Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

** Round 10-16 Commentary - July PPR Mock **

Awesome. I love that kind of stuff. I enjoy hiking in woods, hunting, fishing and survival stuff.

Now, back to geeky stuff. I thought I'd follow the crowd and get my defense. I pretty much have all my main players so might as well grab them, especially when one of my top ranked teams was still available in the Chiefs. I have a couple rankings that have them as the top defense this year.

Man, I was really hoping we could finish this draft up today since these are just defenses and kickers mostly. Still taking forever.

I considered two other rookie backs along with 3 vets for my #5 RB. I felt the other two rookies had more of an uphill climb for touches this year, and the three vets were limited to what we knew about them and thus still on the board. Washington is getting some 1st team reps and already penciled in as the receiving back and change of pace role. He is a 204 pounder built close to the ground drawing comparisons to Westbrook and MJD. Not afraid to go up the middle and effective when doing so, with soft hands. I see him like many of the projections on him. I see him combining for around 700 combined yards, with 35 receptions and 5-6 TD's. He will have a roll this year, in this offense, behind a great line. Murray needs to take the next step, be more decisive at point of attack, or suffer more lost touches to a more instinctive runner.

Does anyone else think that the Steeler's defense seems a bit early there? Are they much improved this year?

Does anyone else think that the Steeler's defense seems a bit early there? Are they much improved this year?

Wasn't on my radar personally but I haven't given it much thought yet.

Wasn't on my radar personally but I haven't given it much thought yet.

I thought they were pretty bad last year.

I thought they were pretty bad last year.

I think they drafted some nice young players. They are one of my value defenses. We will see if it pans out.

I don't think I've ever seen the Jags defense go that early before. Could be a good year for them though as they have really added some talent there.

And just for the record I'd NEVER take a kicker in a real draft. Just confirming to the rules. :bandana:

I've been using that strategy lately too. In my auction league I'm considering not drafting a kicker or defense.

Kicker- Catanzaro, Arizona

Well, I guess I am "all in" on the Super Bowl favorite Cardinals with Palmer, defense and now their kicker.

JScott took the player I wanted, but I guess turn-around is fair play as I have been snipping his players all draft!

as I have been snipping his players all draft!

:mad:

Man, I was really hoping we could finish this draft up today since these are just defenses and kickers mostly. Still taking forever.

:wave:

Sent my picks to remote for action, I might be AFK for a bit

• Like 1

Sent my picks to remote for action, I might be AFK for a bit

He selected Roosevelt Potts as his first choice and Len Dawson as his fall back guy.

Sorry for the early delay was at the dentist and then relaxed all novicaned up..

I think my team is solid and there are a few other teams I like as well. I already loaded most of our rosters onto mfl will finish up tonight once we are done

• Like 1

Love the Spiller pick. I'd like to see Payton justify not using him two years in a row after the Saints gave him nearly the same contract they did Ingram. If he's going to go this late, I'll be happy to pick him up with my last pick in every draft.

Love the Spiller pick. I'd like to see Payton justify not using him two years in a row after the Saints gave him nearly the same contract they did Ingram. If he's going to go this late, I'll be happy to pick him up with my last pick in every draft.

OK, but I have seen reports of a different RB in NO being Ingram's backup. Just sayin'.

I think they didn't use Spiller because he was hurt-ineffective. I'm sure Payton would love to find him a role. He was gushing over him originally.

Hopefully Nick Folk is still available.

Jets homer pick and he was a damn fine option in his own right. Good but not elite offense. Good defense. Lots of kicking opps typically and very reliable.

OK, but I have seen reports of a different RB in NO being Ingram's backup. Just sayin'.

Spiller has his normal change of pace role. The other back is the cuff.

I considered two other rookie backs along with 3 vets for my #5 RB. I felt the other two rookies had more of an uphill climb for touches this year, and the three vets were limited to what we knew about them and thus still on the board. Washington is getting some 1st team reps and already penciled in as the receiving back and change of pace role. He is a 204 pounder built close to the ground drawing comparisons to Westbrook and MJD. Not afraid to go up the middle and effective when doing so, with soft hands. I see him like many of the projections on him. I see him combining for around 700 combined yards, with 35 receptions and 5-6 TD's. He will have a roll this year, in this offense, behind a great line. Murray needs to take the next step, be more decisive at point of attack, or suffer more lost touches to a more instinctive runner.

Sproles and Powell were two of the vets considered here.
  • Like 1

I considered Kyle Rudolph back on the last turn when I selected Cameron.

He seemed to be the best player available for me, especially since I didn't have a backup TE.

I am very happy with my team. I got my top rated QB and running back. I think I have good receivers overall. Two players I didn't get who I planned on landing were Jordan Matthews and Rishard Matthews. I think Rishard could be a steal later in the draft since he is the best receiver in the Titans. With a quick strike QB Matthews could have a lot of catches in that offense.

Ellington was my replacement for Matthews. A guy who kind of fits the quick receiver mold that Chip drafted in Agholor.

Lacy is in a contract year. I fully expect him to keep his weight in check to make that free agent money for next year. Maybe he doesn't hit top 5 status, but as a RB2 I am pretty happy.

I think Baldwin and Lockett will both be good this year. If one goes down the other will probably see even more opportunities. If Wilson goes down.... Well let's just hope that doesn't happen.

I am not a huge Hurns guy, but I needed more receiver depth. He seemed like the best option at the time considering who was left. We know he can play. I just hope Bortles can still find him.

I think they didn't use Spiller because he was hurt-ineffective. I'm sure Payton would love to find him a role. He was gushing over him originally.

Yeah, I know what you're saying. He didn't seem too hurt to me on the 80-yard OT play on SNF early in the season. All I wanted Payton to do last year was use him 70 percent like Sproles in the passing game and serve as the breather back. Apparently, that was too much to ask. I still remember Adam Schefter talking around midseason about how his sources telling him this was going to be the week Spiller gets used. :doh: I'm not sure what bothered me more - the Saints keeping an "injured" back on the roster all season or Spiller's supposed indifference to not being used. Maybe he was just playing the good soldier ... who knows?

Oh, I'm aware. I'm not looking at Spiller as Ingram's handcuff.