Sign in to follow this  
MTSkiBum

2016 Rookie draft

Worst draft pick in the history of dynasty football goes to Old Maid for throwing away a second round pick on an oft injured 31 year old tight end that has never had 500 receiving yards in a season.

Best draft pick so far goes to me for selecting a week 1 starting running back, Rob Kelly, late in the 2nd round.

I have Cameron and Watson at TE, and after finding out Watson tore his achilles, and will be out for the season, getting a serviceable TE was a priority. :dunno:

Miller is a stop gap tight end for sure but he basically put up 30-400-5 over 8 games last year. Now a full year with a QB who utilizes his tight ends... I won't say 60-800-10 but 55-650-7 is reasonable.

Maybe curious for a rebuilding team but not a bad pick.

Not sure the best pick is a stop gap RB either.. but we shall see

I didn't like the Steve Smith pick. Now I say this even though I've drafted him myself in 12 Geeks so hear me out. In my case, I did it because I took all four of Baltimore top WRs. I don't know who their WR1 and 2 will be.

Last year he was playing wonderfully and was putting up low end WR1 #s at age 36. So that speaks well to the pick. But then he tore his Achilles a very serious injury. Bless him for gritting his teeth and fighting to come back and ready for week one. But he's a 37 years old guy who'se already fighting the onset of his age and now doing so with a torn Achilles. Can he really be the same guy or even close?

The Picks I like ... Pulp Fiction said damn the first round QBs, damn the ADP, I want Dak Prescott. That took balls because he's not otherwise going anywhere near that place in other rookie drafts but blade didn't care. That was his guy and I gotta admit, from what we've seen, he sure does look like the best QB in this class thus far. Meanwhile, Romo is hurt and not getting any younger. So he's got his big chance right out of the gate.

• Like 1

Miller is a stop gap tight end for sure but he basically put up 30-400-5 over 8 games last year. Now a full year with a QB who utilizes his tight ends... I won't say 60-800-10 but 55-650-7 is reasonable.

Maybe curious for a rebuilding team but not a bad pick.

Not sure the best pick is a stop gap RB either.. but we shall see

With the exception of Zeke, I think Rob Kelly has as good of shot as any rookie to be a starting runningback.

His main competition is a runningback that is already injured, averaged 3.4 ypc, and had fumbling issues. No way the redskins do not bench Matt Jones for Rob Kelly.

I didn't like the Steve Smith pick. Now I say this even though I've drafted him myself in 12 Geeks so hear me out. In my case, I did it because I took all four of Baltimore top WRs. I don't know who their WR1 and 2 will be.

Last year he was playing wonderfully and was putting up low end WR1 #s at age 36. So that speaks well to the pick. But then he tore his Achilles a very serious injury. Bless him for gritting his teeth and fighting to come back and ready for week one. But he's a 37 years old guy who'se already fighting the onset of his age and now doing so with a torn Achilles. Can he really be the same guy or even close?

The Picks I like ... Pulp Fiction said damn the first round QBs, damn the ADP, I want Dak Prescott. That took balls because he's not otherwise going anywhere near that place in other rookie drafts but blade didn't care. That was his guy and I gotta admit, from what we've seen, he sure does look like the best QB in this class thus far. Meanwhile, Romo is hurt and not getting any younger. So he's got his big chance right out of the gate.

The reason I started this thread is because my team is below average(there is a reason I am drafting 3rd overall), and two of the old players that I cut were drafted in the second round.

Steve Smith could easily be a worse pick. He has always relied on quickness and the Achilles injury will sap him of that.

I'm on a focking roll.

Kenneth Dixon 1st 8th

Leone Carroo 2nd 8th

Jonathan Williams (my favorite pick so far) 3rd 8th

Dr Strangelove just offered me a 3rd rounder for Josh Gordon. :shocking:

i hope you finally get something out of gordon, i was feeling bad about fleecing the newbie so hard

i hope you finally get something out of gordon, i was feeling bad about fleecing the newbie so hard.

Ah, I just deleted the post.

Who's the newbie?

