Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

** Round 1 & 2 Commentary - August 10-Team PPR Mock **

Mike:

Can "worm" start the draft early and make a pick tonight? If so, I will be ready tonight also.

Everyone:

Make sure you look at the post on how to correctly write down your selection, i.e. 1.01 WR Rae Caruth, Carolina Panthers

For those who don't know, a nice way to follow the draft is in the "Round __ Selection" thread if you click the "follow this topic" button at the top of the page, then click it again, it will notify you when anyone makes a selection.

• Like 1

Mike:

Can "worm" start the draft early and make a pick tonight? If so, I will be ready tonight also.

Sure, he can make his pick if he wants but nobody is on the clock until 8:00 AM central.

Pick is in, was going to ask Mike to post it before he made the thread. Not rocking any boats with the AB selection.

I am suprised I though Odell would go second from mocking on ffcalculator. I guess the real pros like Julio more too. On the oher hand I felt that the top 3 recievers were definitely better than the next group. Odell is in only his 3rd year also.

I am suprised I though Odell would go second from mocking on ffcalculator. I guess the real pros like Julio more too. On the oher hand I felt that the top 3 recievers were definitely better than the next group. Odell is in only his 3rd year also.

I have seen Julio go before Odell many times. I actually like Beckham slightly more this year.

i havent mock drafted here in like .. forever !

its like 1999 all over again.

1.02 WR J. Jones, Atlanta

Here is my reasoning on taking Jones over OBJ:

I plugged this scoring system into the "my fftoday" projections and it came up with Jones at 339 points for the season and OBJ with 304. Using our scoring system it was clear that Jones is projected with more points.

(Of all the crazy - - -, I just got a phone call that family from out of state will be stopping by shortly. Their MO is to stay for about 45 minutes so I shouldn't be out of pocket for too long.)

maybe hes spanking it.. ?

:mellow:

• Like 1

You know...it really would had been nice if one of you guys had let one of those quality WRs slide to me.

What is a poor soul like me to do now?

I guess I'll buck the trend and go in a different direction.

Actually I took Johnson at 4 in the 12 man July mock. We are like twins :)

Great minds think alike. :doublethumbsup: He's one of the very few RBs I feel comfortable selecting in the first round this year.

AZ will score plenty of points and Johnson will be the centerpiece of the offense.

You know...it really would had been nice if one of you guys had let one of those quality WRs slide to me.

Well, it looks like I'll have to settle for the first "non-quality" WR off the board.:)

Having shown himself to be an elite producer no matter who is quarterbacking, I'll roll with Hopkins.

i wanted Hopkins.. i love Lamar Miller.. but something scares me off of him.. so i went vanilla and safe with AP.

AP becomes the first surprise pick of the draft for me. It sounds weird calling this a surprise but this year his ADP is much lower. This may be his riskiest year with his age.

i wanted Hopkins.. i love Lamar Miller.. but something scares me off of him.. so i went vanilla and safe with AP.

No name-dropping of players that have yet to be picked, please. :thumbsup:

Sorry guys. I had a major brain fart. I kept thinking I was the 8th pick because that's what I was in the last draft. I've been refreshing the page waiting for someone to pick only to find out it was my turn. :doh:

I am generally a big WR guy especially in PPR format but if a value presents itself I will take advantage of it. I went into this pick with two guys I wanted and I expected Echo to take one of them, making my choice easier. Echo threw a curve ball with AP so I was able to pick either. I didn't over think it too much and took Gurley who I feel could be the best RB this year. Seemed like a not brainer with the 7th pick for me.

Wanted Gurley at the 8 spot...but he was the only running back I really cared for at that point.

AJG should be a target hog given the absence of Jones and Sanu as well as the injury to Eifert.

Wanted Gurley at the 8 spot...but he was the only running back I really cared for at that point.

AJG should be a target hog given the absence of Jones and Sanu as well as the injury to Eifert.

