Sign in to follow this  
discmonkey

Playoff WR pick-up

PPR, bonus for rec yardage over 100...

I need a little more depth at WR going into the playoffs. I own Julio Jones, Larry Fitz, and Tyrell Williams. Would you add Malcolm Mitchell or Taylor Gabriel to this group?

Any thoughts are appreciated!

Scarily enough, Gabriel probably has the safer floor but Mitchell is the play even though it is a deal with the devil to rely on usage from a Patriot who isn't Edelman or Blount.

Can you wait until the Julio Jones practice stories to decide?

Our waivers run tomorrow at 5:00 pm so I've got a little time. If no one puts a claim on either I have until kickoff on Thursday. If Julio's looking iffy, you think Gabriel's the way to go?

Mitchell

Mitchell

Brady will HAVE to spread it around over the next few weeks given the opponents. Sure, the two jimaveli mention will get theirs, but Mitchell will not be given as much attention as those two and he's already shown his ability with Brady recently.

With Atlanta fighting for a division/playoff spot, unless his toe keeps him from getting his shoe on, I can't see how Julio doesn't play and will get the most passes thrown his way. Gabriel is a high risk, high reward and I think Mitchell is low risk medium reward.

Plus, keep an eye on Williams. I would not be surprised to see SD bench him the rest of the year to prevent further injury. They are out of the playoff race and have no reason to gamble with his health.