Sign in to follow this  
phins1921

What round would you draft Josh Gordon?

I grabbed him in the 8th round. Had already drafted. Julio, Hopkins, Evans, moncrief, so I'm liking my wrs.

• Like 1

Grabbed him in the middle of the 10th round as my WR5 this weekend in my 12-teamer. Dudes in my league said afterward that they were hesitant to pick him up because of the slippery slope he's on regarding possible suspensions down the road.

But to pair him with Evans, Cooks, Moncrief and Cobb, I'm pretty happy.

Mack congrats that's an awsome pick and a great set of WRs you have . Good luck.

Had to take him in the seventh

Other receivers are

Landry

Moncrief

Steve Smith

Sterling Shepard

I'd have taken Moncrief over JG.

Well said, and I agree with all of it. I'm not against taking him, but 3rd round is crazy. Below is the list of guys with ADP of 3rd/4th round almost all of whom I'd rather have over Gordon. And all of whom I'd rather have as a WR to PAIR with Gordon later on. If you want to go early on Gordon I'd look at 7th or 8th because it's pretty unlikely he's going as a WR1/WR2 for anybody else.

13 3.02 Alshon Jeffery CHI

14 3.03 Brandin Cooks NO

15 3.06 T.Y. Hilton IND

16 3.06 Sammy Watkins BUF

17 3.09 Demaryius Thomas DEN

18 3.11 Randall Cobb GB

19 4.01 Kelvin Benjamin CAR

20 4.04 Jarvis Landry MIA

21 4.08 Jeremy Maclin KC

22 4.08 Donte Moncrief IND

23 4.11 Eric Decker NYJ

if Gordon plays a full season I'd prefer him to some (but not all) of the names listed above.

Given that he is missing 4 games, I'd pass on him to take almost everyone on this list.

to Me, that suggests he shouldnt go any earlier than round 5.

Would take Gordon before I would take Jeffery.

Got him at 7.07 in a 12 team PPR..

Felt he would have been gone by my next pick.

- The Yahoo Sports Fantasy team

Your Team

1. DeAndre Hopkins (Hou - WR)
2. Doug Martin (TB - RB)
3. Devonta Freeman (Atl - RB)
4. Donte Moncrief (Ind - WR)
5. Ben Roethlisberger (Pit - QB)
6. Tyler Lockett (Sea - WR)
7. Josh Gordon (Cle - WR)
8. Danny Woodhead (SD - RB)
9. Tavon Austin (LA - WR)
10. Kansas City (KC - DEF)
11. Willie Snead (NO - WR)
12. Charles Sims (TB - RB)
13. Zach Miller (Chi - TE)
14. Chandler Catanzaro (Ari - K)
15. Clive Walford (Oak - TE)

I grabbed him in the 8th round. Had already drafted. Julio, Hopkins, Evans, moncrief, so I'm liking my wrs.

Nice wrs pal , very bad ass

I got him last night mid 9th rd in a 10 team 2QB, PPR, one-keeper league... Almost took him in the 8th, but snagged Fleener as the TE tier was about to drop. I waited on WR this year as people read too many standard draft theories and waited on QB in a 2QB league, and everyone feel in love with 0RB so I had a 17th rd keep in DJ, and snagged Charles in the 3rd.

WR's are Watkins, Tate, Fitzgerald, Gordon, Parker, Coleman, Boyd. Hopefully can cobble together 3 starters. Worth it to trot out Cam and Brees in a 2QB league.

Your Team

2. Doug Martin (TB - RB)

You took Lockett in the 6th??

Your Team

2. Doug Martin (TB - RB)

First time I have seen Freeman drop to the 3rd in a 12-teamer also.

A guy whose value I liked. Then he caught a pass in preseason and jt was all over. People keep talking about him as a sleeper so they have to kill his value. My buddy took him at 6.02 just because he knew I would take him before it got back to him. And that was 2 or 3 weeks ago.

League has some high bonus settings. Return yards, long TDs etc. So Lockett and Ben look a touch high.

TEs kept going in front of me so I left them. Some guys in there I don't usually target, Freeman, Austin, but had to grab at the price.

Overall happy, but its this seasons draft where I got quite a different team than planned.

Took him in Round 8 as my WR4. We can start 3 WR's, and I had already drafted AJ Green, Allen Robinson, and Amari Cooper. I took Lockett in Round 10 and took a flier on Steve Smith in the 13th. I can live with the risk/reward of Gordon in the 8th.

Took him in Round 8 as my WR4. We can start 3 WR's, and I had already drafted AJ Green, Allen Robinson, and Amari Cooper. I took Lockett in Round 10 and took a flier on Steve Smith in the 13th. I can live with the risk/reward of Gordon in the 8th.

I think hes good value in round 8. I'm a bit surprised he lasted that long.

One thing that may have been overlooked with drafting Gordon..his bye week is 13. Pretty crucial time to have a potential stud on your bench.

I think getting him any time after round 8 is a steal. Personally i dont believe he will come in to a new offence and produce right off the bat.. it might take him a few weeks to get it together and even then he'll be boom or bust from week to week as RG3 and a weak Oline do not inspire confidence in me.

but I draft based on value. If I get him at a good value, i will trade him to a WR needy team week 4 for as a potential top5 WR getting great value back and offloading the risk.

In one draft so far i got him in round 10

I reached high for him because I went RB QB RB RB to start my draft. I'm totally cool with it.
Ted Ginn got me to the Finals last year...there's always another guy if one doesn't pan out and if not? Well I hope you didn't put money down.

