Sign in to follow this  
TennisMenace

Sleeper RBs this year

One league I am in is 14 teams and after the 11th round, it gets crazy finding guys to fill the roster.

If you were drafting from 154 - 224, What back up RBs would you take a chance on and why so?

Thanks,

TM

Ware

Powell

Riddick

All value guys you can get round 9 and beyond

Ware, Powell, and Riddick are pre-150 ADP per FFCalc... not bad suggestions all that aside.

So 150+, couple names:

Shaun Draughn - maybe based on available volume / passing down work

Terrence West - messy backfield lotto ticket

Chris Thompson - passing downs, Jones injury, etc...

Good suggestions

I'd rank them

The fashionable guys - People will compliment your selection which I find to be the kiss of death in any draft

DeAndre Washington - He's a little small, but he's an mjd bowling ball type, and Oakland is going to score a lot.

Kenneth Dixon - He's out 4 weeks, but he's probably the most talented back on the roster

CJ Prosise - hurt all of preseason, but will probably step into the 3rd down role.

The boring guys - no one will say anything, and they'll just become a solid contributor if a few things break right

James Starks - Always seems relevant by the end of the year.

Benny Cunningham - Gurley handcuff looks good in camp

The guys you can get in the last round

Robert Kelley - snuck in as the handcuff to sorry Matt Jones

Robert Turbin - Everyone is on Josh Ferguson, but Turbin is the handcuff.

In no particular order

Shaun Draughn

Isiah Crowell

Deandre Washington-OAK

Devontae Booker-DEN

CJ Prosise

James White

Dewayne Washington-DET

Rob Kelley-WAS

Kejon Barner-PHI

Mike Gillislee-BUF

If you're looking for a deep, coma-like sleeper, consider Andre Ellington. At some point this season--due to the ancient Chris Johnson's health or lack of productivity--AE could find himself backing up DJ and perhaps getting majority of 3rd down work. Recall that he was a trendy 2nd round pick just 2 years ago and seems to be completely over the '14 knee injury.

There's the injury history of course, but not much injury risk since he can probably be had for free or at the very end of drafts.

It seems every year several players return to relevancy after being overlooked during draft season (last year it was guys like Fitzgerald, Deangelo, Chris Johnson, Doug Martin, etc...)

Ellington could be one this year.

Speaking of coma's Wendell Smallwood is going to be very interesting if Ryan Mathews gets hurt. Sproles and Barner absolutely will not take over early down work unless it's absolutely necessary.

If you're looking for a deep, coma-like sleeper, consider Andre Ellington. At some point this season--due to the ancient Chris Johnson's health or lack of productivity--AE could find himself backing up DJ and perhaps getting majority of 3rd down work. Recall that he was a trendy 2nd round pick just 2 years ago and seems to be completely over the '14 knee injury.

There's the injury history of course, but not much injury risk since he can probably be had for free or at the very end of drafts.

It seems every year several players return to relevancy after being overlooked during draft season (last year it was guys like Fitzgerald, Deangelo, Chris Johnson, Doug Martin, etc...)

Ellington is my deep sleeper this year. Last year was Tavon Austin.

Been looking at Andre also., Might have to settle for a gadget type role until there are injuries.

So many mouths to feed in 'Zona. A lot of fantasy relevant players on that team.

Speaking of coma's Wendell Smallwood is going to be very interesting if Ryan Mathews gets hurt. Sproles and Barner absolutely will not take over early down work unless it's absolutely necessary.

Why are you so sure it's Smallwood and not Barner?

In no particular order

Shaun Draughn

Isiah Crowell

Deandre Washington-OAK

Devontae Booker-DEN

CJ Prosise

James White

Dewayne Washington-DET

Rob Kelley-WAS

Kejon Barner-PHI

Mike Gillislee-BUF

I'm seeing Barner of Eagles here. I know he has done well in pre season, but will he have any touches with Matthews and Sproles?

Agree with a number of names here. I'll throw out one more name as a late flier: CJ Spiller. He never looked himself last year. He looks great in camp and in pre-season. I know it's Ingram's show, but if you can play in that offense, Brees will get you the ball. I think he has upside to be a regular flex play if things break right.

Agree with a number of names here. I'll throw out one more name as a late flier: CJ Spiller. He never looked himself last year. He looks great in camp and in pre-season. I know it's Ingram's show, but if you can play in that offense, Brees will get you the ball. I think he has upside to be a regular flex play if things break right.

He will get hurt. I prefer Lasco if going to the Saints for their pass catching rb. Spiller has burned so many owners over the past 3 years.

Why are you so sure it's Smallwood and not Barner?

Barner is too small. Coaches never want to give small guys carries on a regular basis. Smallwood has been hurt the whole preseason. That's why he's running low on the depth chart.

He will get hurt. I prefer Lasco if going to the Saints for their pass catching rb. Spiller has burned so many owners over the past 3 years.

Not Hightower?

Not Hightower?

Nah. He had a nice stretch last year, but there was a reason he was out of football for a few years. Lasco looks like a nice high effort pass catcher to me.

This. He's looked great in camp and so far in the preseason - like a man with something to prove. If I end up with David Johnson at #4 Ellington will be the late round handcuff over CJ.

This. He's looked great in camp and so far in the preseason - like a man with something to prove. If I end up with David Johnson at #4 Ellington will be the late round handcuff over CJ.

Thank you for this. I own DJohnson- keeper- so it makes sense to cuff him with the Duke and hope CJ gets old fast. Thanks guys.

Explain why Arizona would pull the possibly the best receiving back in football for Andre Ellington. That makes no sense.

• Like 1

Explain why Arizona would pull the possibly the best receiving back in football for Andre Ellington. That makes no sense.

I think what are brother is saying is this- the Duke will probably surpass CJ and if David goes down, the job is his. A lot of big ifs.