Sign in to follow this  
brotherbock

Raiders RBs: any new info on who's next up if Murray goes down?

Would it be Washington or Richard?

I may have room for a stash. I'm in a return league for this team, so Richard is actually the top scoring RB on waivers at the moment. But Washington has been the guy people have talked about 'getting more carries'.

Homers, Mick, any info here? Lat is losing carries every week.

Followup Question: would anyone grab either of them over Alf Morris?

I have Washington on both teams i own.

I really think he will be the next man up.

And he looked good in the Ravens game.

Morris is a very good keeper in a great situation if Zeke goes down .

But since I'm really sold on Washington being the next guy up yea I would drop him for Washington.

But again I picked the Jets Defence this past week so I wouldn't trust what I say.

Next man up to what? Getting 8 carries a game? They are all in a firm RBBC and are at best flex players even if 1 goes down. The only one that's really going to have any value is Murray if one of the other two goes down, IMO

Yea I think I was wrong to target Washington. If Murray went down little would change. They would just find another third guy to hand carries to. All worthless.

Yep all worthless. I have Murray and Washington and plan to start neither anytime soon

Oh no hold unto your investment of Washington.

Right now this is a passing team, as its 3rd down conversion rate is killing the running game. Balt has a very stout front seven, but truthfully Murray did not impress.

Del Rio has already made wholesale changes on defense, inserting two rookies into the starting lineup (a successful move BTW.) He's said all along that Murray is the guy, but I can easily see that changing quickly. Both Richard and Wash have impressed, in fact nobody is even talking about Washington's fumble which almost cost them the game. They are very similar runners. Richard has some wicked moves, but he is 4.60 slow. If he had the speed of Wash I think he'd be the guy. Right now they're using him with success in the kick return game.

If I had to pick it'd be Washington, in fact it might be Washington regardless of whether Murray gets hurt. Don't pay too much heed to the attempt numbers. This Raider offense still figuring things out, and will only get better. Third down conversion rates, drops, penalties have really taken a toll. Yet the offense still second in the league. Once, IF, things start clicking they'll definitely want to run the ball.

One other thing. I've taken some heat for my touting Cooper over Crabs. I'll stand by that take, as Crabtree remains TD dependent. But dude is absolutely killing it now, and looks to be fully recovered from his achilles injury. He made a sweet TD grab for the winner, dragging that second toe at the back of the end zone. He may be TD dependent, but he may lead the league in TDs as well.

Thanks for all the input, guys.

I'm putting in requests for Washington and Alf (also for Robert Woods, and he's a higher priority claim). The way I see it, I am good at WR in that league, but I don't think Washington and Alf will be high priorities for my other owners. They'll be chasing guys like Rainey and Inman, I think. If I can get one or both of Wash and Alf in claims in about an hour (F me it's late, wow), I'll have Dixon, two DWashes (Det and Oak), Alf, Smallwood, and Rawls, all behind Duke (in ppr) and Matt Jones. It's not great, but if just one of those guys hits, I could go from a terrible to a mediocre backfield. I'd be dropping CAP in there, but I'm already tired of that train. Although...carp. If Cam is out, CAP may be more valuable. Hmmm.

Yea that's a good point.

No Cam to steal the goal line rushes.

Yea that's a good point.

No Cam to steal the goal line rushes.

I went ahead and did it anyway. CAP hasn't been used like they said he was going to, and I think Cam out, if he is, is balanced out by the higher chance of them playing from behind, which would make it FozzieTime. I did get all three of my targets off waivers--Woods, DWash-Oak, and Alf. The only one I'm possibly starting this week is Woods, of course. I have a flex spot open for Ginn (return yards), Floyd, Woods, or Dixon. Both DWashes, Smallwood, and Alf are holds. But maybe one of them will take off. Latavius is sitting at 52% risk over at Sports Injury Predictor, so I'm hopeful in a ghoulish sort of way.

I did see another owner pickup Ajayi with the news that Gase wants to cut down his RBBC. I'll believe that when I see it, I'm not biting that bait again.

Yea I agree I saw what Gase said.

And I'm not buying it either until i see it happen.

