Sign in to follow this  
Mark91G

Gordon against Denver

Gordon has scored 7 td in 5 games now for SD but can he do it against Denver next week ?

freeman showed this week you can run against them but I don't feel Gordon is the same level as freeman

thinking Riddick may be the safer choice in week 6

Gordon is getting goal line carries, but other than week 3, he's getting squat for yard. Not sure if that's a bad SD OL or if that's a bad Melvin Gordon... or both. I was pretty happy with him the first few weeks, but I'm ready to bench him.

yeah his yardage is terrible he is a run straight Rb he isn't going to be cutting and gaining extra yards other than what's right in front of him but he dose add 30/40 yards in the air and at least 1 TD a week. which in standard scoring is a 10 17 point game.

but am not sure if he can do it in Denver maybe Riddick or west would be safer options this week?

When gets anything other than surrounded on a carry, he gets chunk yardage. Only the fumbling is a big issue. If you can't get a sweet deal for him based on his td output and usage, keep him and start him every week.

He had something like 90 combined yards and a TD yesterday with more than 4.0 YPC. It feels unsustainable but the Chargers seem to run at the goal like and they have nobody else to take carries. Keep in mind too Gordon was a recent 1st round pick so they are invested in him to some degree.

true they have no choice but to stay with him.

my worry is he is a one cut RB he hits the gap and that's it freeman run over Denver but he had to cut 2/3 times to get through

but his passing game might be the saving grace I can see him being stopped on the ground but putting up 40/50 yards in the air and snatching a 1 yard td rush.

iv had Riddick on the bench all season as iv had CJ Gordon and freeman but I feel Riddick has to get in the team now and don't know who to drop

yeah his yardage is terrible he is a run straight Rb he isn't going to be cutting and gaining extra yards other than what's right in front of him but he dose add 30/40 yards in the air and at least 1 TD a week. which in standard scoring is a 10 17 point game.

but am not sure if he can do it in Denver maybe Riddick or west would be safer options this week?

He also has no patience running. He just plows forward as fast as possible. Doesn't wait for any blocks to develop.

I'll be benching him against Denver. I'm fortunate to have picked up Jordan Howard otherwise I'd have to play him.

He had something like 90 combined yards and a TD yesterday with more than 4.0 YPC. It feels unsustainable but the Chargers seem to run at the goal like and they have nobody else to take carries. Keep in mind too Gordon was a recent 1st round pick so they are invested in him to some degree.

THey threw TDs yesterday from the 4 and 1 yard line. Doesn't inspire confidence moving forward.

He also has no patience running. He just plows forward as fast as possible. Doesn't wait for any blocks to develop.

I'll be benching him against Denver. I'm fortunate to have picked up Jordan Howard otherwise I'd have to play him.

exactly she just runs full power into what ever is there which wont work against Denver, freeman cut his way through them waiting for gaps and making people miss which Gordon wont do.

but do you think his passing work will work against them ? or is Riddick the safer option.

I wish I had got Howard he seems to be picking up a lot of steam now

exactly she just runs full power into what ever is there which wont work against Denver, freeman cut his way through them waiting for gaps and making people miss which Gordon wont do.

but do you think his passing work will work against them ? or is Riddick the safer option.

I wish I had got Howard he seems to be picking up a lot of steam now

No, I'm avoiding Gordon against the two Denver games. But I have that luxury.

If you can I would place him on the bench and look for a better option.

If you can I would place him on the bench and look for a better option.

if I bench him I have Riddick and west who can go in.

or I can play Cobb in the flex

You guys realize that Denver Def is ranked 24th against the run? Before the ATL game they were ranked 22. Why would you bench Gordon now?

Gordon has scored 7 td in 5 games now for SD but can he do it against Denver next week ?

freeman showed this week you can run against them but I don't feel Gordon is the same level as freeman

thinking Riddick may be the safer choice in week 6

Look at the two offensive lines as well. The Bolt's line is putrid, while the moves Atlanta has made up front is a primary reason for that team's resurgence. Getting Mack from the dumb fock Clowns was an absolutel steal. Ryan hasn't had an offensive line this good in his career, and Freeman is a very patient ZBS runner.

You guys realize that Denver Def is ranked 24th against the run? Before the ATL game they were ranked 22. Why would you bench Gordon now?

Some people look for reasons to shoot themselves in the foot, to make this harder than it needs to be.

He's the lead back (the only back) on a team with a decent offense. He scores TDs. Where do most of the points in FF come from? For most leagues, it's TDs.

Just like the people who sat or cut L Murray. The guy wasn't getting yards, but scored every week. Horrible! (sarcasm)

Mick answered the question why you might want to bench Gordon if you have a better option.

Because I don't like what I see.