You had the exact train of thought I had. I was going to pick Gurley or AJ depending on who went before me. I went with Gurley because of some huge upside at a weak position.

I had the 8th pick in the July mock and also took AJ so I didn't really want him again but that's the best player available in my opinion.

I like one pick a lot better than the other personally. Now just please leave a few studs to us folks who have to wait for our 2nd pick. :bandana:

I wanted Green or Gurley. So I went with the guy I think can challenge for top receiver this year in Marshall. I wanted to wait for him in round 2, but I didn't want to risk him going in the next two picks.

That's a curveball. But in all honesty I don't think it's a reach. Marshall continues to defy odds and produces like a #1 WR.

I wanted Green or Gurley. So I went with the guy I think can challenge for top receiver this year in Marshall. I wanted to wait for him in round 2, but I didn't want to risk him going in the next two picks.

I'd already had my comment prepared for a #16 pick of Marshall, but as I took an updated look at the board, I feared my chances of landing him were slimmer.

Wow! Did not see Marshall going there. Seems a bit early but if you want him and think he may go before your next pick then you gotta grab him.

Took Gronk and Charles. I think Charles will surprise everyone this year by staying healthy and becomes a PPR monster out the backfield.

I like the Marshall pick and agree he's one of the few back-end WRs that can challenge for the top WR1 spot. He's a pretty safe selection with a high floor IMHO.

Well it was either take Dez in the 1st and hope Marshall made it back or the other way. Personally I have them really close, but Marshall comes with less risk. Ultimately I cannot pass on Dez as he is a monster when him and Romo are healthy. About as good of a start as I can ask for.

Took Gronk and Charles. I think Charles will surprise everyone this year by staying healthy and becomes a PPR monster out the backfield.

While West and Ware have been nipping at Charles's heels, Coach Reid seems to be a guy that likes to ride his veterans.

While West and Ware have been nipping at Charles's heels, Coach Reid seems to be a guy that likes to ride his veterans.

He does, but I read somewhere that Reid also doesn't give his top back as many carries as other guys would. He's not full blown RBBC coach, but Charles touches have decreased since Reid arrived. I was actually surprised to only see 40 odd catches in 2014.

That said, I still like him anywhere in the 2nd round.

Took the plunge and went with Zeke. Risky to take a rookie running back that early, but he very well could be a PPR nightmare this year behind that o-line.

Took the plunge and went with Zeke. Risky to take a rookie running back that early, but he very well could be a PPR nightmare this year behind that o-line.

Yeah it's a toss up for me. I just can't take a rookie that early, but I am probably wrong on this one.

It's amazing the difference a new mock can make. In the July mock I went WR, WR, WR with my first three picks. So far I've gone RB, RB with Gurley and Miller. Just seemed like way too much value to pass up and I've already solidified my backfield. Feels odd not having a WR yet but boy am I excited to have these two RBs.

Yeah it's a toss up for me. I just can't take a rookie that early, but I am probably wrong on this one.

The one thing that drafting him forces me to do is covering my RB position more in the draft in the unlikely event he doesn't see the field a ton early in the season.

It's amazing the difference a new mock can make. In the July mock I went WR, WR, WR with my first three picks. So far I've gone RB, RB with Gurley and Miller. Just seemed like way too much value to pass up and I've already solidified my backfield. Feels odd not having a WR yet but boy am I excited to have these two RBs.

Yes...... that would be difficult for me, but Guru did it in the July Mock also!

Not a fan this year of Marshall or Bryant. But, I would not disagree with the selections if those are the players you have confident in. I am not high on Bryant nor Romo staying healthy, and more work will be going to Elliott. Just my opinion.

Yes...... that would be difficult for me, but Guru did it in the July Mock also!

Not a fan this year of Marshall or Bryant. But, I would not disagree with the selections if those are the players you have confident in. I am not high on Bryant nor Romo staying healthy, and more work will be going to Elliott. Just my opinion.

I can see Bryant being too risky, but I don't see what's not to like about Marshall