Looks like Foster is on his way back , so just his return alone tells be its going to be mostly a RBBC

I'm sure they want Foster to once again shoulder the load but he's to much of a injury risk and I'm sure he will be on a small pitch count.

This is a backfield just not worth stashing.

Miami, or the Raiders?

Murray has an injury history himself, he's actually somewhat likely to miss significant time this year. If so, a two-back rotation means you have at least one fantasy starter these days.

Whoa! Glad I made the call to grab DWash...

per Roto:

Latavius Murray (toe) didn't practice on Wednesday.

Scott Bair, who covers the Raiders for CSN Bay Area, said Murray has been sporting a walking boot in "recent days." It's anyone's guess if he'll be out there Sunday against the Chargers. Once regarded as a weekly RB2 in fantasy, Murray's committee role has left him as a boom-or-bust flex option.

Whoa! Glad I made the call to grab DWash...

per Roto:

Latavius Murray (toe) didn't practice on Wednesday.

Scott Bair, who covers the Raiders for CSN Bay Area, said Murray has been sporting a walking boot in "recent days." It's anyone's guess if he'll be out there Sunday against the Chargers. Once regarded as a weekly RB2 in fantasy, Murray's committee role has left him as a boom-or-bust flex option.

Just dropped hurns for him.

Wont he just split with jaylen though?

Yes. Be out on Jennings. He might have a good month at some point but you won't trust him until it's almost over.

Latest from rotoworld:

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Latavius Murray (toe) is "doubtful" to play in Week 5 against the Chargers.

The Raiders will likely turn to DeAndre Washington as the starter, with Jalen Richard mixing in to change the pace and FB Jamize Olawale in a possible short-yardage vulture role. Washington has averaged 6.4 yards per carry on his first 23 NFL totes, showing big-play running ability. He was a high-volume pass catcher in college and the Chargers have been hemorrhaging PPR points to running backs. Washington should be set up for 13-17 touches in a possible breakout spot. Murray was already trending downward before this injury. He was easily the Raiders' most ineffective back in last week's win over Baltimore and was spotted in a walking boot at team headquarters this week.

Just dropped hurns for him.

Wont he just split with jaylen though?

Yeah, but not evenly. And a two-way split is what the entire rest of the league has, and we're finding starters out of those other teams. If Murray was starter worthy leading a three way split, DWash should be worthy leading a two way split.

Would you drop Rashad Jennings for DeAndre?

A featured back for a guy in 3-way RBBC...who's starting for 1-2 weeks?

A featured back for a guy in 3-way RBBC...who's starting for 1-2 weeks?

An often (and currently) injured back who has rushed 30 times for 100 yards this season. Five 100 yard games in 3 years. Been a long time since he could be described as 'featured'

Dropped Murray for Matt Jones last night.

I'm 3-1 right now, but prolly the worst 3-1 lineup in the history of FF.

The Raiders RB's scare the hell out of me. Someone will emerge, though, right?

Their passing game should lead to one of the remaining two to have some huge FF games in the near future, I would imagine. But are you going to be the person that rolls the dice on which one?

I can't do it.

I'm going to flex Washington this weekend.

I'm flexing Richards due to injuries and byes. Not too confident. Although, I do think it will be a pretty even split this weekend.

Their passing game should lead to one of the remaining two to have some huge FF games in the near future, I would imagine. But are you going to be the person that rolls the dice on which one?

I can't do it.

Im 3-1 and 4 of my 7 skill positions are less than 25% owned.

Lets go MFer!! :)

I can't do it.

Why would you drop LMurray so soon? It's not like he is put on IR?

Should I start Washington now that Murray is out?

I just picked up Washington not to stash but to start. Of course, this may not pan out, but he is stRting. My options are Coleman or Smalls, so I think I will start DWash and see what happens.

I'm flexing DWash, quite possibly starting Dixon too, out of need. But I'm also starting Matt Jones. I think people are giving up on him at the wrong time. But Murray was already losing his starting gig before this injury. He may not take over again.

Wow, fresh news about Slats. Not sure if this went down last week or during practice. The former may explain his performance, though the Ravens run D is no slouch.

This will be a Wash start, but look for a hot hand approach from Del Rio. Though they are similar backs, Richard is considerably slower with a 4.61 forty time. He had a punt return last week, a brilliant cut back job, but was caught by the punter short of the end zone. Richard has mad skills, and if he had the speed of Wash it wouldn't be a question.

