Td's.

I went RB first because I felt that was the weaker of the two positions coming into this corner. I thought you were going to go RB/QB.

I was absolutely hoping Ivory would fall. That was my target. I flirted with QB, but I'm the Riceman X of this draft. I'm almost always the last one to grab a QB.

I was absolutely hoping Ivory would fall. That was my target. I flirted with QB, but I'm the Riceman X of this draft. I'm almost always the last one to grab a QB.

Rashad can lock that job in with health.

Rashad can lock that job in with health.

I'm going to disagree, unless the team values a veteran presence in there over the better player. If NYG really wants to take their offense to the next level, put in a shifty back like Paul Perkins to make teams think twice about putting too much emphasis on stopping OBJ and Shepard. Perkins can make tacklers miss in the open field.

I'm going to disagree, unless the team values a veteran presence in there over the better player. If NYG really wants to take their offense to the next level, put in a shifty back like Paul Perkins to make teams think twice about putting too much emphasis on stopping OBJ and Shepard. Perkins can make tacklers miss in the open field.

He needs to earn that, until then the vets can control their destiny with effort and production. Now.....they need the production, but it's not simply gonna be handed over. That's where you have to know the Coach. I chose my words carefully saying "he could lock it up".....not "he will"

I was watching Desean, Tavon, and Sterling as this turn approached. Jackson was my first choice. I felt I could land Sterling on the next turn. After Desean fell I swithcehd to taking Yeldon/Ivory. When Yeldon fell, I grabbed Ivory first because I felt Landry needed the back. I thne sweated out getting Tavon. He is very unique, He had equal catches to carries last season. 52 catches for 473 yards and 5 TD's. He had 52 carries for 434 yards and 4 TD's. 900 combined yards on 104 touches for 9 TD's. Gurley will aid him all season this year, and I feel his stats only go up, but skew more to the receiving side. I am seeing 1000 combined, with 65 receptions and 8-10 Td's.

I had Tavon typed in but wasn't sure if loaded up on Hilton-Moncrief and Gurley-Tavon were both good moves.

What do you guys think if I had?

I actually kinda like starting Tavon as a wr 3 a bit more with Gurely in the fold bc I feel like at least one of them should score or have a real solid game weekly.

I choose Torrey Smith betting on Chip and a minor resurgence but def not sure about that.

He needs to earn that, until then the vets can control their destiny with effort and production. Now.....they need the production, but it's not simply gonna be handed over. That's where you have to know the Coach. I chose my words carefully saying "he could lock it up".....not "he will"

Fair enough.

If you missed this on the front page.

http://fftoday.com/articles/orth/16_pma_targeting_greatness.html

Good stuff, huh? :thumbsup: The writer is a stud :P :D

• Like 1

Fair enough.

Good stuff, huh? :thumbsup: The writer is a stud :P :D

I am happy to own the #1, #11, #19, #35, and #36 most targeted recievers from this list.

I am ignoring this list for now. We'll talk about how great your team is down the road when it finishes second :lol:

Seriously though, you have yourself a fine team.

Thomas would have been my tight end pick last round if Green was gone. I was even thinking of going back to back tight end.

FBN with the homer pick! :)

:D

I never end up with a Bear on my team unless I think they can legitimately help me win. Jordan Howard falls into that category. I think he has a shot at being the starter in Fox's offense. Fox prefers a power run style to that of Langford which is... kind of bland. I actually don't think Langford is all that good of a receiver, and he is definitely not a power runner.

Even if Howard doesn't catch a lot of passes, I believe his yardage and goal line work will make him a very positive RB3.

:D

I never end up with a Bear on my team unless I think they can legitimately help me win. Jordan Howard falls into that category. I think he has a shot at being the starter in Fox's offense. Fox prefers a power run style to that of Langford which is... kind of bland. I actually don't think Langford is all that good of a receiver, and he is definitely not a power runner.

Even if Howard doesn't catch a lot of passes, I believe his yardage and goal line work will make him a very positive RB3.

I like Howard but I feel like you may have reached a bit for him.

I like Howard but I feel like you may have reached a bit for him.

I figured some would see it that way. When I look at who is left at running back he was about my highest upside option. What if he becomes the Bears starter and goal line back? Round 9 in a 12 team draft will be great value. I guess it's kind of how you viewed Dion. Maybe not the perfect spot, but the upside he possesses made him your best option at that point.

I figured some would see it that way. When I look at who is left at running back he was about my highest upside option. What if he becomes the Bears starter and goal line back? Round 9 in a 12 team draft will be great value. I guess it's kind of how you viewed Dion. Maybe not the perfect spot, but the upside he possesses made him your best option at that point.

True but I still think you could've gotten him a round later. I seriously doubt I was getting Lewis a round later. It doesn't really matter at this point in the draft though. You just need to grab the guys you like.

True but I still think you could've gotten him a round later. I seriously doubt I was getting Lewis a round later. It doesn't really matter at this point in the draft though. You just need to grab the guys you like.

If Julius Thomas was still available then I would have had a serious debate. Once he was gone I am pretty confident in my late round drafting to take guys I like a little earlier.

hmmmmm...... who's selection is it??

Maybe this is like survivor where we get to vote someone off the island.

I can say I haven't been directly sniped yet so there's that. :)