Sign in to follow this  
JediMaster

Karlos Williams Released

Wow, he must be really out of shape to go with that suspension.

Also Does Williams have any value? Imagine him behind the raiders O-Line. I know Mckenzie doesn't like thugs so I doubt he gives him a shot but Williams sure is talents.

They recently signed Reggie Bush but Mike Gilleslie also. Jonathan Williams could factor in as well.

Also Does Williams have any value? Imagine him behind the raiders O-Line. I know Mckenzie doesn't like thugs so I doubt he gives him a shot but Williams sure is talents.

I wouldn't pick him up at this point unless you are very desperate at RB. Look for who he signs with though. He's missing the first 4 games in any case.

WHat does this do to McCoy. The only reason McCoy falls a little in drafts is everyone takes into account that he would lose alot of carries to Williams after week 4. The team runs the most and I have seen McCoy in the 3rd round latley.

I wouldn't pick him up at this point unless you are very desperate at RB. Look for who he signs with though. He's missing the first 4 games in any case.

I play in a 20 man roster league and my backs are Bell,McCoy,Lewis,Henery,Karlos I had Karlos just in case anything happened to McCoy. I'm hoping Karlos lands in a good situation if not I'll cut him lose and grab a Howard,Marshall,Dixion type guy.

I could see there being interest from the Redskins since it looks like Jones might not be ready for season start. But a 4 weeks suspension makes him basically un-draftable.

I could see there being interest from the Redskins since it looks like Jones might not be ready for season start. But a 4 weeks suspension makes him basically un-draftable.

The second sentence undermines the first. I doubt there's any chance he'd go to Washington. If Jones misses early time, it's likely going to be a timeshare quagmire with the guys currently on the roster

Mike Gilleslie looked pretty good when he stepped in late last season. I'd guess he'd be McCoy's handcuff with Bush as the COP back.

How about the rookie they picked up? Johnathan Williams 5th round pickz

Wow this is a very interesting situation .

Sure does make McCoy a much better value pick .

Don't see him losing goal line work now.

Lacy size ?

I play in a 20 man roster league and my backs are Bell,McCoy,Lewis,Henery,Karlos I had Karlos just in case anything happened to McCoy. I'm hoping Karlos lands in a good situation if not I'll cut him lose and grab a Howard,Marshall,Dixion type guy.

Like I said wait and see who he signs with. In a league that deep he may be worth a flier. It's possible he gets on a team where he will get more touches than Buffalo. That said, the out of shape thing really concerns me. He may not get on another team.

Like I said wait and see who he signs with. In a league that deep he may be worth a flier. It's possible he gets on a team where he will get more touches than Buffalo. That said, the out of shape thing really concerns me. He may not get on another team.

if the guy is smart, he will hire a personal trainer and lose some weight fast.

if he can shed the pounds before his suspension is done, a team may find some interest in him.

Yeah, he certainly needs to do something like that. The bad thing is it's been a while since we heard he was overweight. He's been in training camp and all that and apparently that hasn't done it. Doesn't look likely. Perhaps another Trent Richardson.

Apparently he hit 261 this offseason. That's not just out of shape. That's focking fat.

Thats what I read too. He was 230 last year. Showed up at 261 this year. Started to lose the weight, then got hit with the 4 gamer, and said f'it and put the weight that he had lost, back on.

Buffalo cited lack of commitment in their statement.

if the guy is smart, he will hire a personal trainer and lose some weight fast.

if he can shed the pounds before his suspension is done, a team may find some interest in him.

8 wonder how the suspension works. Do games where you aren't on a team count toward the suspension?

8 wonder how the suspension works. Do games where you aren't on a team count toward the suspension?

I'm 99.9% positive you have to be on the 53 man active roster to have any suspensions count.

Say for example someone picks him up in week 3, because he worked out for them and looks good. His suspension weeks would be games, 3,4,5, and 6.

Bye weeks don't qualify either, its actual games played weeks.

How do you gain that weight when your only offseason job is eating right and working out? That's serious thick headedness.

I'm 99.9% positive you have to be on the 53 man active roster to have any suspensions count.

Say for example someone picks him up in week 3, because he worked out for them and looks good. His suspension weeks would be games, 3,4,5, and 6.

Bye weeks don't qualify either, its actual games played weeks.

I don't know about that. Wasn't Ray Rice cut after the extension of his suspension? Now he is eligible to play and hasn't been on a roster.

On one hand you have to question this guys professionalism. He has one job and he wasn't able to get it done. That is not the attitude a lot of franchises will be ok with dealing with.

On the other hand he showed to be a talented player last year. In early drafts he was rising up the draft board as a high upside player. There are some teams that could use RB help if he could get in shape which may not be likely. He seems like the type of player that Ol' Billy B could take a shot on. He has never been shy to take on a problem player that has talent and attempt to develop. Blount is getting old and finding his next power back is appealing. He has also shown that he likes to go out and get players from rivals in cases where he thinks he can gather information.

How do you gain that weight when your only offseason job is eating right and working out? That's serious thick headedness.

well, it happens a lot.

Lacy showed up fat last year.

Trent Richardson did it.

it happens a fair bit. More common with guys who play on the line (as they are big guys to begin with) but it does happen.

I personally dont know how a guy who expects to make millions based on their ability to play football would let themselves do this (as it affects their livlihood) but it does happen.

I like beer, but if I had to quit beer to play NFL football, I wouldnt even second guess it. the beer would be gone and I'd live a clean life and I wouldnt have a problem doing it. Sadly, that opportunity is not available to me.

but there are lots of guys who drink, do drugs, eat, and do other things to put their careers in peril. it makes no sense.

People sometimes arent logical or reasonable.

New rules about suspensions. Games missed as a free agent count toward suspension. He is back Week 5 for whatever team signs him.

No kidden? That must of been a union thing.

Why wouldn't New England kick the tires?

I'm sure a few teams will be interested. The Patriots would certainly be a logical option to at least inquire.

The ultimate question right now is whether Williams is dedicated to getting back in shape and committing himself to football.

How about the Colts.

How about the Colts.

This could also be a possibility, depending on how Pagano likes Todman and/or Turbin. Arguably, this could be one of the most likely situations too. Last season at the 53-man roster cutdown, the Colts kept five RB's on the roster. In 2014 and 2013, they kept four.

Week 1 Preseason snap count:

Jordan Todman and Trey Williams each had 11 offensive snaps. Robert Turbin had 18. Ferguson had 24.

Week 2 Preseason snap count:

Ferguson with 27, Todman with 19, Turbin with 17, and Williams with 12. Gore had 3.

So there's a logjam for playing time right now, but the production just hasn't shown up for anyone in two preseason games.

Todman has 5 rushing attempts for 22 yards.

Williams has 8 rushing attempts for 10 yards.

Turbin has 11 rushing attempts for 20 yards.

Ferguson has 13 rushing attempts for 9 yards.

Yea I agree I can see the Redskins making a move for him also.