Sign in to follow this  
BTL99

Terrell Pryor - what you guys think about him?

They have weapons. They have him, Gordon after next week, Coleman at some point, The Barndidge, Crowell and Duke, and not a horrible OL. The issue is one - no QB! And it's a hard one to overcome. That, and with all of the other options available or soon available, it makes me nervous, like I'm chasing a one week (maybe two) score. He might do well this week as he still without the other WR options, but I don't know how long he can sustain it.

Does that make him worth an add by dropping someone else? Depends on who that someone is and if they have more clear sustainability.

• Like 1

Law - all that is true and I also think they will be behind in almost all their games and Pryor will have many chances for huge games.

Important thing to note: Pryor is their best player. The Browns recognized this and featured him. Some teams refuse to do that. They'd rather lose that just get the ball into their playmakers hands. Not the Browns, at least for one week. I would trust it.

• Like 1

I'm going to try to pick him up .

I'm surprised that he's been this good.

I'm going to try to pick up some flash.

• Like 2

What most surprises me about the Browns is the performance of Crowell who I thought would lose the every down back role to Duke. Crowell has far out performed my projections for him.

As for Pryor, he's a good play this week against a week Redskins secondary that has lost Hall and Breeland. When Gordon comes back I expect him to become the focus just as Green was in Cinci's passing attack under Jackson as OC.

What most surprises me about the Browns is the performance of Crowell who I thought would lose the every down back role to Duke. Crowell has far out performed my projections for him.

As for Pryor, he's a good play this week against a week Redskins secondary that has lost Hall and Breeland. When Gordon comes back I expect him to become the focus just as Green was in Cinci's passing attack under Jackson as OC.

Week 3 was not kind to Crowell and was to Duke

I think it's going to change with the problems they are having a the Qb postion .

And for some reason every draft the Browns don't seem interested in trying to fix.

I really think Duke J will start be used more as the season goes forward.

Here's the thing. He's their best WR right now (and may be when Gordon comes back, but may not be). He also runs and throws. That's a lot of gadget work that can get you tons of fantasy points in the form of all purpose yards, as well as tons of ways to get TDs. Browns offense sucks, but they are going to score some points, and I have to admit that they look far better as a team than I thought they would at this point (I'm not thinking 0-16, that's for sure). I honestly think McCown or RG3 would actually be pretty decent with the weapons they have right now.

I have an injured Moncreif on my bench. I'm going to see if Pryor can keep this up and Moncreif is going to be sacrificed... I may regret that, but I need WR help and cannot afford to have Moncrief on the bench for another 4 weeks.

Good move.

He will have some big games but I don't think he will be consistent. Most weeks he won't be worth starting. 2 or 3 games though, he will light it up.

Pick him up if you don't have to drop too much,he could be better than that.

The upside could be worth it.

He will have some big games but I don't think he will be consistent. Most weeks he won't be worth starting. 2 or 3 games though, he will light it up.

Pick him up if you don't have to drop too much,he could be better than that.

The upside could be worth it.

+1 with this post.

Here's the deal with Pryor. He's blowing up right now, but Coleman is coming back. Gordon is coming back. When he isn't the only guy on the roster that can do anything, he probably won't be fed the ball, and defenses will catch up to the all the gimmicky stuff. He blew up for one game and had 2 very inefficient games. I'm not going nuts on him.

That being said, guys I would drop for Pryor

Golden Tate
Corey Coleman
Quincy Enunwa
Victor Cruz
Tavon Austin
Mohammed Sanu
Jamison Crowder

Maybe Tyrell Williams?

Guys I wouldn't drop for him
Allen Hurns
Chris Hogan
Davante Adams
Devante Parker
Michael Thomas
Mike Wallace

• Like 1

I agree that when Gordon comes back he won't receive as much targets , but he will still be starting he's proved that he's worthy of a starting role.

I agree that when Gordon comes back he won't receive as much targets , but he will still be starting he's proved that he's worthy of a starting role.

I'm more concerned about him when Coleman comes back. Three mouths to feed plus their TE is tough to do.

Here's the deal with Pryor. He's blowing up right now, but Coleman is coming back. Gordon is coming back. When he isn't the only guy on the roster that can do anything, he probably won't be fed the ball, and defenses will catch up to the all the gimmicky stuff. He blew up for one game and had 2 very inefficient games. I'm not going nuts on him.

Golden Tate

Corey Coleman

Quincy Enunwa

Victor Cruz

Tavon Austin

Mohammed Sanu

Jamison Crowder

Maybe Tyrell Williams?

Allen Hurns

Chris Hogan

Davante Adams

Devante Parker

Michael Thomas

Mike Wallace

This is an excellent post. I enjoyed reading it. Interestingly, I've been mulling dropping Wallace for Pryor. Wallace is a hit or miss guy and is on a team with lots of mouths to feed. Pryor will be top dog this week and should get fed for several more without Coleman. After that, I agree, a drop off.

