Sign in to follow this  
Cloaca du jour

Trump.... Cancel that order

oh no, the life-long Democrap who jumped ship for a charlatan like Trump - who was a Democrat too until he realized how easy the other side could be conned - called me a "typical lib". You can't make this sh!t up.

I'm all for cost-cutting, but this is just another case where Trump just irresponsibly tweets things out because it sounds good and will most likely walk back from it in a few weeks when he's presented with actual facts of the matter. How are the plans for that wall coming along?

Not much from you about Mnuchin? I guess it's only bad when you give speeches to GS, not when you put them in charge of the economy. What a hypocrite. See I don't need to call you a 'typical anything", because you can be a dumbass all your own without being part of some group.

I was never a liberal. HTH. Google labor democrats and get back to me. You fools still don't know how and why you lost. Sorry I didn't stick around for Hillary. Lol. And you're wrong about Mnuchin. I did make a comment, consistent with my other comments about the banks and Wall Street, especially Goldman Sachs. Nice try though.
  • Like 1

I was never a liberal. HTH. Google labor democrat and get back to me. You fools still don't know how and why you lost. Sorry I didn't stick around for Hillary. Lol. And you're wrong about Minchin. I did make a comment, consistent with my other comments about the banks and Wall Street, especially Goldman Sachs. Nice try though.

I saw one comment where you didn't even mention him by name. Clearly you're all worked up about it. DRAIN THE SWAMP! :first:

Whether he has the authority to actually cancel the order - I love the initiative. Good move.

They have canceled orders before. They did for presidential helicopters in 2009. Trump, like Obama, cannot do it directly, but they can sure order it to be done.

This particular order is for 2024 delivery and the planes will be 30+ years old.

I saw one comment where you didn't even mention him by name. Clearly you're all worked up about it. DRAIN THE SWAMP! :first:

Insaid Goldman Sachs. What's the difference who it is? They are all cut from the same cloth. And you take the good with the bad. That's the bad. Unlike typical starry eyed liberals like you, I don't hold these guys elect up as paragons of virtue and honesty. Sheeple like you still think Obama was different and kept his promises. Lol.

Insaid Goldman Sachs. What's the difference who it is? They are all cut from the same cloth. And you take the good with the bad. That's the bad. Unlike typical starry eyed liberals like you, I don't hold these guys elect up as paragons of virtue and honesty. Sheeple like you still think Obama was different and kept his promises. Lol.

Again, I'm not a liberal. That's you Mr. Lifelong Democrat! :lol:

For someone who doesn't "hold these guys elect up as paragons of virtue and honesty", you sure get triggered whenever someone criticizes Trump.

Btw, I never voted for Obama, did you?

I never voted for Obama, did you?

Yiu know, if you bothered to read, democrats voting for Trump wasn't all that unusual. It's how he won. But it was nice playing with you snowflake.

Suggesting Parrot is a liberal only hurts your credibility HT and wastes hamster cycles on the bored.

Yiu know, if you bothered to read, democrats voting for Trump wasn't all that unusual. It's how he won. But it was nice playing with you snowflake.

That hurts coming from a liberal. :(

I never voted for Obama, did you?

2x. Kerry before that. Who did you vote for? And can I get a the quote where I said I was alive long democrat? See, you people don't read all that hot. Being a registered Democrat in southern NY is what a lot of people are, even though they may not vote that way. Can you figure that out? I do remember voting for Bob Dole and many other republicans over the years in general elections.

Suggesting Parrot is a liberal only hurts your credibility HT and wastes hamster cycles on the bored.

Maybe not, but his hard on for me says different.

Maybe not, but his hard on for me says different.

Hard-on for you. You think so highly of yourself it's comical. :lol:

Review the thread. You jumped in my sh!t and started the name-calling, Einstein.

Review the thread. You jumped in my sh!t and started the name-calling, Einstein.

I called you a lib. I'm sorry.

Boeing has not yet been awarded the money to build the two proposed Air Force One replacements. It is currently working on engineering and designing the aircraft.

Tilt! Priceless!

Your continued rants are quite priceless.

Holy fock that is awesome he is claiming this.

Trump ..best POTUS elect ever :first:

It's certainly going to be a interesting next 4 years. The guy hasn't even taken office yet.

The straw man here is incredible trying to find any possible remaining way to criticize this guy.

I can't stand Trump, but fock I want him to be president for 8 years just so all these critics have to live in fear

• Like 1

I love how people are criticizing him for trying to stop wasteful spending the government and Obama have been doing. "He doesn't have the authority to do that! It's stupid! What about the jobs created to build that plane!" Like those people won't still have a job if they didn't build that plane. Idiots think the money spent o that plane goes directly to the people building. Typical idiots of the geek board

• Like 2

The straw man here is incredible trying to find any possible remaining way to criticize this guy.

I can't stand Trump, but fock I want him to be president for 8 years just so all these critics have to live in fear

What? You want him to possibly fock things up so people can keep criticize him saying stupid things?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/checkpoint/wp/2016/12/06/citing-cost-overruns-trump-says-boeings-contract-to-build-air-force-one-should-be-canceled/?hpid=hp_rhp-top-table-main_boeing-930a%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.47d986f9ba95

Some of his tweet shows he again lacks the understanding of issues and things he will face.

