Sign in to follow this  
BLS

Help me advertise my business

Hey Geeks,

Let's try a productive thread. I could really use some help advertising my business (Carry Permit).

Currently we run facebook ads and I pay a couple of guys to run flyers and hang them up at bars, restaurants, gas stations, etc.

Business has slowed way down with the election results, and the numbers aren't very good.

I need a new way to get students, but can't afford radio ads (in the past they haven't worked).

I've tried newspaper ads, and they haven't worked well either.

I'm actually considering just hanging a flyer on every car in Walmart parking lot, but I'm not sure that's a good idea.

Anybody have any advertising ideas?

Can you work with other businesses to offer courses? "Buy a Gun, Carry Class Comes Complimentary"

How about teaming up with a psychiatrist to offer concurrent self-esteem boosting classes?

There are only about 15 posters here anymore, and with your stupidity, I'm about to make it 14 that I view.

Can you work with other businesses to offer courses? "Buy a Gun, Carry Class Comes Complimentary"

That's actually not a bad idea.

Customers not impressed by your Trump bet?

Putting 2016 GOTY on an ad not going to help?

You could hang out at the bus terminal. :dunno:

Probably already does...but that is not about business.

What are your thoughts regarding hanging flyers on cars in a mall parking lot, etc?

Annoying as hell, right?

What are your thoughts regarding hanging flyers on cars in a mall parking lot, etc?

Annoying as hell, right?

Right. In my area, there's a Buyer's Guide for selling items and services, a lot of small businesses use it. An ad up at gun shops, pawn shops, and other places people buy guns is something you're likely already doing. Try a deal like mentioned above, receive money off on the class if you buy your gun at 'this' shop.

Have you got a magnetic sign on your vehicle yet? If not, do so.. it's free advertising and it does work. Put one on the wife's car, have a buddy add one, etc.

Right. In my area, there's a Buyer's Guide for selling items and services, a lot of small businesses use it. An ad up at gun shops, pawn shops, and other places people buy guns is something you're likely already doing. Try a deal like mentioned above, receive money off on the class if you buy your gun at 'this' shop.

Have you got a magnetic sign on your vehicle yet? If not, do so.. it's free advertising and it does work. Put one on the wife's car, have a buddy add one, etc.

Yeah, most of the vehicles have vinyl signs/text on them.

How about teaming up with a psychiatrist to offer concurrent self-esteem boosting classes?

are you typing this from your safe space while drying your tears with your rainbow flag ?

I was wondering this before the election, if secretly the gun manufacturers were kinda hoping Hillary would win. I expect that sales will drop significantly over the next 4-8 years.

Have you considered trying one of those half off companies? Groupon or whatever others there are? I took the course after purchasing one of these online.

I see a lot of tractor trailers sitting in farmers fields next to I-75 advertising deer feed for the hunters heading North. Maybe try the same concept but have your trailers close to exits to heavily black populated cities.

Oooh, you're really getting off at this exit??

Might want to look into getting concealed carry blah blah blah

1-800-shootnigga

There are only about 15 posters here anymore, and with your stupidity, I'm about to make it 14 that I view.

Promise? :wub:

Annoying as hell, right?

I wouldn't do random mall parking lots. I'd consider Cabela's, 's Sporting goods, Bass Pro and that type of parking lots though.

You could also check into the cost of advertising at outdoor forums. Lake State Fishing, Fishing MN and the like.

Do you have a list of gun clubs in the state? Direct mail their members?

Do you do anything with the audiences on your Facebook ads? The more you tailor the audiences the better success you will have.

I also recommend doing some inStream YouTube ads, they are very affordable right now with a high return rate.

Also give Google.com/adwords a try.

Hire a blogger.

What's your Google ranking like. I just did a search for MN Conceal Cary, you're not on the first page for my search.

What about gun shows?

What is your target market/demographic? Once you know who you are targeting, then you have to understand how they buy. Some of those people are Internet shoppers, while others buy based on word of mouth.

Target men 35 and older with kids. Your PPC and CPC will go way way way down.

Run inStream YouTube ads over channels like Louder Crowder etc... with audience definitions set for your location.

Have you considered trying one of those half off companies? Groupon or whatever others there are? I took the course after purchasing one of these online.

You know, I used to think it was a good idea. But haven't lately.

How do they work?

I wouldn't do random mall parking lots. I'd consider Cabela's, ######'s Sporting goods, Bass Pro and that type of parking lots though.

See I like that idea, but I'm afraid people will just get p1ssed and call (tying up my phone line) b1tching about the flyer.

