Sign in to follow this  
purplengold47

Im dropping Eifert, so lets talk TE.

I got him in the 12th rd so i dont mind dropping him. I don't wanna stash him for 4-6 weeks due to our short bench. Currently available in our league, benett, virgil green, james, clay, watson, allen, rudolph, rodgers. 10 team non ppr. What u guys think?

Bennett

Just be prepared to hold on through some duds. The good thing is Bennett is mr September, always has good games to start the season. Then Brady will be back and it should be ok. Either way, even a backup te in a 2te set has as much upside as those other bums who could get 1, 4 or 10 points any given week.

Just curious as to how short the bench is if you can't stash a guy for maybe the first 4 weeks, when there are no byes.

Anyone else on your bench who could be top 3-5 in their position over the second two thirds of the season.

Watch Virgil Green too. I'm thinking this might finally be the time where he gets a spot. Even if the offense isn't exactly potent, he may get lots of chances to get the tds that it takes to put him higher on the list.

Picked up Eifert in my 12 teamer, dropped Ebron. Feeling much better about my Zach Miller/Eifert combo then the duo I drafted (Ebron/Sefarian-jenkins).

Picked up Eifert in my 12 teamer, dropped Ebron. Feeling much better about my Zach Miller/Eifert combo then the duo I drafted (Ebron/Sefarian-jenkins).

I like Jenkins if he could stay fully healthy, then we hear the coach isn't liking him now

Slight bummer with same bye week (9).

Slight bummer with same bye week (9).

Yeah, noticed it but I am guessing only 1 will stick on my roster anyway.

Eifert is Jordan Reed without the wr-like reception floor when healthy. I love the talent. And he's probably gonna be scoring tds when he's playing. But good luck with knowing when he's gonna play and make it through a game. And he's not above dropping a zero in a game where he's active and playing snaps.

I had him last year and he broke down right as the fantasy playoffs were on.

He's got a rough injury history. He went out for the season one year early in week 1 with a shoulder/arm thing. And a concussion was the thing last year.

And you know concussions...you're sitting around every week waiting to see if a guy is gonna get cleared in time and hoping the team is comfortable sticking him out there. AND you're hoping you don't hear about any headaches or see him come up groggy again after hitting the ground. It's a rough way to live your fantasy life...even at tight end.

Oh and he hurt his ankle badly to the point where he's not ready yet and he's got a time-table of 4-6 weeks. Maaaaan! The injury happened in the pro bowl. Maaaaaaaan! I'm not sayin, I'm just sayin. Tight end is shaky enough without adding this guy to the headache of trying predict tds for all non-Gronk and Reed players at the position.

I think the comparison of Eifert and Reed is right on .

That was a good post .

I'm going to pass on Eifert and let someone else wait for him .

I see where they are saying his return is between week 4-6 that's just to long for me to hold unto a Te.

Dwayne Allen, man. 90-100 targets probably coming on a team that passes in the red zone like crazy, and he's the only tight end of note on the team now. I would rate him a full tier or two above everyone else you listed.

Dwayne Allen, man. 90-100 targets probably coming on a team that passes in the red zone like crazy, and he's the only tight end of note on the team now. I would rate him a full tier or two above everyone else you listed.

Potential is definitely there, but he's another player that has had injury issues.

Allen HAS struggled with health, but his cost is so much more sensible than where I continue to see Eifert taken. People are still taking Eifert in rounds 7 to early 10. I don't get it. At least folks are starting to turn on Fleener.

Allen HAS struggled with health, but his cost is so much more sensible than where I continue to see Eifert taken. People are still taking Eifert in rounds 7 to early 10. I don't get it. At least folks are starting to turn on Fleener.

I would think he should drop down to 12-14, and as I mentioned he was dropped in my league outright.

Grabbed Allen/Eifert tonight in a 12 team draft in rounds 12/13 respectively.

If my 12 team goes like that. I will do handstands. In the TE category at least.

