Sign in to follow this  
edjr

When the Chicago Cubs win the world series. How many people will die?

Steve Bartman should be the first person to talk at the parade...

Yea, never mind the current crop of guys who won you the WS - let's make Steve Bartman the story here. :thumbsdown:

Yea, never mind the current crop of guys who won you the WS - let's make Steve Bartman the story here. :thumbsdown:

He is the story... If that didn't happen and Alou made the catch and they won the Series, there would have not been a jinx to break this year...

Steve Bartman should be the first person to talk at the parade...

He'd just get in the way

He is the story... If that didn't happen and Alou made the catch and they won the Series, there would have not been a jinx to break this year...

The story is wining for the WS for the 1st time since 1908. The story is ending the longest championship drought in all of sports - not some guy named Steve Bartman, who's goof didn't even happen in the WS - it was a full series before that.

The story is wining for the WS for the 1st time since 1908. The story is ending the longest championship drought in all of sports - not some guy named Steve Bartman, who's goof didn't even happen in the WS - it was a full series before that.

Oh yeah, that was the NLCS... My bad...

But congrats to Steve Bartman, where ever you are...

And shotsup predicted an Indians sweep, good call

:mad:

Don't interrupt my nap.

I am dragging arse today. It feels like a "take a nap in my office, let the assistant do all of my work" type of day.

This is exactly what I'm doing and everyone here knows it. :bench:

Okay and so how long is everyone gonna drag out the "Cubs Win" thing? I mean, yeah, celebrate, but I hope all the talk and hoopla is behind us by Monday.

Okay and so how long is everyone gonna drag out the "Cubs Win" thing? I mean, yeah, celebrate, but I hope all the talk and hoopla is behind us by Monday.

Probably about a week or so...

It's not even been 24 hrs.

It's not like we're Patriots fans still boasting about a Super Bowl win from 2 years ago.

Not sure, just so long as they don't go New England on us, and ruin it completely

Thing that sucks about the Cubs is that there are a ton of fear boy fans, I'm different l, over 40 years of scar tissue built up. Honestly, one of the best days of my life

The 2011 Cardinals/Rangers WS - game 7 won in the 11th with a walkoff homerun by David Freese was the most electric I've seen baseball. This was good though too. I was hoping it would go down to the wire.

No, that was a game 6 walk off homer. The 7th game in 2011 was not that close.

Greatest single sporting event ever?

It's up there, but I don't think it's the greatest ever.

Others to consider:

U.S. Olympic hockey team beat Russia

Namath and the Jets beat the Colts

The Ice Bowl

The Hail Mary

Mr October hits 3 homers in 3 pitches

Others to consider:

The Ice Bowl

The Hail Mary

Good post :thumbsup:

No, that was a game 6 walk off homer. The 7th game in 2011 was not that close.

Ah. That was an amazing game.

Ah. That was an amazing game.

Remember the game when I was pitching to you and the count was 2-0 ?

balls on your face :banana: :banana: :banana:

Others to consider:

The Ice Bowl

The Hail Mary

1991 World Series game 7 Smoltz vs Morris, 10 innings 1 run. Morris went all ten. That will probably never happen again, as witnessed last night with Maddons hook.

1991 World Series game 7 Smoltz vs Morris, 10 innings 1 run. Morris went all ten. That will probably never happen again, as witnessed last night with Maddons hook.

Maddon proved himself to not only be a bit of a choker, a not so great manager after all.

Had Cleveland scored another run in the 9th inning of game 7, The Maddon Curse would have taken over the land. He litterally went from being the G.O.A.T. to the goat

On the other hand, the losing manager - Terry Francona proved himself to be not on the best in the game right now, maybe the best the last 20+ years

Maddon proved himself to not only be a bit of a choker, a not so great manager after all.

Had Cleveland scored another run in the 9th inning of game 7, The Maddon Curse would have taken over the land. He litterally went from being the G.O.A.T. to the goat

On the other hand, the losing manager - Terry Francona proved himself to be not on the best in the game right now, maybe the best the last 20+ years

Francona is one cool customer. Him and Boche are the best

Francona is one cool customer. Him and Boche are the best

:thumbsup:

Got far too little credit for winning in Boston. It's too bad his team lost. Cubs were the far superior talented team and he lost 2 of his SP

Greatest single sporting event ever?

I'd put it right behind Superbowl 32.

So, did people die? Update?

I died a little on the inside that night. Just a little.

I died a little on the inside that night. Just a little.

Just like 1994.

I guess I am not old enough to have witnessed some of the classics. But as far as the actual game, it was pretty amazing.

I know it was a different time and way less channels.

but 75 million people watched game 6 of the 1975 world series.

1/3 of the country

I know it was a different time and way less channels.

but 75 million people watched game 6 of the 1975 world series.

1/3 of the country

i was old enough to watch and remember that series. I thought that series was just as exciting as this one but much better played. Cubs-Indians was very exciting but there were a lot of bad defensive plays. The 75 series was very well played and it was stocked with great players: Rose, Bench, Yaz, Fisk, Morgan, Griffey Sr, Freddy Lynn, Dwight Evans, Luis Tiant, etc., Baseball was in decline in the early 70's and that series helped revive it. It won't get a mention on ESPN because nothing in baseball occurred pre-ESPN.

i was old enough to watch and remember that series. I thought that series was just as exciting as this one but much better played. Cubs-Indians was very exciting but there were a lot of bad defensive plays. The 75 series was very well played and it was stocked with great players: Rose, Bench, Yaz, Fisk, Morgan, Griffey Sr, Freddy Lynn, Dwight Evans, Luis Tiant, etc., Baseball was in decline in the early 70's and that series helped revive it. It won't get a mention on ESPN because nothing in baseball occurred pre-ESPN.

Not me. I've seen the replay many times over.