Do you do anything with the audiences on your Facebook ads? The more you tailor the audiences the better success you will have.

I also recommend doing some inStream YouTube ads, they are very affordable right now with a high return rate.

Also give Google.com/adwords a try.

Hire a blogger.

What do you mean with 'audiences'?

You really get ANYTHING out of the youtube ads? I've never even looked at anything in those ads.

What's the point of a blogger?

What's your Google ranking like. I just did a search for MN Conceal Cary, you're not on the first page for my search.

Wow....what the fock.

I did too. That's BOOTY. :wall:

See I like that idea, but I'm afraid people will just get p1ssed and call (tying up my phone line) b1tching about the flyer.

You like it because it is easy. Don't do it. Separate yourself from the others.

Locally there is a gun shop offering $50 off a safety class for women. Don't need to buy the gun at the shop, simply want to learn proper safe handling of a weapon.

What do you mean with 'audiences'?

You really get ANYTHING out of the youtube ads? I've never even looked at anything in those ads.

What's the point of a blogger?

1. Audiences like... sex, age, parents or not, area they live in etc... you can get pretty specific.

2. Yes inStream ads are the most lucrative for me.

3. Organic search results. This is key.

What about gun shows?

What is your target market/demographic? Once you know who you are targeting, then you have to understand how they buy. Some of those people are Internet shoppers, while others buy based on word of mouth.

I used to try to do those, but all of our instructors teach on the weekends (when gun shows are going on).

Most of the people at guns shows already have their permits, as well. But I get your line of thinking. The good news, and problem, is that most new carry permit students are the 'normal' demographic. They're regular people who are worried about current events.

I used to try to do those, but all of our instructors teach on the weekends (when gun shows are going on).

Most of the people at guns shows already have their permits, as well. But I get your line of thinking. The good news, and problem, is that most new carry permit students are the 'normal' demographic. They're regular people who are worried about current events.

Try targeting real estate agents, repo men... any occupation where they are meeting a lot of strangers, my buddy down the street has a lot of luck with his CC class running these style of ads.

Wow....what the fock.

I did too. That's BOOTY. :wall:

That would be the first thing I'd work on.

Do you know anyone that runs local DU, Pheasant Forever, Deer Hunter banquets? Maybe send their members a flyer or set up a booth at their events.

Try targeting real estate agents, repo men... any occupation where they are meeting a lot of strangers, my buddy down the street has a lot of luck with his CC class running these style of ads.

If my real estate agent is recommending I get a CC permit........

exactly - and iam90's has the right idea too.

BLS, everything you listed in your original post is PUSH marketing, i.e. you pay to push an ad to anyone out there and you have no idea who the customers being pushed to are or if they even give a fock about you.

you need a website (supported by social media outlets) that is optimized for search - this is PULL marketing - figure out what people who want/need your services search for and then optimize your site with those search words/phrases.

And you are very much a "local" business- - you need a Google My Business Listing if you don't already have one.

The key idea here is that you don't know who wants your services and people who want your services don't know you exist if they don't find you when searching.

Expand your business, offer general training in how to be a better shot in both skeet and rifle.

See if there are some small business associations around you. Often times, there are networking opportunities and you can cross pollinate your marketing.

It sounds like you have to get referrals by word of mouth, so make sure that you have a web presence with testimonials.

Not sure how permits are handed out down there, but you will want to be friends with someone who does that because they control all of the newbies that are out there.

You know, I used to think it was a good idea. But haven't lately.

How do they work?

The ranges around here offer the course for anywhere from 40-60% off retail. The class I was in had at least 20 people. I just had to purchase a voucher through the online company (groupon or whatever) and the voucher provided instructions on how to register for the course at the discounted rate. The large issue with this is it has got to narrow your profit margin paying the website and takinga reduced rate unless you over exaggerate pricing. It may be good to get you through slow times.

Have you tried anything in regards to referral business? Maybe set up something through Constant Contact to send to past customers and see how likely they are to refer other customers.

1. Audiences like... sex, age, parents or not, area they live in etc... you can get pretty specific.

2. Yes inStream ads are the most lucrative for me.

3. Organic search results. This is key.

What about google ads?

I like the idea.

That would be the first thing I'd work on.

Do you know anyone that runs local DU, Pheasant Forever, Deer Hunter banquets? Maybe send their members a flyer or set up a booth at their events.

Already on it. Meeting with a guy Wednesday about it, and having one of my instructors get working on a blog for our site.