I reached high for him because I went RB QB RB RB to start my draft. I'm totally cool with it.

Ted Ginn got me to the Finals last year...there's always another guy if one doesn't pan out and if not? Well I hope you didn't put money down.

Despite all the hoolplah over wrs, they are still a dime a dozen. Many will emerge as reliable off the waiver wire like every year.

• Like 1

Despite all the hoolplah over wrs, they are still a dime a dozen. Many will emerge as reliable off the waiver wire like every year.

I agree, its always easier to find a WR than an RB... I try to fade the fad draft strategy of the year... This year it was scooping up productive RBs and QB's... 10 team 2QB league (5pts per TD thrown) where 10 QB's would be off the board regularly by end of Rd 2, usually 5 in 1st round... This year i guess everyone was reading to wait on QB and go zero RB, so i loaded up and got Cam/Brees, DJ/Charles/Abdullah, Watkins/Tate/Fitz/Gordon took some fliers late in C.Coleman, D.Parker, Boyd. Hopefully Gordon or a young WR hits for me, or I go WW hunting

I kind of ended up reaching for him. I already had Cooper, Nelson, and ODBJ though. He looked pretty good in that last preseason game despite not playing last year. I also like the fact that he played with RGIII in college.

I think Gordon's APB has risen to the 50s. That means 5th round in a 10 team league.

I agree, its always easier to find a WR than an RB... I try to fade the fad draft strategy of the year... This year it was scooping up productive RBs and QB's... 10 team 2QB league (5pts per TD thrown) where 10 QB's would be off the board regularly by end of Rd 2, usually 5 in 1st round... This year i guess everyone was reading to wait on QB and go zero RB, so i loaded up and got Cam/Brees, DJ/Charles/Abdullah, Watkins/Tate/Fitz/Gordon took some fliers late in C.Coleman, D.Parker, Boyd. Hopefully Gordon or a young WR hits for me, or I go WW hunting

Wow you raked. People in two qb leagues shouldn't listen to wait on a qb theories.

Wow you raked. People in two qb leagues shouldn't listen to wait on a qb theories.

of course they shouldnt.

This theory was designed for 1 QB leagues. the reason it works is because once the top 3-4 QB's are off the board, the difference between the 5th and the 10th is small so at that point, it makes sense to wait.

but in a 2 QB league, there is a pretty sizeable dropoff at the 15th or 16th ranked QB so it is very important to grab that second QB early.

also, in a 10 team league if you assume that all teams will have 2 starters and one backup, that means 30 QB's will be rostered.

in a 12 teamer, all QB will be rostered and some wont have backups.

so the value of the QB is substantially higher at all levels in a league where you start 2 QB.

to sum up, you are right. this strategy is not for 2 QB leagues.

I drafted him in both my leagues. High hopes and expectations. I'm pretty good on WR and thin on RB. May hold him for the first four weeks and then dangle him before week 5 when the hype is out of control. Can you imagine how that week is going to be???! It'll be like the priest Holmes and Larry Johnson debates. Can't wait.

I haven't read the thread carefully, but I may have gotten him at the best value: 11th round in a 12 teamer.

WRs are ODB, Marshall, Marvin, Shepard - and Gordon.

Is a high risk play.

Guy with baggage

Guy having been away from the league for non injury reasons.

I wouldn't touch until the last third of a draft

Got him in the 5th in a 12 team PPR, start 3 wr and 1rb, or 2 / 2. My other wr's are Jordy, Watkins, Diggs and Lockett. (also have devante adams but he's more of a handcuff to Jordy. )

I'm all in on Zeke as my only back and running 3 wr for the year, so my lineup hopefully will be Jordy, Watkins and Gordon starting week 5, with Olsen, Zeke and either Cousins or Taylor, plus Gano and a streaming defense.

I'm torn between Lockett and Diggs for weeks 1-4. The Bridgewater injury and Bradford makes the Diggs situation hard to read, so week one I will probably roll with Lockett. We don't get return yards or TD's, they go to the defense.

I would have gone in the 8th or 9th...

that said he went 6th in a competitive league

As said, eager drafters are taking him around round 6. If you absolutely, positively must have him, reach for him in the 5th. Thats pushing it and I cannot in good faith suggest a pick any earlier. This is not the Leveon Bell of wrs here, this is a guy who didnt even look THAT great when he came back last time and is a constant risk for further failed tests. Plus he is a Brown and plays with RG3, a notorious enemy of fantasy players and risky proposition himself.

As said, eager drafters are taking him around round 6. If you absolutely, positively must have him, reach for him in the 5th. Thats pushing it and I cannot in good faith suggest a pick any earlier. This is not the Leveon Bell of wrs here, this is a guy who didnt even look THAT great when he came back last time and is a constant risk for further failed tests. Plus he is a Brown and plays with RG3, a notorious enemy of fantasy players and risky proposition himself.

hes not the leveon bell of WR?

hes a top 4 talent in the NFL at the WR position

hue jackson said hes the most talented football player hes ever seen

Hue coached aj green for a while

hes not the leveon bell of WR?

You heard me right...this isnt a very wild or bold statement. He isnt like Bell who will come in after a suspension and be the top player at the position is what i meant.

You heard me right...this isnt a very wild or bold statement. He isnt like Bell who will come in after a suspension and be the top player at the position is what i meant.

he sure can be, hes just as talented as any wr

again hue jackson said hes the most talented player hes ever seen

hes coached green

I didn't draft Josh Gordon, but I'm interested to see how well he plays.

All you scratch-off Lottery ticket winners.... :banana: