Sign in to follow this  
thomsoad

tajae sharpe or devante parker

I drafted Devante Parker but so far he appears to be in the Dolphins doghouse. Meanwhile Tajae Sharpe has looked impressive in the Titans camp and preseason. From a pure pedigree standpoint Parker is the obvious choice (metrics, currently has one year NFL experience) but the guy seems to be always hurt.

Thoughts?

Parker has all the talent in the world. When he actually started to play last year in week 12, he out-performed Jarvis Landry on the Dolphins through week 17. The Dolphins will throw the ball a lot this year.

He has a little hammy issue right now and that is why he is supposedly in the doghouse. The coach wants him on the field while Parker wants to rest the hammy.

On the other hand, the Titans will be run heavy with Murray and Henry.

• Like 1

Sharp. He looks like the go to WR. I was high on Parker coming out of college and I still am, but they are not utilizing to his potential. Stills looks the he's taking the DT role in Gase's offense.

If he's your 4th or 5th guy take Parker on potential. Gase is complaining about him but also comparing him to Demaryius in the same breath. If you think he may need to start soon go with Sharpe because he's the guy at WR, but they won't pass too much and the TE is their primary reciever.

Sharpe easy...Parker is gonna be the 3rd WR behind Stills....Sure the Titans wanna run the ball but what the Titans want and what they will have to do are 2 different stories....they will play from behind a lot...Sharpe is now the #1...they shipped DGB out for a reason and Wright and Mathews hurt...its sharpe for me and I am a dolphin fan

Parker as the better tools to be a better over all player , but he needs to stay on the field.

I would still take Parker but it's getting closer.

Don't worry about K Stills he's just a throw in , when Parker gets it all together he will take that job and be productive .

OP...this is very easy and it comes down to this:

Who has the most potential? Screw everything else. Who has the most upside?

Look at last seasons stats and realize that Parker could easily put up 1000+ yards and 10+ TDs. Especially in an Adam Gase offense and playing the X WR. Anyone who claims Stills will play the X WR does not understand what the X WR does in his offense. It is a RAC role and in the RZ it is the 1st priority. Stills does NOT have the measurables to play this position in the RZ. Our only 2 targets (excluding Caroo) who have the body size to be the top RZ threats are Parker and Cameron. Cameron is struggling...therefore Parkers value is boosted EVEN MORE. Landry will call for double teams. Stills will be a deep threat. He may have good weeks but he will NOT be the guy in the redzone.

I'm tellin you right now - do not buy the Tajae Sharpe hype and discount Parker. Gase has NOT shown anything this preseason of what he plans to do for Parker and that is for a VERY important reason ---its because our success will LARGELY depend on him.

The laggin injuries are a concern....but do you want to WIN your league...or play it safe?

Roll the dice. Parker all the way. Youll notice I'm asking for help with my lineup...but I'm strongly against dropping Parker for anyone on the waivers for these reasons I've stated above. Oh and someone else justified Sharpe because they will be playing from behind - same goes for the Dolphins....but unlike TENN who will be HEAVY RUN this season....the Dolphins will be running 3-4 WR sets a TON.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=457212

Sharpe. Parker is gonna be annoying until he finally blossoms or doesn't. Sharpe is a solid thing right now. He may be a reliable and known asset who may even do a bit better than folks think...especially in redraft. It doesn't matter if the Titans don't throw a ton of he's the wr getting it when they do. Sammy Watkins or his Clemson bro Hopkins with less raw talent of you will.

Parker. Stills is a 1 trick pony, playing with a QB who cannot throw that trick (Mike Wallace, anyone?). Any Stills love is a smokescreen and a motivational tactic. Parker played very well last season when finally healthy from his foot injury.