Golden Tate

Corey Coleman

Quincy Enunwa

Victor Cruz

Tavon Austin

Mohammed Sanu

Jamison Crowder

Maybe Tyrell Williams?

Allen Hurns

Chris Hogan

Davante Adams

Devante Parker

Michael Thomas

Mike Wallace

You will want to hold Tyrell Williams. Take a look at target numbers since Allen went down. Tyrell leads the team, IIRC.

The reason pryor has value for now is they are using him as a qb and rb also. As long as that keeps up, and with keesler I bet it does, he is an every week starter.

wouldn't be surprised if he gets more gimmicks against WA this week. I'm starting him over Fuller... maybe I'll regret that, but he can rack up all sorts of points doing the QB/RB/WR thing even if he never finds the EZ.

If you don't have your flexes tied up with overachievers like Marvin, Pryor needs to be in consideration to start. And he certainly needs to be off any free agent list.

He's got the big play possibility plus a potential for safe floor-ensuring usage. If folks were amped about Lockett and other midround WRs, they should be all over Pryor even with the stank on his name as an ex qb and the potential for Clevelanditis to somehow take him away.

Hugh is a solid football man and he knows he has almost no shot if he doesn't use his best players to the max. Get in on it. I've already missed it in my leagues because a couple folks did it earlier just in-case and won out on their premonition.

I have to decide between Pryor, Ware, and Jordan Howard this week. :dunno:

All three look very promising, can't go wrong.

When brady gets back hogan is going to be their deep threat, but now that gordon is out of the picture, obviously pryor's value goes way up.

I still think everyone is going nuts over one good game though.

Has had as many good games as Hogan

Yes hes on a crappy team compared to Hogan, but hes pretty much the only threat, compared to Hogan being one of many mouths Brady has to feed.

Might be a one game wonder, but definitely has paper upside. It's also the Browns, where disasters go to happen, so we shall see.

I've been lurking in this thread for a few days. This guy is getting about as much respect as not knowing how to spell his name correctly.

When Terrelle Pryor was playing QB for the Raiders his coach was Hugh Jackson. I don't think it is too far of a stretch to see Terrelle as the best option at QB for the Browns today. Clearly, Hugh believes in him.

This is the grandest of all lottery tickets in fantasy football. A waiver wire WR who you can start at WR who actually plays QB/RB/WR. He has the the potential to put up early day Kordell Stewart's numbers. Heck people still talk about using Colston as a TE and he's retired.

The ceiling is higher than any other waiver wire pickup this season.

I've been lurking in this thread for a few days. This guy is getting about as much respect as not knowing how to spell his name correctly.

When Terrelle Pryor was playing QB for the Raiders his coach was Hugh Jackson. I don't think it is too far of a stretch to see Terrelle as the best option at QB for the Browns today. Clearly, Hugh believes in him.

This is the grandest of all lottery tickets in fantasy football. A waiver wire WR who you can start at WR who actually plays QB/RB/WR. He has the the potential to put up early day Kordell Stewart's numbers. Heck people still talk about using Colston as a TE and he's retired.

The ceiling is higher than any other waiver wire pickup this season.

Given that you think very highly of Pryor this week and ROS, would it be nuts to start him over Julio this week? Everyone that has told me I'm crazy for contemplating it pretty much refers to the "start your studs" mentality, without even giving thought to the disparity in their matchups and that Pryor might be playing 3 positions again this week. Pryor was like 50% of Cleveland's offense last week. Not that I still don't like Julio, but man does Pryor's upside look insane.

Also, a little irony in your post Smileseers...you spelled HUE Jackson's name incorrectly.

Given that you think very highly of Pryor this week and ROS, would it be nuts to start him over Julio this week? Everyone that has told me I'm crazy for contemplating it pretty much refers to the "start your studs" mentality, without even giving thought to the disparity in their matchups and that Pryor might be playing 3 positions again this week. Pryor was like 50% of Cleveland's offense last week. Not that I still don't like Julio, but man does Pryor's upside look insane.

Also, a little irony in your post Smileseers...you spelled HUE Jackson's name incorrectly.

You absolutely should start Pryor over gimpy Julio v. Carolina. Didn't you watch last week's game?

:doh: I had some wine and cervezas by midnight when I posted last night. At least it wasn't in the thread title. :dunno:

Tough choice with Julio. I am having a hard time between Pryor and Tyrell Williams this week.

Has Norman fallen off so much that a qb turned wr is such an atomic weapon. The browns have one dynamic threat and a few short yardage receiving/rushing options. Why won't Washington take away pryor and make the browns more predictable?

Has Norman fallen off so much that a qb turned wr is such an atomic weapon. The browns have one dynamic threat and a few short yardage receiving/rushing options. Why won't Washington take away pryor and make the browns more predictable?

Norman only covers one side, that's why.