:wave:

:dunno:

Thanks! :thumbsup:

I took him there because I didn't expect him to make it back to me. I was seriously considering Paxton Lynch, but when Dak had such a great preseason, he intrigued me. Add in the the Romo injury and I said "fock it" and took him instead. I'm very happy with Big Ben and Tanny, but I wanted another legit QB and felt I had time for Dak to grow into the position. Plus, some of the things I've been reading about him in regards to his understanding of the offense, I think he's ready to take over and start his growth/maturation process. I also don't think Romo is very long for the league. He can't continue to have the types of injuries he's been suffering. At some point, he has to decide that living a reasonably healthy life is just way more important.

I'm not overly crazy on the Pryor pick, but I got burned on two different picks I was going to take before they got to me. One was the Henry Hunter pick as I wanted to take him as another TE. Then Jeff took Lynch (yes, I was going to take ANOTHER QB), so I went with Pryor who has finally shown some flashes of becoming a legit WR this preseason. I prolly should've taken Braxton there instead, but oh well. I was aggravated in Rd 3 when I got beat out to Vance McDonald, too. Picking late is a great thing, but man it sucks waiting to get to my picks!

Overall, I'm happy with the makeup of my squad. I think I've built a young, dominant squad with very solid depth that should be able to withstand a reasonable amount of injury issues.

I traded away the first pick and did not expect to get jackshtt this year.

I was stunned to get the players I did.

CJ Porsise at 2.01

Paul Perkins at 2.14......already had Vereen and Jennings
Braxton Miller at 3.10.....nothing special there likely.

Trevor Siemien at 4.01...Starting QB is nice here

Josh Ferguson at 5.01...Back up on high scoring team with old RB starting in front

Very happy with draft this year.

1.10 was Josh Doctson. A highly touted 1st rounder who went high in early dynasty drafts had an injury plagued offseason and his resulting pre-draft invisibility tumbled to me at 10. It's the exact same way I got Kevin White last year. Hopefully gimpyness isn't an ongoing problem for these two.

The original plan in the days after the NFL draft and much of the offseason was to target CJ Prosise since I already had Thomas Rawls but I felt I was going to be forced to take Jared Goff since I didn't trust Blaine Gabbert as my QB2. Trading for Flacco cost me a third rounder but solved my QB2 problem. Then, as the preseason unfolded, it turned out to be that Christine Michael was the main threat to Rawls, not Prosise and he was already on somebody else's roster so Doctson was the shiny object and I ended his slide..

With 2.10 I saw the QBs really sliding and I was eyeing them mostly and as the draft approached, the pick was hopefully going to be Goff, Lynch, or Wentz. Also was eyeing Jordan Howard to handcuff Langford. Goff went before me but I had a choice of the other two. As a prospect I like Wentz more than Lynch but John Elway had traded up in the 1st for Lynch so this is his guy. The Broncos are the defending champs and are the better short term team but also, long term, I trusted the Broncos management to surround Lynch with better players in his career than the weaponry the Eagles would provide Wentz.

The choice then became between handcuffing Langford with Howard or taking Lynch. Both had quiet offseasons but that's more forgivable in a rookie QB than a rookie RB. Howard went with the next pick after mine.

3.10 had already been traded away for Flacco. After Wentz and Ellington went in the middle of the round, I was at peace that I'd done the right thing.

4.10 was Mike Gillislee. When Phat Karlos showed up at Bills camp looking like Gilbert Grape's mother, he lost his job backing up McCoy. The former Dolphin Gillislee has shown nothing of interest in his career but looks like the head of the committee to replace McCoy if he gets hurt. Could do worse than handcuffing your best RB in the end of 4th round.

5.7 Jimmy Garropolo- I talked about him. With Tom Brady's notorious suspension for inflating footballs, whatever you think of that no matter, it's giving Garropolo his chance to show his colors by putting up four days worth of game film. If I like what I see, he stays all year and we'll see what Bill Belicheck does next offseason. If I don't, he's gone. Backing up Brady then going on to get a starting job somewhere else, suck, and lose it is a song we've seen sung before with regularity. I see that as a coincidence. Jimmy deserves to be judged on his own merits rather than the short careers of his many face-planting predecessors.

-------
So the bottom of my current roster is: Hill, Garropolo, Anderson, Maxx Williams, and Redskins Defense.

