Sign in to follow this  
GobbleDog

I miss my dead gay Kickass Torrents

As you probably know by now, Kickass Torrents was shut down by the Feds in August 2016 and the owner arrested in Poland. Now it's time for everyone to pay respects to the greatest torrent site in the history of torrents. Every imaginable content available, categorized, easy to browse, and with tons of seeders.

God bless you Kickass. Goodbye cruel world. :cry:

Yea I'm forced to use Pirate Bay lately. I also have a fire stick with kodi that has everything and anything available on it. But I like DL stuff and transfering to my Ipad.

I knew about KA but thought there was an active mirror site.

Santa Cruz > Kodi

Yea I'm forced to use Pirate Bay lately. I also have a fire stick with kodi that has everything and anything available on it. But I like DL stuff and transfering to my Ipad.

You can do that via Pirate Bay, it is just a pain in the ass. Download to your computer. Install VLC on the iPad. Transfer that way.

Books can be added easily too.

Frankly, now that I have a MacBook with a Retina display that weights 2lbs, I never use the iPad anyway.

Kickass had a huge community and torrent sites were somewhat regulated by that community. If a new link attached viruses or whatever to files, word spread. On the flip side, some were well known to provide guaranteed clean material.

Have to say in all my years, I only caught a bad virus once. And it was on Kickass through a crappy link. I was trying to legitimize my 5-fingers version of Windows 7. :bandana: Caught the worst virus of all time. As a semi-tech, I threw everything I had at it, but to no avail. Finally, feeling defeated.... I had to format and reinstall OS. But it's been mostly smooth sailing for 2 decades.

I keep waiting for the Wild West days of the internet to come to end someday, but it never seems to get there. The "whack a mole" seems to prevail.

You can do that via Pirate Bay, it is just a pain in the ass. Download to your computer. Install VLC on the iPad. Transfer that way.

Books can be added easily too.

Frankly, now that I have a MacBook with a Retina display that weights 2lbs, I never use the iPad anyway.

Thats what I meant, I transfer the torrent files from PB to my ipad. On the kodi its a firestick so its limited to watching on the tv.

Somehow they've not killed off piratebay. We use to have more choices, hopefully others sprout up.

Somehow they've not killed off piratebay. We use to have more choices, hopefully others sprout up.

Yeah, it makes me nervous having all my eggs in one basket. I'd hate to have to go back to paying for sh!t again.

(I watch 90% of my movies on on demand through my cable. My music I pay for through Apple Music. I do pirate a lot of books.)

Is there any torrent that is any close to KAT? I came across rutracker but the website seems too cluttered not sure if can even search any torrents? and the website is also in russia but I heard it even has some rare old movies as well. As of now I feel seventorrents or Yify torrents works best for movies.

Cannot stand when people steal IP. No different than walking into a video store back in the day and walking out without paying.

kickass torrent was more recent. i forget the site i used mostly in the dawn of torrent era. i built a music collection for the ages that i still have to this day. man it was awesome. you'd look for an album and just say might as well get the discography. what was the program azureus? but it was something before that. vuze?

also iam80's is kinda right...but i had bought so much music in my life before that...that's how i justified it.

Cannot stand when people steal IP. No different than walking into a video store back in the day and walking out without paying.

I guess you could make the argument that nowadays it's like stealing from the record execs/artist/apple/google whereas back in the day it was like stealing from the video store owner.

The reason to torrent back in the day was because it wasn't easily available digitally. Now that you can easily get all the movies/music you want digitally there's no point in it other than getting it free.

Fake outrage, they will still be able to feed their families don’t worry.

My computer still has aids from all the ghey pron that I watch

Fixed

I have to disagree. It doesn't belong to you. It's outright stealing.

Meh. I liken it to borrowing a physical book or dvd from a friend or coworker. The internet just gives me access to many many more people to borrow from.

Meh. I liken it to borrowing a physical book or dvd from a friend or coworker. The internet just gives me access to many many more people to borrow from.

whatever helps you sleep at night counselor :headbanger:

whatever helps you sleep at night counselor :headbanger:

Oh, Ive paid tens of thousands of dollars for books and cds and movies over the years. The vast majority of which I use once and then never again. I sleep fine getting it for free.

Oh, Ive paid tens of thousands of dollars for books and cds and movies over the years. The vast majority of which I use once and then never again. I sleep fine getting it for free.

you sleep fine stealing it for free :wave: