Sign in to follow this  
frank

Taylor Gabriel

Anyone starting him? FFToday has him ranked really low. He has done well 4 games in a row and is facing the #32 D against WRs. I might start him over Hopkins tomorrow.

Last 4 games for each (ppr)

Gabriel: 16, 18, 16, 27

Hopkins: 8, 9, 10, 12

Gabriel has been smoking hot. I am starting him as my flex over Kenny Britt, to tandem with ODB, Emmanuel Sanders and Sammy Watkins.

Slot receivers tend to kill the Chiefs, so I am hoping for big things fom Gabriel with Marcus Peters shadowing Julio.

He's ranked low because he relies a lot on big plays, which cannot be counted on. If he doesn't get those, his numbers are apt to be very low. So very high risk/high reward, so make sure you factor that into your own personal risk propensity.

He's ranked low because he relies a lot on big plays, which cannot be counted on. If he doesn't get those, his numbers are apt to be very low. So very high risk/high reward, so make sure you factor that into your own personal risk propensity.

I agree with this. Only 16 touches in his last 4 games. One of those games he only had one catch but it was a 70+ yard TD.

He wasn't even picked up in any of the three leagues I'm in.

I took a look at him but I'll pass

Slot receivers tend to kill the Chiefs, so I am hoping for big things fom Gabriel with Marcus Peters shadowing Julio.

Peters RARELY shadows. And Sanu runs more slot routes than Gabriel, or at least has more slot routes than Gabriel.

With that said, I'm rolling with Gabriel in an important league of mine. He's been a WR1 over about a five-week period, PPR or standard. Yes, the targets are scary low, but the offense is rolling, he is a big-play threat and Ryan just loved him up this week. Maybe he starts becoming more than a gadget/five-target-per-week player this week?

I don't know.

I think this will be the week that J Jones wakes up and has one of his big games.

I don't know.

I think this will be the week that J Jones wakes up and has one of his big games.

Jones sucks most weeks. He's due for a good one now.