But my guess is Washington starts, gets majority of work especially in passing game, and takes this job outright. Toe injuries an be tricky, especially for big guys. Slats doesn't have much shiftiness anyway, so this will limit him even if he gets back on the field. Coaches are desperate to get this running game cranked up, seeing the nature of the defense now. If Wash has a big week, and I'm starting him, he may keep this gig.

• Like 1

I took a flier on Jalen Richard because in a deep league, DeAndre Washington was already drafted and stashed. However, Richard has just as good of a chance to run away with this job. He surprised the team during training camp and preseason and then broke off that huge 75 yard TD run in Week 1 vs the Saints. Truth be told, I'd rather have DeAndre as most bits of information point to him being in the lead but if you missed out on him I wouldn't sleep on Richard. I'm probably forced to roll with Richard this week due to injuries, byes and the nice matchup vs SD.

I took a flier on Jalen Richard because in a deep league, DeAndre Washington was already drafted and stashed. However, Richard has just as good of a chance to run away with this job. He surprised the team during training camp and preseason and then broke off that huge 75 yard TD run in Week 1 vs the Saints. Truth be told, I'd rather have DeAndre as most bits of information point to him being in the lead but if you missed out on him I wouldn't sleep on Richard. I'm probably forced to roll with Richard this week due to injuries, byes and the nice matchup vs SD.

Richard =Smallwood this week. Both back ups, barring injury to top guy, both get about 6-10 touches.

Would you drop Langford or Dwayne Washington for DeAndre Washington? I have Howard and Latavius. Dropping Langford would be a gamble that Howard takes the job outright - which admittedly given Langford's performance isn't a huge stretch.

Yes on Langford. Yes on Detroit runner too, but not as emphatic.

Wow, fresh news about Slats. Not sure if this went down last week or during practice. The former may explain his performance, though the Ravens run D is no slouch.

This will be a Wash start, but look for a hot hand approach from Del Rio. Though they are similar backs, Richard is considerably slower with a 4.61 forty time. He had a punt return last week, a brilliant cut back job, but was caught by the punter short of the end zone. Richard has mad skills, and if he had the speed of Wash it wouldn't be a question.

But my guess is Washington starts, gets majority of work especially in passing game, and takes this job outright. Toe injuries an be tricky, especially for big guys. Slats doesn't have much shiftiness anyway, so this will limit him even if he gets back on the field. Coaches are desperate to get this running game cranked up, seeing the nature of the defense now. If Wash has a big week, and I'm starting him, he may keep this gig.

Let me just say I appreciate your Raider input Mick. I read your Oakland posts carefully since I'm a Deandre owner and am trying to buy low on Cooper. If there is ever a Raider issue I'm hoping to see your takes.

Thanks and keep it up please.

• Like 1

Murray was already losing carries. The way I see it, Murray was worth starting before. If he plays, it looks like DWash will play the Murray role in a three back at worst. I'm okay with that too. My RB situation is so bad, I'll take it. But if Mick agrees that DWash has a chance to run off with the job, I'm even happier.

Let me just say I appreciate your Raider input Mick. I read your Oakland posts carefully since I'm a Deandre owner and am trying to buy low on Cooper. If there is ever a Raider issue I'm hoping to see your takes.

Thanks and keep it up please.

Please also note I've misunderstimated Michael Crabtree and the fact he's flat out balling this year lol.

Murray was already losing carries. The way I see it, Murray was worth starting before. If he plays, it looks like DWash will play the Murray role in a three back at worst. I'm okay with that too. My RB situation is so bad, I'll take it. But if Mick agrees that DWash has a chance to run off with the job, I'm even happier.

Just have a feeling Del Rio will not hesitate to make a switch if it gives the team a spark. He has so far proven to be anything but a conservative coach this year, and his inserting two rookies into the starting defensive lineup has played big dividends.

This running game needs a jump start, and the shiftiness of Wash means another rookie who may benefit from opportunity. A runner with moves will help maximize this beast of an offensive line. Wash is more of a speed guy, and feel he possesses considerable more burst than Richard. He should get the start and first shot.