Sign in to follow this  
cousinal111

Ty Montgomery Anyone?

Anyone eye balling him on waivers? Lacy is banged up, Starks out 4 weeks & Montgomery saw some action at RB. With Adams possibly missing time at WR with a concussion, I think he is worth a look in deep ppr leagues.

Thoughts?

Hellz no.

Wide receivers never ever do anything at runningback first of all. His usage was game flow dependent.

He actually seems more built to be a RB than a WR. He wouldn't be the first guy to convert from WR to RB but that usually happens in college and not the pro level. I think he's a fantastic play for this week (short week with Starks and Adams out and Lacy and Cobb banged up) but would like to use my waiver priority on someone who will be more than just a one week flier. Are they serious about him getting work as a RB going forward? If so he could potentially be a very sneaky add throwing a quasi RB out there as your WR3.

An under the radar guy I'm also looking at (that wouldn't require using a waiver pick) is Jeff Janis. He seemed to step in as the #3 when Adams went out. He made some nice catches and had that monster game in the playoffs last season vs Arizona. Would love to hear from the Packers homers about both guys.

Packers just traded for Knile Davis so I'm guessing a lot of Ty's value takes a hit since he won't be in the backfield catching passes and getting some carries as much (or at all). The question now is does he step in as the #3 to replace Davante Adams or is it Jeff Janis?

I still think Ty is a sneaky pick this week since I doubt Davis will get much work on a short week so Ty should have a role similar to Sunday against Dallas.

I wonder if you could only play him at the WR position?

Didnt Ty have 2 fumbles last game ?

Yes one lost and one out of bounds.

I am DESPERATE for WR help having lost starters due to injury and being forced to start the likes of D. Parker, DJax, etc. If I could get anything out of Montgomery I'll be thrilled. I'm hoping they use him as a Theo Riddick type with some catches out of the backfield, some catches as a WR and 2-5 carries a game. McCarthy said they need to start getting him the ball.Maybe he's just a one week play, maybe not. My WR corps is so sorry I'm willing to gamble on him.

2 fumbles, only lost 1.

i tried for montgomery first, but ended up with davis instead. honestly not sure who you really want at this point. probably montgomery for tomorrow and davis for after? :dunno:

Didnt Ty have 2 fumbles last game ?

2 fumbles, only lost 1.

i tried for montgomery first, but ended up with davis instead. honestly not sure who you really want at this point. probably montgomery for tomorrow and davis for after? :dunno:

That would be my guess. I'm not sure Davis will have enough time to be ready for more than a handful of straight ahead carries tomorrow night. The Packers may also promote RB Don Jackson off the practice squad. I'm assuming Ty will have a role similar to Sunday. It's really a wait and see at this point.

In a PPR league go for it. Sneaky pick this week. He'll get you 5, 6 catches out of the backfield. He's going to be in the backfield Thursday for sure. If you need a guy for a week, no doubt. After that who knows.

right. you have to think that tomorrow night's game plan will be light on the running side, for obvious reasons. so, if that is true, do they really put davis on the field and trust him with blitz pickup this early? i really don't think so. at least montgomery should have some knowledge of the protection schemes. i'm guessing they lean towards the packages that minimize dependence on the backs but when they have a back on the field, it will be montgomery

That would be my guess. I'm not sure Davis will have enough time to be ready for more than a handful of straight ahead carries tomorrow night. The Packers may also promote RB Don Jackson off the practice squad. I'm assuming Ty will have a role similar to Sunday. It's really a wait and see at this point.

yeah, should be alot of easy reads: "pick up free rusher on strong side, if none, release into flat" type stuff

In a PPR league go for it. Sneaky pick this week. He'll get you 5, 6 catches out of the backfield. He's going to be in the backfield Thursday for sure. If you need a guy for a week, no doubt. After that who knows.

Post Bears game.

He is now known and desired.

However, he was playing the Bears.

What should be a real expectation against typical NFL team?

Knowing that Lacy is IR.

GB is bound to be addressing RB position any way possible.

How certain is Montgomery to these plans this season?

Post Bears game.

He is now known and desired.

What should be a real expectation against typical NFL team?

Knowing that Lacy is IR.

GB is bound to be addressing RB position any way possible.

How certain is Montgomery to these plans this season?

You are asking the question all Montgomery owners are asking. I pray he somehow holds this role all year but who knows.

Heck, I would just settle for a good source of Packer sites.

The local paper in G.B. has barely anything on Jordy since part way through training camp.

Packers must be a on a down year. for otherwise Shonuff would have made his presense known.

I think Ty Mont is a massive sell high right now to a team that needs to win now, esp in PPR leagues. GB may ride him another week or two at most, but soon enough Knile Davis will be up to speed, and then soon after Starks will be back.

I don't disagree with the post above.

Only problem I have is that K Davis just isn't any good.

I'm not sure when Starks is due to return , do you ?

With the WR designation I don't see him as a sell high right now. I know people are always excited about the big games and not only can Ty deliver that. He was so close to a TD but he also has a very nice floor each week. In PPR he is absolute gold.

I'd be buying low if you were tardy to the party. There is no reason to be scared of Davis or Starks. It was the Bears but the offense was clicking and Ty causes match up issues whenever his is in the backfield and matched against a LB.

The Bears are 14th in points allowed to WRs so far this year and all the way down to 24th in points allowed to RBs. So Montgomery's numbers stand a reasonable chance of being repeatable.

I won't get him as I am 7th in the order. I wish I could. I would love a WR that is going to get rb production.

FWIW the Packers were planning on working Montgomery in to the RB mix before they were forced to accelerate that plan. Heard an interview tonight with Wayne Larivee (Packers play-by-play man) and he said Montgomery was working at RB long before, even a little bit last year before his injury.

I'm rolling with it as long as it lasts cuz I can't imagine getting anything too obviously grand for him right now. After losing Allen, Watkins, and Moncrief, I've been searching. Cole Beasley and now Ty are keeping me afloat.

Looks like ESPN just gave Montgomery the RB designation. With RB being such a crap shoot anyone think this changes his value? I thought he looked decent on Thursday. Certain on par with the other back Green Bay has

I read that 3 days ago when it came out. It's encouraging, but I'd like to see something more RECENT from Rotoworld etc.. stating something like ... "GB plans to keep using Montgomery in the same roll for the foreseeable future"... Once I read that it will be "jizz, meet pants" time.

I read that 3 days ago when it came out. It's encouraging, but I'd like to see something more RECENT from Rotoworld etc.. stating something like ... "GB plans to keep using Montgomery in the same roll for the foreseeable future"... Once I read that it will be "jizz, meet pants" time.

my paints are already stained...i dont think i need a comment from mccarthy to validate what should be obvious.....

I still laugh at the first reply when I started this thread. He may end up being that guy everyone grabbed midseason who wins lots of championships.

I still laugh at the first reply when I started this thread. He may end up being that guy everyone grabbed midseason who wins lots of championships.

From your keyboard to God's flatscreen.

Yeah, I apologize. I was trying to curb the hype train to give myself a chance to get him. I hardly ever do that.

Bid over half my free agent bid dollars for him and still missed out.