Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

** Round 7-9 Commentary - July PPR Mock **

It is quite amazing that will all the atrocities in the world nothing gets under the skin of a group of hardcore fantasy footballers quite like waiting on a pick. :bandana:

It is quite amazing that will all the atrocities in the world nothing gets under the skin of a group of hardcore fantasy footballers quite like waiting on a pick. :bandana:

True. It's not the end of the world but we all signed up for this agreeing that we were available to make our picks. That, and I'm always excited to see who's being picked and who's available to me yet. Now I'm bored at work.

I feel pretty

Dorial is interesting to me, might play into a 6th round level value if the right circumstances arise.

Dorial Green Beckham, Rishard Matthews, Justin Hunter, and Kendall Wright all sound like the cast names for the characters on the " Island of Misfit Toys" from "Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer". All have talent that just doesn't consistently hit game time between the lines. Dorial and Hunter's potential are off the charts, but the big TE will lead the team in yards, receptions and TD's.

Crazy DGB isn't even running with the starters now. That seems like a very tough passing game to predict weekly outside of who you mentioned.

I don't think I want anything to do with the Titans. Mariota and Walker are about the only good players as of now. The rest are all question marks.

Dorial Green Beckham, Rishard Matthews, Justin Hunter, and Kendall Wright all sound like the cast names for the characters on the " Island of Misfit Toys" from "Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer". All have talent that just doesn't consistently hit game time between the lines. Dorial and Hunter's potential are off the charts, but the big TE will lead the team in yards, receptions and TD's.

It's that TE factor that I am hoping for. I think I would still need a decent running game, and if the RB can catch some balls then suddenly opening appears for someone like this guy. Need other players to threaten for him to succeed.

I decided on taking my QB and it wasn't an easy choice. I really considered waiting another round but I have a feeling there is going to be a run on them very soon.

The big thing is for these guys to become professionals and be where the young QB needs them to be. That is Kendall Wrights problem. He is an admitted "do my own thing guy." Hunter lacks focus from play to play, and Dorial is a Raw Beast.

I decided on taking my QB and it wasn't an easy choice. I really considered waiting another round but I have a feeling there is going to be a run on them very soon.

Cam, Rodgers, Luck/Wilson, Ben/Brees/Manning, Bortles/Palmer/Rivers is how I have them. I see Manning as a top 5 with the addition of Sterling.

Cam, Rodgers, Luck/Wilson, Ben/Brees/Manning, Bortles/Palmer/Rivers is how I have them. I see Manning as a top 5 with the addition of Sterling.

I think he can have a solid season too and that's why I grabbed him now. Seemed like good value. Many sites have Bortles ahead of him but I just don't see it this year.

I think he can have a solid season too and that's why I grabbed him now. Seemed like good value. Many sites have Bortles ahead of him but I just don't see it this year.

I feel we have plenty of solid QB play this year. It's the reason I never PLAN on taking a QB early. I have done just that in both the June (Cam late 3rd) and Rodgers (early 4th),because they were simply impossible to pass up at that juncture. Also, picking 1/2 or 11/12 you have to guage the next run. The lapse of time between picks can obliterate a position in a draft. I love/hate corner picks!

Damn you robb! Barnidge was going to be my pick instead of Eli but I thought I'd let him go one more round. Now I'm going to wonder if I should've taken him and let Eli slip to the next round.

Classic High Ceiling, High Floor discussion when we speak of Graham/Barnidge. I don't think ANY player in this draft has a higher ceiling then Graham. They didn't use him much last year, but he still got everything Russell would need in a big target. He could easily explode this season as the team become Wilson's to run, and by run I mean pass more. Barnidge , on the other hand, is a sole known option for Cleveland and he doesn't even have his same QB back. Gone is Benjamin, in comes the rookie. Barnidge is a mid level #1 TE opion coming in and I feel Graham could end up the #1 or 2 overall or he is in the wrong place.

Is Graham going to be ready for the season? I heard somewhere that it's possible he misses multiple games.

This I am not aware of. knew of Eifert???

found something

Seahawks | Jimmy Graham ready for season's start? Thu May 26, 05:59 PM

Seattle Seahawks TE Jimmy Graham (knee) might be ready to play in Week 1 of the regular season, according to head coach Pete Carroll. Graham continues to recover from a torn patellar tendon he suffered last season.

Graham is on my do not draft list. Even if he does come back to play right away I don't think he's anywhere close to the same athlete he was. This is not an injury to take lightly. I'd rather he be recovering from just an ACL tear.

After watching Cruz take years to potentially come back I can't go for Graham.

At least not as a TE1 option.

But I sold the dude in dynasty this summer for Davante Can't Catch a Cold Adams and Ty Montgomery so I may know nothing. :)

Thought for sure I could grab Vereen in another few rounds. :doh:

I like that DWill pick. He was on my radar to try and snag later.

Showed clear RB1 upside when Bell was out.

With two horses in the stable in Miller and Zeke, it doesn't do me a lot of good to select backs that may be on the short side of a low-end timeshare. It makes more sense to grab the best handcuffs and give myself the ability to wait for an injury (in my case, to Doug Martin or Le'Veon Bell), so I can fill whatever weakness I have at that time. It even works in BB format, since a Bell injury would almost certainly give me a huge game-to-game advantage since the odds are fairly long that Miller, Zeke and D-Will will all have bad games in the same week.

Yep. And personally if I'm the Bell owner I'll trade you my upside WR 4 that just went off in week 1 for him. He's a good chip to have.

Damn you robb! Barnidge was going to be my pick instead of Eli but I thought I'd let him go one more round. Now I'm going to wonder if I should've taken him and let Eli slip to the next round.

I would have taken Eli then if you had taken Barnidge.

Can't believe Barnidge fell so far. He should be the #1 target for RG3 and TDs should continue. Why did folks let him slip?

Can't believe Barnidge fell so far. He should be the #1 target for RG3 and TDs should continue. Why did folks let him slip?

I can't believe he fell that far either. I had him targeted for two rounds but just didn't want to go too early on a TE. Was hard to keep passing on him.

I saw multiple TEs go before him that I don't think will do as well.

Not a big fan of what he will do with RG3 as his QB. His production with McCown starting vs. other quarterbacks was fairly significant. Still, I would have probably taken him two rounds ago had I not already drafted Delanie Walker.

I like Benji in his own right inheriting amost a Malcolm Floyd role and this cuffs Allen in a way.

With Allen-Benj and Hilton-Moncrief I should be able to play at least 2 nice wrs weekly even if some injuries hit.

I like Benji in his own right inheriting amost a Malcolm Floyd role and this cuffs Allen in a way.

With Allen-Benj and Hilton-Moncrief I should be able to play at least 2 nice wrs weekly even if some injuries hit.

I know the odds are long (Allen, Gates and Woody all in front of him for targets), but I can't shake the good feeling I have about him. I was hoping against hope he would make it back around to me.

Say guys.... there is a Round 10 Commentary thread so this may be better discussed over there so everyone else can see your very good comments. Just saying, please don't take me wrong....I just want to make sure everyone gets the benefit here.

have a great weekend guys!!