Sign in to follow this  
bobby heenan

jets=worst 2nd round drafters in recent memory?

2010-vlad ducasse=still around the league...but nothing special or good at all

2011- no pick

2012-stephen hill=most memorable i think i remember is him dropping a wide open, easy pass, from sanchez that cost the jets a game in foxboro....complete bust

2013- geno smith=nothing needs to be said

2014-jace amaro=major bust and recently cut....still has time to catch on somewhere

2015-devin smith= 9 catches and on the PUP list...way too early to write off but not looking to good

2016-christian hackenberg= most thought was a reach and looked putrid in his last exhibition game...still early but again not looking too good or inspiring any confidence

amazingly i think the jets are still a good football team and i feel a threat to my favorite team....im a pretty big draft guy and im sure there are some other teams that could probably compete with the jets here....just not thinking about em at the moment

can anyone post a less successful stretch in recent memory? i fully admit calling a couple of these guys a bust is unfair....but still

While that is very bad, the Titans say hello and welcome to the failure that is our 2nd round.

This is a common topic in Nashville sports talk. It's almost reached comedic level.

While that is very bad, the Titans say hello and welcome to the failure that is our 2nd round.

This is a common topic in Nashville sports talk. It's almost reached comedic level.

And they parted with a couple recent 2nd rounders today.

Justin Hunter & Bishop Sankey

And they parted with a couple recent 2nd rounders today.

Justin Hunter & Bishop Sankey

Fun fact: other than the 3 taken this year, no second rounder by the Titans is still on the team.

The Lions would certainly give 'em a run for their money:

2014 - Kyle Van Noy: Dude gets hurt all the time; he's now just an average special teamer

2013 - Darius Slay: Solid pick....but that's one in a row

2012 - Ryan Broyles: Shouldn't have been drafted that high anyway, coming off an ACL late the previous season while in college

2011 - Titus Young: Serious, serious mental issues

2010 - Traded 2nd round pick to move up into bottom of 1st for Jahvid Best, who, like Broyles, shouldn't have been drafted that early; dude had serious concussion issues in college, and that's what ultimately doomed his NFL career

2009 - Louis Delmas: eh.....ok player; just ok

2008 - Jordan Dizon: see Kyle Van Noy

2007 - Drew Stanton: average college player; below-average NFL player

I could go on, but you all get the picture.

The Lions would certainly give 'em a run for their money:

2014 - Kyle Van Noy: Dude gets hurt all the time; he's now just an average special teamer

2013 - Darius Slay: Solid pick....but that's one in a row

2012 - Ryan Broyles: Shouldn't have been drafted that high anyway, coming off an ACL late the previous season while in college

2011 - Titus Young: Serious, serious mental issues

2010 - Traded 2nd round pick to move up into bottom of 1st for Jahvid Best, who, like Broyles, shouldn't have been drafted that early; dude had serious concussion issues in college, and that's what ultimately doomed his NFL career

2009 - Louis Delmas: eh.....ok player; just ok

2008 - Jordan Dizon: see Kyle Van Noy

2007 - Drew Stanton: average college player; below-average NFL player

I could go on, but you all get the picture.

Darius Slay is good enough to remove the Lions from this list. Did you even read the first list? It was people who don't even belong in the NFL. Slay is at least a solid corner.

Buccs taking a kicker, and he's already bad, takes the cake. They even traded up for him.

The Vikings gave away their 2nd in 2013...along with a 3rd, 4th, and 7th...and turned that into a 1st rounder for...wait for it...Cordarrelle Patterson. They've got some other nice 2nd rounders, but that. That's just bad.

Edit: Man, just look at that...

2013 (Drafted 23rd)

1. (A) SHARRIF FLOYD (23), DT, Florida.

1. ( B ) XAVIER RHODES (25), CB, Florida State

1. © CORDARRELLE PATTERSON (29), WR, Tennessee. Choice from New England for 2, 3, 4a, 7c.

2. NO CHOICE. Traded to New England for 1C.

3. NO CHOICE. Traded to New England for 1C.

4. (A) NO CHOICE. Traded to New England for 1C.

4. ( B ) GERALD HODGES (120), LB, Penn State.

5. JEFF LOCKE (155), P, UCLA.

6. (A) NO CHOICE. Traded to Tampa Bay for 6B, 7D

6. ( B ) JEFF BACA (196), G, UCLA. Choice from Tampa Bay for 6A.

7. (A) MICHAEL MAUTI (213), LB, Penn State.

7. ( B ) TRAVIS BOND (214), G, North Carolina. Choice from Seattle for Percy Harvin.

7. © NO CHOICE. Traded to New England for 1C. Choice from Tennessee for 7B in 2012.

7. (D) EVERETT DAWKINS (229), DT, Florida State.

That's a sneaky awful draft year.

That's 9.5 sacks and a single forced fumble over three years from your first #1 pick. A quality player in Rhodes with your second #1. Cordarrelle with your third. A mediocre LB in Hodges. Then a punter, a current free agent, a special teamer who gave you 15 tackles before you traded him to the Saints, a current Winnipeg Blue Bomber, and a current Arena League player.

So 7 picks that they turned into a decent CB, a punter, a warm body, and almost 10 sacks. Not the worst, but not great.

Darius Slay is good enough to remove the Lions from this list. Did you even read the first list? It was people who don't even belong in the NFL. Slay is at least a solid corner.

Dude, that's ONE out of EIGHT.

I could've gone on and added the Matt Millen picks, but I chose to stop there. Don't get your panties in a bunch.