Sign in to follow this  
Mack 1

FAAB System Set-up on CBS--need some help

Our league is using the FAAB system for the first time this year on CBS.

We currently, of course, have a bidding period for owners to bid on free agents. That part is set up fine.

Where we're having trouble is adding the first-come, first-serve process in picking up players who cleared waivers after the bidding period is complete. Right now, it has the FAAB system throughout the entire week.

Can anybody fill me in on how we can add players after the bidding process without using our FAAB system?

Much obliged.

best thing to do ask CBS for help

We had our league with them for years and I always had to go in and change the type of system after the bids/waivers were processed to a straight first-come first-served format. It was a pain. We switched to MFL a couple of years ago, and they allow you to set the parameters up pretty easily.

Hopefully CBS has upgraded since then. I mean even yahoo can handle multiple formats now.

best thing to do ask CBS for help

I sent 'em an inquiry through the site, so now we're just waiting for feedback.

We had our league with them for years and I always had to go in and change the type of system after the bids/waivers were processed to a straight first-come first-served format. It was a pain. We switched to MFL a couple of years ago, and they allow you to set the parameters up pretty easily.

Hopefully CBS has upgraded since then. I mean even yahoo can handle multiple formats now.

I was afraid we'd have to do it manually every week.

It's shameful that CBS can't combine the two forms of free agent pick-ups (FAAB and FC/FS) at the same time. Ridiculous.

Unless I've missed something I don't think there is a two system option unless you handle it as you are describing and switching back to add/drop after your FAAB run. I have the same issue. We have two FAAB runs a week, then a very restrictive add/drop window. I usually have to handle those manually.

Unless I've missed something I don't think there is a two system option unless you handle it as you are describing and switching back to add/drop after your FAAB run. I have the same issue. We have two FAAB runs a week, then a very restrictive add/drop window. I usually have to handle those manually.

I am bewildered with the limitations these fantasy sites have.

Combining two free agent pick-up processes seems like a logical thing to do. SMH.