Sign in to follow this  
Cloaca du jour

Trump.... Cancel that order

About what I expected. The guy does something right and :crickets:

If Obama helped design it I assume some of the price overrun was caused by a really nice exit in the a$$ end of the plane.

If only he had the power to actually cancel it, but he doesn't. More lack of understanding about how government works and the role of the executive.

• Like 1

No crickets in the article, they were blasting him for "attacking" Boeing.

FYI "attacking" is lib speak for stating a different viewpoint.

2.2 Billion for R&D?

Is it right? Sure...sounds good on the surface. The costs are high...I give him that.

Unclear whether he can even cancel such things...not really up to him...and what is the alternative going forward to replace what we have?

Its nice he wants to cut a high cost item...that part is great...but thinking beyond that is what needs to happen.

I think its funny how d-bags, who don't have a pot to piss in, are talking about "the right decision" with money. LOL!

What happens to those jobs?

Not so great for my state where they're made

Exactly. Further, I am sure the budget for that thing is done....the gov is not getting any money back, its a nice thought but ultimately silly. Have to look forward, whats done is done, and to undo many things is to invite lawsuits....

It's funny what can happen when there is a will. Once Trump realizes that he doesn't have to pay legal costs what do you think is going to happen with a guy who sued two people before breakfast everyday? He can't do anything is the funniest thing I have read in a while.

Boing only makes one plane? :rolleyes:

2.2 Billion for R&D?

So they're going to put some research into developing what would be the mobile command center for our military in the event of a major catastrophe? Yeah that's crazy.

Nothing. Trump has no authority to do anything about this.

Will his new secretary of defense have the authority? Hmmm...

Strike told me to reserve judgment until Trump takes office so that's what I'm going to do.

I dunno. What happened to all the jobs of the people that used to make horse carriages in the 1800's once cars came around?

I dunno. What happened to all the jobs of the people that used to make horse carriages in the 1800's once cars came around?

Were hired by the Drumpf family

They started pitching for the Cardinals.

Oh, so there is a newer technology that is replacing planes, OK, cool

Oh, so there is a newer technology that is replacing planes, OK, cool

No. The point is that whether jobs will be lost is not a good reason to waste 4 billion dollars. I'm sure Boeing will find another use for those people anyways. It's not some little mom and pop shop.

Boing only makes one plane? :rolleyes:

This

No. The point is that whether jobs will be lost is not a good reason to waste 4 billion dollars. I'm sure Boeing will find another use for those people anyways. It's not some little mom and pop shop.

No doubt. I would certainly rather the government NOT spend money it does not have to spend, and emphatically not simply hand it out without making people work for it too.....just pointing out the contradiction in Trump's approach.

No doubt. I would certainly rather the government NOT spend money it does not have to spend, and emphatically not simply hand it out without making people work for it too.....just pointing out the contradiction in Trump's approach.

I don't see the contradiction. No good business man wants to pay people for unnecessary or wasteful work. The key is to create jobs that are needed. And again, I suspect Boeing would have no problem finding other work for the affected employees so there isn't any evidence of job loss.

Tilt, Foam at the Mouth, Tilt, Wet the Bed! Priceless!

Hint: Bowing always comes in way over budget.

Are you 7 years old?

It's spelled Boeing, btw.

No good business man wants to pay people for unnecessary or wasteful work.

And do you think Trump has really done his due diligence to determine the necessity or wastefulness of this program before spouting off? Or is this just another typical, knee-jerk, twitter-gasm from him that sounds good as a soundbite? The fact that he has over-stated the cost by a quarter or so might give some indication. The current planes have been in service for over 25 years and the replacement isn't scheduled for another 8 years, so they will have been is service for roughly 35 years. When might it become "necessary" to replace them?

Are you 7 years old?

It's spelled Boeing, btw.

No, I really think he meant Bowing.

I heard the new one would have had digital presets, an auxiliary port for an mp3 player, and cupholders big enough for a Big Gulp. :o

If only he had the power to actually cancel it, but he doesn't. More lack of understanding about how government works and the role of the executive.

Is it right? Sure...sounds good on the surface. The costs are high...I give him that.

Unclear whether he can even cancel such things...not really up to him...and what is the alternative going forward to replace what we have?

Its nice he wants to cut a high cost item...that part is great...but thinking beyond that is what needs to happen.

Exactly. Further, I am sure the budget for that thing is done....the gov is not getting any money back, its a nice thought but ultimately silly. Have to look forward, whats done is done, and to undo many things is to invite lawsuits....

There is no "move." Trump has no authority to do anything about this.

Boeing has not yet been awarded the money to build the two proposed Air Force One replacements. It is currently working on engineering and designing the aircraft.

Tilt! Priceless!

And do you think Trump has really done his due diligence to determine the necessity or wastefulness of this program before spouting off? Or is this just another typical, knee-jerk, twitter-gasm from him that sounds good as a soundbite? The fact that he has over-stated the cost by a quarter or so might give some indication. The current planes have been in service for over 25 years and the replacement isn't scheduled for another 8 years, so they will have been is service for roughly 35 years. When might it become "necessary" to replace them?

But shouldn't we give Trump a little credit..at least he's telling Boeing he's not going to pay them...unlike the 1000's of people who he contracted then just didn't pay after they completed the work?

• Like 1

Whether he has the authority to actually cancel the order - I love the initiative. Good move.

I have no idea. I haven't researched this particular issue. But I don't think Trump has an issue with replacing the planes; I think he has an issue with the cost associated with the replacement. And I'm not defending him but I have no problem with him trying to trim waste. Given recent reports it's pretty obvious, as if anyone didn't already know it, that our government is ungodly wasteful. And is willing to sweep that fact under the rug if possible.

Due diligence? Maybe he just watched 60 minutes the numerous times they have done exposes on this issue? Typical lib. Have to form a committee to figure out what's obvious. Should only take about 5 years to figure it out that way. How about Boeing cuts the crap for once?

Due diligence? Maybe he just watched 60 minutes the numerous times they have done exposes on this issue? Typical lib. Have to form a committee to figure out what's obvious. Should only take about 5 years to figure it out that way. How about Boeing cuts the crap for once?

oh no, the life-long Democrap who jumped ship for a charlatan like Trump - who was a Democrat too until he realized how easy the other side could be conned - called me a "typical lib". You can't make this sh!t up.

I'm all for cost-cutting, but this is just another case where Trump just irresponsibly tweets things out because it sounds good and will most likely walk back from it in a few weeks when he's presented with actual facts of the matter. How are the plans for that wall coming along?

Not much from you about Mnuchin? I guess it's only bad when you give speeches to GS, not when you put them in charge of the economy. What a hypocrite. See I don't need to call you a 'typical anything", because you can be a dumbass all your own without being part of some group.

Not much from you about Mnuchin? I guess it's only bad when you give speeches to GS, not when you put them in charge of the economy.

He also went to Yale, which is definitely not a state university! :thumbsdown: