Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

** Round 11 - 16 Commentary - August 10-Team PPR Mock **

robb, I'm not sure what your hang up on this. The rules clearly stated that there were no positional requirements. This isn't the June and July mock. I've done the July mock the last two years and I still checked the rules first.

You go ahead with this strategy Spanker, but if you look at estimated points for the scoring for this Mock, you'll see kickers getting almost 50% more points than defenses.

You're treating this draft like a best ball league. This is the problem with the way the July mock went. People draft with the thought of best ball in the back of their heads. Not everyone would draft two QBs and two TEs in their normal draft.

You go ahead with this strategy Spanker, but if you look at estimated points for the scoring for this Mock, you'll see kickers getting almost 50% more points than defenses.

Ok then I'll draft a kicker then. Thanks for the info. ;)

Ok then I'll draft a kicker then. Thanks for the info. ;)

Draft how every you want. If this were a real league you'd still end up picking up a kicker before the season started.

I took a defense because I actually see an advantage to it. The defense isn't going to change too much before the season starts but a lot will happen with kickers. Some get hurt and some lose their job to a new guy.

I'm going to be busy for rest of the night. I tried to send Mike a message but it said he can't receive them. Should I just put my preference(s) here? I doubt anyone is really going to take any of the picks I mention anyways...

I'm just drafting a D/ST and then a kicker

I'm going to be busy for rest of the night. I tried to send Mike a message but it said he can't receive them. Should I just put my preference(s) here? I doubt anyone is really going to take any of the picks I mention anyways...

I see that Mike is browsing.

The rules clearly stated that there were no positional requirements. This isn't the June and July mock. I've done the July mock the last two years and I still checked the rules first.

This is correct. I changed the rules for this mock because, as stated by someone previously, it's a strategy (albeit one rarely used) for owners to skip the K and/or D/ST positions even though they are required in a starting lineup.

My storage was full. Sorry about that. I cleared out all my messages so I should be able to receive them now.

This is correct. I changed the rules for this mock because, as stated by someone previously, it's a strategy (albeit one rarely used) for owners to skip the K and/or D/ST positions even though they are required in a starting lineup.

I've seen it happen more and more the last couple years.

My storage was full. Sorry about that. I cleared out all my messages so I should be able to receive them now.

Just say it Mike.......I'm a popular guy. :D

I loved that "simply out of respect" tag line for Steve Smith. Even if an owner just gets 2 or 3 big splash weeks out of him, like in 2014 or 2015, he's worth it.

Picked DeAndre Washington because I think he's got a great opportunity with the Raiders. I know Murray is the starter there but he's nothing special. Washington is just another asset for my team.

Picked DeAndre Washington because I think he's got a great opportunity with the Raiders. I know Murray is the starter there but he's nothing special. Washington is just another asset for my team.

I actually think Washington is nothing special. I would prefer the larger, faster, more experienced running back at this stage. That's not to say Washington can't work his way in with more experience to be affective. I guess it really depends on how many receptions he gets.

I actually think Washington is nothing special. I would prefer the larger, faster, more experienced running back at this stage. That's not to say Washington can't work his way in with more experience to be affective. I guess it really depends on how many receptions he gets.

I had two RBs on my list for this pick and they were both available. I went with the one I felt had more upside.

I had two RBs on my list for this pick and they were both available. I went with the one I felt had more upside.

For a late pick he is fine. I didn't mean to rip the pick. I just think the hype around Washington is a bit premature, and I'm not sure what a lot of it was founded on. If anything happens to Murray you could have a legit RB2 on your hands :thumbsup:

For a late pick he is fine. I didn't mean to rip the pick. I just think the hype around Washington is a bit premature, and I'm not sure what a lot of it was founded on. If anything happens to Murray you could have a legit RB2 on your hands :thumbsup:

Yep. He's the perfect type of pick for this point in the draft. I believe he's my RB6, not bad.

This is the rookie I love in ppr leagues this year. Indy had a 4th round grade on him, though he went undrafted. I think he is easily this year's Duke Johnson.

This is the rookie I love in ppr leagues this year. Indy had a 4th round grade on him, though he went undrafted. I think he is easily this year's Duke Johnson.

This is the UDFA I left unnamed in the note on my Gore pick. I was hoping that Gore could assume the 2014 role that Ahmad Bradshaw had but part of that role was Bradshaw catching passes out of the backfield. He was better than Trent Richardson at it and Ferguson might be better at it than Gore.

This is the UDFA I left unnamed in the note on my Gore pick. I was hoping that Gore could assume the 2014 role that Ahmad Bradshaw had but part of that role was Bradshaw catching passes out of the backfield. He was better than Trent Richardson at it and Ferguson might be better at it than Gore.

Yeah I knew who you were talking about. I never saw Gore in that role because Indy took him out on 3rd down often while rarely passing to Gore on 1st and 2nd down. Bradshaw was very productive when healthy in the pass catching role. The only reason it didn't work so well last year was because the Colts didn't have anyone else reliable enough.

I get the feeling this last round is going to take all day. Giraldi logged off at the wrong time as the picks right before him went right before he left. Figures. Sounds like something that would happen as soon as I left too.

And Mr. Irrelevant is...not a Mr. at all. Nice draft everyone!

Overall that was a pretty good draft. There were a couple slow days but the good days really made up for it. Was nice to have it done in less than a week.

A couple bumps in the road but overall, you guys did a good job. I'm glad we got it done in 5 days time without it lingering into the weekend.

I'll update the Draft Results through round 16 shortly...