Anderson isn't going anywhere unless/until Lynch wins the starting job in Denver. Hill will be gone as soon as something better comes along at QB on the FA wire or after Carolina's week seven bye. If Garropolo sticks, Redskins D is likely my first cut unless they play well. Maxx Williams' ongoing incompetence may frustrate me enough that I get to the point to give up and cut him too.

Ezekiel Elliot - felt it was worth giving up a star but older player in Peterson and while I like Jennings as depth, felt i could also afford to part with him for the rights to far and away the most talented player in the draft.

Taj Sharpe - has been my target for well over a month and since we draft as late as we do, I felt forced to package my 2.04 and 3.01 to go get him.

Cairo Santos - simple luxury pick. Carrying 2 kickers isn't something I would do if I wasnt really comfortable with my roster.

Blaine Gabbert - another luxury pick. won't ever start for me unless something really bad happens but he put up solid numbers down the stretch so I'd like to see what chip can do.

1.03 Derrick Henry - Looks like a beast, could easily take the job from Murray this season, but if not I have Murray as well

2.03 - Traded for Funchess - I want the #1 WR playing with the reigning MVP. With him and Benjamin this gives me a good chance of getting that guy.

2.09 Rob Kelley - Solid preaseson, but more importantly Matt Jones is awful, 3.4 YPC with fumble issues. I think Kelley will either get a shot or I can cut him next year.

3.03 Eli Rogers - Lots of hype, I thought it was good value this late

4.03 Tyrell Williams - could push for the #2 wr job this season.

Kenneth Dixon - BPA when my first pick came up. Safe pick in my opinion and easily a 1,000 yard rusher.

Leonte Carroo - Had him ranked as the 11th best rookie going into the draft he fell to me at pick 8 in the second round, HAD to pick him.

Jonathan Williams - if he can stay healthy this guy will be a focking stud. Probably will pass McCoy on the depth chart going into next season. Look out.

Kenyan Drake - Again, just the BPA available when I was up, possible stud potential.

Pharoh Cooper - After placing Bridgewater on IR I was able to pick up Pharoh Cooper, slow 40, but he has game speed, could blossom into a solid football player.

Like Dixon a lot even though he will.miss valuable time early. Drafted into a great situation for a RB.

As a guy who sees a lot of Rutgers football I would be surprised if carroo does much in the NFL.

Will Fuller! :pointstosky: -_-

1.05 Thomas, Michael NOS WR ® - could be #1 wr in no by end of season

2.05 Ware, Spencer KCC RB - charles is still dinged and old, the new workhorse in kc

3.05 Wentz, Carson PHI QB ® - steps in for bradford as starting qb

4.05 Hooper, Austin ATL TE ® - big red zone threat

5.05 Gaffney, Tyler FA RB - i.r.

6.01 Carpenter, Dan BUF PK - go griz!

1.03 Derrick Henry - Looks like a beast, could easily take the job from Murray this season, but if not I have Murray as well

2.03 - Traded for Funchess - I want the #1 WR playing with the reigning MVP. With him and Benjamin this gives me a good chance of getting that guy.

2.09 Rob Kelley - Solid preaseson, but more importantly Matt Jones is awful, 3.4 YPC with fumble issues. I think Kelley will either get a shot or I can cut him next year.

3.03 Eli Rogers - Lots of hype, I thought it was good value this late

4.03 Tyrell Williams - could push for the #2 wr job this season.

I killed the draft last year, getting steals like Tyrell Williams late in a rookie draft. It is possible the every single one of my picks last year will be fantasy relevant this year.

I still have some work to do, but you guys will be in trouble 1-2 years from now.

:wave:

He has many years to prove this, but my pick of Dak late in the first might just be the pick of the draft. Then adding Pryor later on was just icing on the cake.

I got lucky :thumbsup:

I took Paxton Lynch with Carson Wentz still on the board. Looks like a busto that I'm going to regret that a long time.

Taj Sharpe :D

Luckily I don't worry too much about the rookie drafts

I took Paxton Lynch with Carson Wentz still on the board. Looks like a busto that I'm going to regret that a long time.

Hell I could have taken Wentz as well, but took Jared Goff...

I think I win (or is it lose in this case)?