Sign in to follow this  
Spinner

Brees had 430..Fleener only 6 of them?

I'll give him another game or two...on my bench. If he doesn't pull it together he's hitting the waivers

• Like 1

Fleener is not a good football player.

Apparently IND used a two-TE set which sort of excused his lame stats there. But if he stinks it up with Drew Brees where every TE does well, then I guess he just stinks.

Could be a flukish game... or a precedent of things to come. Need a few more weeks before the trend is obvious. Welcome to Week 1 of the NFL.

Apparently IND used a two-TE set which sort of excused his lame stats there. But if he stinks it up with Drew Brees where every TE does well, then I guess he just stinks.

Could be a flukish game... or a precedent of things to come. Need a few more weeks before the trend is obvious. Welcome to Week 1 of the NFL.

I think it was Luck. They played together I college, right? I suspect that Luck just knew, after those college years, "Oh, right, Fleener is gonna run that stupid mistaken route that he can never figure out, so I'll throw it there". Everyone else doesn't know exactly what dumb thing he's gonna pull, so they will have trouble getting him the ball.

Brees doesn't need a safety valve at TE, he's too busy lighting up the WRs on the outside. There's no better QB in the league at finding the single coverage. What an absolute focking assasin.

Brees doesn't need a safety valve at TE, he's too busy lighting up the WRs on the outside. There's no better QB in the league at finding the single coverage. What an absolute focking assasin.

Could've been a Dolphin.... but coach Nick Saban said no thanks. <_<

I'm gonna ride it out and see how it goes. If he puts up another goose egg next week I'll bench him and try to make a trade

There were rumblings that dude had trouble with the playbook during training camp. Thought those Stanford cats were smart.

Oh well. He's on my bench till further notice.

He will ease into production... First couple weeks may take some patience, but i'd imagine by mid season into the stretch run he will be balling

I'm gonna ride it out and see how it goes. If he puts up another goose egg next week I'll bench him and try to make a trade

He sure will have a lot of trade value then. I think with all the weapons this year including Michael Thomas in the middle of the field and Cadet getting work he is going to have a lot of uneven games. That can be expected from a lot of TE's but people had dreams of him being a top 4 TE and that is not going to happen.

He will ease into production... First couple weeks may take some patience, but i'd imagine by mid season into the stretch run he will be balling

Very optimistic

Thought those Stanford cats were smart.

No way. They have the same grade inflation as the Ivy League schools. Once you get in, you're guaranteed a B minimum just for being enrolled. George W Bush went to Yale and Harvard.

No way. They have the same grade inflation as the Ivy League schools. Once you get in, you're guaranteed a B minimum just for being enrolled. George W Bush went to Yale and Harvard.

Easy there. Don't misunderestimate W.

I figured he would end the season as a TE1, but probably no better than 7th or 8th. I still think he has a shot to be right in that middle-of-the-pack TE group. Probably a few decent games, and a lot of low touch games where he is no better than average. He is the only TE I have, so I'm stuck with him.

Certainly didn't seem to be doing much fleening out there. :dunno:

The lesson is always draft talent over opportunity

Remember Hill was supposed to be this big stud TE for NOLA after Graham left? Dude caught 16/120/2...all season.