Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

** Round 10-16 Commentary - July PPR Mock **

I was really hoping to go back to back QBs with Eli and Rivers but my hopes and dreams have been smashed.

10.03 Blake Bortles

I am ecstatic to get him here, a god 2 1/2 rounds below his ADP. Teamed up with Palmer, should be a very good 1-2 punch here. People were talking about Bortles in earlier threads (bad form) and I thought for sure someone would take him then.

What are your guys take on him in 2016? regression?

I was really hoping to go back to back QBs with Eli and Rivers but my hopes and dreams have been smashed.

Tom Terrific needed a partner in crime. Although I like a handful of QBs still on the board, I think Rivers is still a clear QB1, so it made sense to go with a guy I know I will need five starts from over a backup RB/WR/TE.

I don't want him. He's not that talented of a QB. He's got some great weapons but I just don't see him throwing as much. Fewer attempts, fewer yards and fewer TDs.

10.03 Blake Bortles

I am ecstatic to get him here, a god 2 1/2 rounds below his ADP. Teamed up with Palmer, should be a very good 1-2 punch here. People were talking about Bortles in earlier threads (bad form) and I thought for sure someone would take him then.

What are your guys take on him in 2016? regression?

A slight regression IMO, but I still expect him to be one of the best low-end QB1s/high-end QB2s available. It really just depends on how quickly the talent on that defense comes together, because I get the sense Gus Bradley wants to pound the rock if given the choice.

I will need a qb or 2 at some point but Rivers-Bortles were the last guys I was really excited about.

I may wait one more round now. :)

I will need a qb or 2 at some point but Rivers-Bortles were the last guys I was really excited about.

I may wait one more round now. :)

The problem with waiting too long on QB is that some teams like to start drafting their second QB already. Blows my mind that some want a second QB before they would take bolster their RBs and WRs. To each their own I guess.

• Like 1

I have been told that I am mind blowing......

The problem with waiting too long on QB is that some teams like to start drafting their second QB already. Blows my mind that some want a second QB before they would take bolster their RBs and WRs. To each their own I guess.

That's only really a problem for on paper mock drafts.

Teams will be dropping their non elite QB2 for the flavor of the week waiver wire claim come week 1.

I always try and keep in mind that I'm not trying to draft the best on paper tiger but more so a team that I think I can really manage and work with through the season.

That often leads me to loading up on wrs and rbs.

That's only really a problem for on paper mock drafts.

Teams will be dropping their non elite QB2 for the flavor of the week waiver wire claim come week 1.

Good point. I honestly don't even plan on drafting a second QB or TE in my auction league this year.

I was pretty excited about this pick. With the news about Crowell getting in trouble because of his twitter post he dropped drastically in this draft. I seriously doubt anything happens to him in regards to playing time and he is the main RB for the Browns. Not only do I love the round I got him in but I love that I also have Duke to go with him. I expect Jackson to try to run the ball a lot and when they do pass many will go to Duke.

• Like 1

Debated on a few people before I went with Vereen and Wheaton, Vereen could have some nice value this late and Jennings seems to always miss a few games. With Wheaton I just like Pittsburgh's offense I think he can have a solid year as well. Kicked around Bortles and Rivers some even Crowell, just couldn't pull the trigger on the Browns...

Yeah Wheaton has some nice upside. If I didn't have 4 receivers I would have been debating him.

I prefer Vereen for best ball leagues. It's so hard to predict those games he gets a lot of catches. If enough injuries happen he could be valuable then.

Since it is RLLD's turn.....hope you all have a great weekend and we'll see you back at the Board on Monday!

Thanks for the excellent commentary as it is sure fun to draft with folks who know what they are doing!

I have no plans all weekend so I'll be checking back a lot. Hopefully we can at least get one round in.

Not a huge fan of Chris Johnson, but he is the proper handcuff for David. I feel good at every position so backing up my top guy felt logical before he is sniped. If this is a real draft I may pass on Chris knowing he would be one of the first guys I drop for a WW pickup.

My 7th round pick of Tyler Lockett seems like a steal now. I'm in an MFL 10 draft and he just went at 5.12, just 10 picks after Doug. Any reason why his stock is white hot on MFL? I hope he doesn't keep ascending into the end of August.

• Like 1

My 7th round pick of Tyler Lockett seems like a steal now. I'm in an MFL 10 draft and he just went at 5.12, just 10 picks after Doug. Any reason why his stock is white hot on MFL? I hope he doesn't keep ascending into the end of August.

Is the scoring system different in this mock? Also, it's considered a redraft and not best ball. Maybe that makes a difference.

I haven't read this but I know Matt Harmon wrote him fwiw.

http://www.thebackyardbanter.com/reception-perception-welcome-the-ascending-tyler-lockett-to-rarified-status.html

Many fantasy experts are high on him this year. If Harmon likes him then I would pay attention. He has a very good system for judging WRs.

Good if on Lockett, worth keeping an eye on, but if his value jumps too high it could also mean something else falls.....to me....muuuwwahaaa

Is the scoring system different in this mock? Also, it's considered a redraft and not best ball. Maybe that makes a difference.

The only difference is a flex spot. My goal was to pair Doug and Lockett in multiple best ball leagues. That doesn't seem likely now. I would have to over pay for both to do it.

^ When I was considering Baldiwn as a WR 3 part of the reason I didn't is that I nearly like Lockett just as much.

They were both productive the 2nd half last year. Baldwin could take a 20% hit in production and still be very good, especially as a 3. Not sure why that would scare you off. It's not like only one can be a fantasy relevant player. You saw what the upside of the top option for Wilson could be. I love that kind of upside in my 3rd option, especially in a 12 teamer.

^ Didn't scare me off as much as I'd rather Lockett at his adp.

I like Baldwin. He's another guy I had his named typed in and 2nd thought here.

^ Didn't scare me off as much as I'd rather Lockett at his adp.

I like Baldwin. He's another guy I had his named typed in and 2nd thought here.

Oh yeah I agree there. Lockett adp is much better right now outside of MFL 10s.

I'm getting sporadic reception here. If I'm otc Mulls and FBN can text me. Sorry holding you guys up.

I'm getting sporadic reception here. If I'm otc Mulls and FBN can text me. Sorry holding you guys up.

It's cool. The weekend is not required. I will text you when you're up though.

Went with Treadwell at my #5 WR spot. 1st round draft pick with good size, who looks to start right away. Teddy doesn't throw the deep ball well and Laquon specializes on catching short passes and making the most out of them. I see him as a 65 catch guy for 875 yards a 6-8 Td's. Playing indoors this season tells me this offense might be a bit more explosive fantasy wise.

At the last turn I contemplated a QB, but there were 5 that I was still comfortable with as my QB1. A bit of panic overtook me as I watched a couple of teams grab back ups, which I was not expecting. Thankfully, Cousins made it back to me. He was a top 10 QB last year. He got another weapon in the draft and, now that the Redskins didn't sign him long term, he'll be playing for a contract.

As for my second pick, none of the RB/WR jumped out at me as a must have. As I had gotten one of the lower end QB1's, I thought it prudent not to end up with a lower end QB2. I've got two guys projected right next to each other and I let my homerism break the tie. Romo has never finished out of the top 12 when he's played a full season. Granted it's a big "if", but if he stays healthy he'll outperform some of the QB's drafted in front of him With Elliot in the fold, the Cowboys are going to revert back to their 2014 form, which was the best statistical season of Romo's career. I'm quite comfortable with the Cousins/Romo combo.