Allen could be big this year. At Stanford they used tight ends a lot in their passing game and Indy likes to throw to tight ends. He could be huge. So could Bennett. Those would be my picks. Good luck

I think Bennett might be a non factor without Brady, but should produce good numbers with Brady back in.

I think Young Qbs like Te they are easier for them to find .

I would expect both Gronk and Bennet to have success with or with out Brady.

I drafted Allen & Bennett both a snake the other night. I feel good about both. Allen is no sure thing with all the WRs in Indy but the fundamentals are all there.

I also like Ertz & McDonald, those would be my next two.

Jared Cook is a great late round flier. Basically going undrafted... If they can get him going somehow they'll use him as a WR basically... On GBs offense. Not too shabby

• Like 1

I'm not sure where the love for Eifert comes from this year. In 2015 he was the 12th ranked TE in receiving yards (10 yds ahead of Jimmy Graham) and the 15th ranked TE in terms of receptions, and 18th in TE Targets. Players like Jared Cook, Jacob Tamme, and Owen Daniels saw more targets than Eifert last season. His value last year came from TD's. 13 of them. Basically one every 5.5 targets, or one ever FOUR receptions. For comparison the top 3 consensus TE's this year had the following ratios last year:

Gronk - TD every 10.9 targets and every 6.5 receptions.

Reed - TD every 10.3 targets and every 7.9 receptions.

Olsen - TD every 17.7 targets and every 11 receptions.

Basically, you can assume Eifert when healthy picks up some of the workload offloaded in free agency from Jones/Sanu, but to assume he's even anywhere close to last year's TD production seems a bit far fetched. After the top 3 TE's its a bit Murky, but I view Eifert as just another middle of the pack TE until he starts to get more points off yardage and fewer off of TD's which, for most players, are highly variable.

Well considering the lack of talent after Green I would think the pass game could rely more on Eifert, or at least just as much as last year.

I'm not sure where the love for Eifert comes from this year. In 2015 he was the 12th ranked TE in receiving yards (10 yds ahead of Jimmy Graham) and the 15th ranked TE in terms of receptions, and 18th in TE Targets. Players like Jared Cook, Jacob Tamme, and Owen Daniels saw more targets than Eifert last season. His value last year came from TD's. 13 of them. Basically one every 5.5 targets, or one ever FOUR receptions. For comparison the top 3 consensus TE's this year had the following ratios last year:

Gronk - TD every 10.9 targets and every 6.5 receptions.

Reed - TD every 10.3 targets and every 7.9 receptions.

Olsen - TD every 17.7 targets and every 11 receptions.

Basically, you can assume Eifert when healthy picks up some of the workload offloaded in free agency from Jones/Sanu, but to assume he's even anywhere close to last year's TD production seems a bit far fetched. After the top 3 TE's its a bit Murky, but I view Eifert as just another middle of the pack TE until he starts to get more points off yardage and fewer off of TD's which, for most players, are highly variable.

Daniels and Tammie and Cook all played in 16 games last season.

Eifert played in 13 games and if you avg out his targets he would have had 10 more targets then Daniels who had the most of the other three .

Eifert in ppr avg 10.7 points per game which ranked him third in points per game avg last season

Tammie ranked 28th Daniels ranked 31 and Cook was ranked 45th in points per game avg .

Daniels and Tammie and Cook all played in 16 games last season.

Eifert played in 13 games and if you avg out his targets he would have had 10 more targets then Daniels who had the most of the other three .

Eifert in ppr avg 10.7 points per game which ranked him third in points per game avg last season

Tammie ranked 28th Daniels ranked 31 and Cook was ranked 45th in points per game avg .

Points per game stats assume he can keep up a similar rate of TD's per target. His 5.5 TDs / Target was double the rate of Gronk. That's got to be an outlier in his career. I'm betting he can't repeat that regardless of his assumed increased workload.

I've got no problem with you thinking that way .

But comparing him to those other three is awful.

Last week D Walker left the game complaining about not being able to catch his breath .

Has anyone seen any update about him since last weeks game ?