Sign in to follow this  
mobb_deep

Woodhead carted off. Torn ACL.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000705775/article/danny-woodhead-out-for-season-with-torn-acl

The Chargers continue to lose weapons on offense.

After wide receiver Keenan Allen was lost to a torn ACL in a Week 1 loss to the Chiefs, running backDanny Woodhead went down with the same injury in a blowout win over the Jaguars according to NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport. The 31-year-old dual threat back has been a fine addition to San Diego's offense over the past three years, although this will be the second time since 2013 he couldn't make it past Week 3. Woodhead broke his fibula early in the 2014 season.

The only consolation for San Diego is the fact that 2015 first-round pick Melvin Gordon seems to be finally running with purpose. Gordon posted 159 yards and three touchdowns over his first two games this season, while Woodhead added 116 yards on the ground and 35 yards through the air.

Receiving backs like Woodhead are not easy to come by, especially ones who can navigate complex protection schemes and operate out of the backfield as a safety net pass catcher. Last year, Woodhead caught 80 passes for 755 yards and six touchdowns.

Undrafted free agent Kenneth Farrow and former Giants draft pick Andre Williams round out the team's depth chart. Neither have much experience as a receiving back.

Woodhead has never really gotten the credit he deserves. If an NFL team lost a receiver that produced 80 catches on 106 targets and averaged nearly 10 yards per reception, their fanbase would be in a whirlwind wondering how exactly to replace him.

Woodhead, though, may prove even harder to replace.

Knee. Hard to see what happened but he couldn't put any weight on it.

As a Gordon owner now we get to see what this kid can do.

and the Chargers still don't use Gordon

They threw him a pass!!!!!! What sorcery is this!!!???

With 29 post and the title rookie on your profile, that's about right.

And what is that supposed to mean?

And what is that supposed to mean?

You drafted 3 Chargers putting all of your eggs in one basket. Injuries and the bye week will kill you and now you have to deal with both.

You drafted 3 Chargers putting all of your eggs in one basket. Injuries and the bye week will kill you and now you have to deal with both.

Not both anymore.

Well, I'm no rook, but my keeper league starting lineup today?

Woodhead - injured

Lockett - injured

Rawls - ineffective, possibly injured

Antonio - ineffective

I'm gonna do real well man.

Only if they are my top players. Woodhead was a reserve on my team...until Allen got hurt. Then he was a nice PPR play.

But im a rook...I don't have 1100+ posts like you...lol.

Check how many posts I have.

Check my number

When you buy into a team, and think they have potential to excel. Can be hard to not take a few from one squad.

I may have fixiated more on the Texans draft night had I known going in they would have Lamar as their RB.

But pre-week 1. Chargers looked as good as any to have a few contributors.

One shouldn't bank that a team will tank owing to injuries. In the manner it appears Chargers maybe heading towards.

Eh, one could argue their success doesn't have much to do with each other, especially Woodhead and Allen and it would be hard to predict that both of them would get hurt. And Rivers isn't exactly a top tier QB, I'm guessing he likely drafted a backup relatively early. (Edit: although Rivers is looking like a top tier QB right now without both of them)

I lost Keenan last week...woodhead this week....I'm a Rivers owner too.

Me too with those three guys. I hate football. Oh yeah, my Hawks scored 3 points against the Rams. Great freaking day.

Only if they are my top players. Woodhead was a reserve on my team...until Allen got hurt. Then he was a nice PPR play.

But im a rook...I don't have 1100+ posts like you...lol.

He was an excellent pick for ppr. Welcome to the board and good luck with your team!

On one team, I'm down Peterson and Allen. I also have Footloose Watkins and moncrief on that team. Mike Evan is 'safe' for now but even he lost Doug Martin. Fantasy football.

Injuries have ruined fantasy football. I had to quit all big money leagues, or I would have had a heart-attack.

Now I play in 1 crap $50 dynasty league and barely pay attention

Injuries have ruined fantasy football. I had to quit all big money leagues, or I would have had a heart-attack.

Players today are all too big and too fast and jacked up on any legal substance they can get their hands on. Nobody gets out alive anymore. In fantasy it seems now it's like a war of attrition rather than drafting skill.

There are a couple teams in my big money league that are already ravaged by injuries and they are cooked.

Agree. I don't do any big $ leagues anymore either. Between everybody having instant access to information and number of injuries, it's 100% luck now. Better off going to Vegas and throwing the money on black. At least you got a 50% chance, instead of 1/12.

I've lost Allen, and now AD and Woodhead in my local redraft league. Somehow 2-0, but it's not looking good.

adam schetter reports the chargers are "pretty sure" Danny woodhead tore his acl

what a shame. arghhhhhh

Out for season.

People forget they also lost Branden Oliver in pre season.. So REALLY thin behind Melvin now,

I'm headed there now for a tryout.

Kenneth Farrow and Andre Williams (yuck) are the backups.

Out for season.

People forget they also lost Branden Oliver in pre season.. So REALLY thin behind Melvin now,

Whatever, everybody knows the Gorn was more of a defensive end type than a scat back... :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Eh, one could argue their success doesn't have much to do with each other, especially Woodhead and Allen and it would be hard to predict that both of them would get hurt. And Rivers isn't exactly a top tier QB, I'm guessing he likely drafted a backup relatively early. (Edit: although Rivers is looking like a top tier QB right now without both of them)

I bet the guy I told late in the draft that Rivers will have Allen this year isn't happy with me.

Out for season.

Crap. I've been spending all this time on endurance running. I doubt I have the fast-twitch muscles to make the cut.

So, I'm off to Jacksonville to try out for OC.

thanks, posty.