Sign in to follow this  
lindust20

Rental Cars

I'm flying to Philadelphia on September 9th and then will proceed to New York from the 10-12th, and then back to Philly on the 13th. We're flying back on the 14th. So I was looking for rental cars near the Philly airport from Sept 9-14, preferably midsize (corolla).

Anyone know of any cheap rental car sites that will price around $180 or less (including taxes)? ..or am I crazy?

I want to make sure I know which rental car place we're buying from before I hit submit since I'm worried that our flight might not make it on time. I don't want to be stuck without a car on our first night in Philadelphia. Thoughts?

Costco can usually get you a good deal, if you're a member

I'm not a member but I just used the price checker and the cheapest I saw was $300.

Try a private party rental instead: https://turo.com

If you need to use one of the major companies, try to rent away from the airport as there are extra taxes associated with airport rentals.

Among the cheaper companies, I like Sixt, though the rates vary widely and you just need to check frequently on a site like Kayak or Hotwire.

I'll rent you my car but you'll need to pick it up in Michigan and it needs a little bit of work and prolly an oil change and the two driver side tires have slow leaks so you might want to grab some of that fix a flat just to be on the safe side. I got some electrical issues so unhook the battery when you park for any amount of time or make sure you got a good set of jumpers. 100 bucks and you need your own insurance. I have insurance but it's through a friend and I don't think he'd cover me if I rented it out.

Skip Philthydelphia all together. :wave:

The only vehicle I'd feel safe driving around Philly in would be the Pope-mobile.

I'll rent you my car but you'll need to pick it up in Michigan and it needs a little bit of work and prolly an oil change and the two driver side tires have slow leaks so you might want to grab some of that fix a flat just to be on the safe side. I got some electrical issues so unhook the battery when you park for any amount of time or make sure you got a good set of jumpers. 100 bucks and you need your own insurance. I have insurance but it's through a friend and I don't think he'd cover me if I rented it out.

I might just have to do that...

Airport surcharges will get you. You would be best served by going off-site for a rental if you want to save the money.

How much is an uber or taxi from the airport to downtown? The other issue we might run into is if there's a delay and the rental car places are closed by the time we get into the city.

Do you need a car? Could you manage by train/uber?

Do you need a car? Could you manage by train/uber?

Well, we really wanted to drive around philly and we plan on driving to new york and then back to philly at the end of the week. So yeah, we need a car.

Most of the city rental car places close by 7pm and our flights scheduled to get in at 6 so we really don't have much of a choice unless we wait until the next morning.

What is your NY itinerary ??

Not entirely sure yet. Going to figure it out next week.

Definitely going to the Bengals - Jets game, 9/11 memorial, central park and my dad is set on walking across the brooklyn bridge. lol Maybe a Yankees game and I'm also on the waitlist for Jimmy Fallon tickets, so hopefully we get those!

Open to suggestions for food and events!

The met

Top of the rock

Take in a play

Hit some good restaurants/bars