What? You want him to possibly fock things up so people can keep criticize him saying stupid things?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/checkpoint/wp/2016/12/06/citing-cost-overruns-trump-says-boeings-contract-to-build-air-force-one-should-be-canceled/?hpid=hp_rhp-top-table-main_boeing-930a%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.47d986f9ba95

Some of his tweet shows he again lacks the understanding of issues and things he will face.

I didn't realize Twitter superceded checks and balances.

His tweets create policy?

I don't give a damn what he tweets.

I want action.

Reducing the cost of $4 billion plane(s) is a good first step towards reducing unnecessary superfluous spending. There's simply no way to spin that.

The original contract was $25.8 million.

The Air Force originally earmarked under $2 billion for the construction of those planes.

Every damn thing about it went up exponentially in cost. No more

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-boeing-air-force-one-idUSKCN0V72P9

Unsurprisingly, apparently nobody knows WHERE the fock

Trump came up with the 4 Billion figure.

And, like the banksoft tweet, he's big on claims, short on details.

I didn't realize Twitter superceded checks and balances.

His tweets create policy?

I don't give a damn what he tweets.

I want action.

Reducing the cost of $4 billion plane(s) is a good first step towards reducing unnecessary superfluous spending. There's simply no way to spin that.

The original contract was $25.8 million.

The Air Force originally earmarked under $2 billion for the construction of those planes.

Every damn thing about it went up exponentially in cost. No more

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-boeing-air-force-one-idUSKCN0V72P9

The initial contract for reducing risk and lowering the cost was that...your own article said that the AF would modify the contract as they move into different phases.

Unsurprisingly, apparently nobody knows WHERE the fock

Trump came up with the 4 Billion figure.

And, like the banksoft tweet, he's big on claims, short on details.

Just saw that Trump over estimated by about 3.8 billion on the Boeing number. Coincendentally, that's about the same as he over estimates his wealth.

Just saw that Trump over estimated by about 3.8 billion on the Boeing number.

Where did you see that? Boeing is building AF1 for $200M?

BTW...his tweet...30 minutes or so after this article was posted.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/columnists/ct-boeing-china-trump-robert-reed-1206-biz-20161205-column.html

Thin skinny Donny strikes again.

Someone says something unflattering, he takes to social media for payback. These are the things that happen when you elect a 14 year old girl President I guess. :dunno:

Where did you see that? Boeing is building AF1 for $200M?

The same place you see everything that I ask you to link that you ignore.

Tilt, Foam at the Mouth, Tilt, Wet the Bed! Priceless!

I think you might be having an aneurysm. Might want to get that checked out. :thumbsup:

Just saw that Trump over estimated by about 3.8 billion on the Boeing number. Coincendentally, that's about the same as he over estimates his wealth.

Hmm. Those pesky "fact checkers" disagree he was that far off.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/dec/06/donald-trump/fact-checking-donald-trumps-tweet-air-force-one-bo/

Link to the Air Force budgetary document recently published: http://www.i2insights.com/library/defense_budget-documents/fy2017-defense_budget/3600F/3600F-0401319F-R.pdf

The Air Force has published a budgetary document that says research, development, testing and evaluation of the new Air Force Ones -- officially known as the Presidential Aircraft Recapitalization -- will cost $2.87 billion between fiscal years 2015 and 2021. However, the project is expected to extend beyond 2021, and experts told PolitiFact it would likely require another $1 billion in subsequent years to finish the job. The Teal Group has estimated that the project will require an additional $858 million between fiscal years 2022 and 2026.

That adds up to a grand total of $3.73 billion over 12 years. That’s not "more than $4 billion," as Trump said, but it’s reasonably close -- and it’s no secret that defense contracts have a history of escalating in cost over time. Already, in response to inquiries from the media after Trump’s tweet, an Air Force spokesman told reporters to expect the interim $2.7 billion figure "to change as the program matures."

Going by this, The Hill, in response to this statement from DT:

Boeing is building a brand new 747 Air Force One for future presidents, but costs are out of control, more than $4 billion. Cancel order!

Boeing on Tuesday responded to President-elect Donald Trump's criticism over the cost of a new Air Force One plane, saying the contract is actually for $170 million.

Trump earlier Tuesday tweeted that the deal was for "more than $4 billion" as he called for the order to be cancelled.

"We are currently under contract for $170 million to help determine the capabilities of these complex military aircraft that serves the unique requirements of the President of the United States," Boeing said in a statement.

"We look forward to working with the US Air Force on subsequent phases of the program to deliver the best planes for the President at the best value for the American taxpayer."

C'mon man, quit it with the fact checking...

Going by this, The Hill, in response to this statement from DT:

Boeing is building a brand new 747 Air Force One for future presidents, but costs are out of control, more than $4 billion. Cancel order!

You really don't see how those two statements/articles are consistent with each other, do you?

You really don't see how those two statements/articles are consistent with each other, do you?

Yeah, one is by Trump claiming that Boeing has a contract to build a plane for 4Bil, they DO NOT, the other is a study of the ESTIMATED costs. Boeing IS NOT BUILDING a plane yet, Strike, nor have they been paid $4B.

Yeah, one is by Trump claiming that Boeing has a contract to build a plane for 4Bil, they DO NOT, the other is a study of the ESTIMATED costs. Boeing IS NOT BUILDING a plane yet, Strike, nor have they been paid $4B.

Who said they were? Seems like you're reading stuff that isn't there.