Sign in to follow this  
Cloaca du jour

Trump.... Cancel that order

Yeah, one is by Trump claiming that Boeing has a contract to build a plane for 4Bil, they DO NOT, the other is a study of the ESTIMATED costs. Boeing IS NOT BUILDING a plane yet, Strike, nor have they been paid $4B.

And they would be building two.

$2Bil a piece for what will be in those planes with the shelf life they will have...not all that outrageous either.

No. You're being dumb. As the previous post showed this project is projected to cost close to 4 billion as Trump says. Just because we haven't handed over a check yet doesn't mean we aren't planning on proceeding with the project. Now you're just looking for things to bicker about, because you hate Trump. But Hitlery lost. Sorry. Deal with it.

Libtards defending defense contractors. Who's next? Big Oil?

• Like 1

Libtards defending defense contractors. Who's next? Big Oil?

Only if Trump is for it, then yes, they'll bath in capitalism.

No. You're being dumb. As the previous post showed this project is projected to cost close to 4 billion as Trump says. Just because we haven't handed over a check yet doesn't mean we aren't planning on proceeding with the project. Now you're just looking for things to bicker about, because you hate Trump. But Hitlery lost. Sorry. Deal with it.

So, excluding the fact that Trump said, ONE plane not the two will be produced, the fact that the project budget you are referring includes an extra billion future expenditures, that the plane currently isn't being built yet but only studied(so projections could vary) and costs are not "out of control"...Trump nailed it. Gotcha.

Why is anyone even pretending this is about the cost of the planes? If Boeing's CEO had thrown praise Trump's way in that article there would have never been a tweet, or if there had been it would have said what a tremendous, unbelievable company Boeing is. Trump was just butt hurt and lashing out because someone was mildly critical of him publicly. It's who he is. It's what he does. At least he's punching a little heavier weight than beauty contestants for a change. Good on ya Donnie. :thumbsup:

Why is anyone even pretending this is about the cost of the planes? If Boeing's CEO had thrown praise Trump's way in that article there would have never been a tweet, or if there had been it would have said what a tremendous, unbelievable company Boeing is. Trump was just butt hurt and lashing out because someone was mildly critical of him publicly. It's who he is. It's what he does. At least he's punching a little heavier weight than beauty contestants for a change. Good on ya Donnie. :thumbsup:

Sounds like Trump's tweet led to a fruitful discussion with Boeing's CEO. The timing of his tweet certainly is interesting but there's no proof the two are related.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/12/07/news/companies/trump-boeing-ceo-talk/

If only he had the power to actually cancel it, but he doesn't. More lack of understanding about how government works and the role of the executive.

Don't insult the fuhrer like that.

Sounds like Trump's tweet led to a fruitful discussion with Boeing's CEO. The timing of his tweet certainly is interesting but there's no proof the two are related.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/12/07/news/companies/trump-boeing-ceo-talk/

So all it took was a phone call where the CEO kissed the ring and things are better now. Shocking. It's almost like there absolutely was no need for an embarrassingly un-presidential tweet that negatively impacted the company's stock. Donnie should have just called him and told him his feelings were hurt. I'm pretty sure he would have taken the call. :dunno:

So all it took was a phone call where the CEO kissed the ring and things are better now. Shocking. It's almost like there absolutely was no need for an embarrassingly un-presidential tweet that negatively impacted the company's stock. Donnie should have just called him and told him his feelings were hurt. I'm pretty sure he would have taken the call. :dunno:

It's pretty obvious that it wouldn't matter how it was handled for some of you. The discussion has started, seems like a good thing to me.

I have no idea that things were ever "bad". Boeing never complained about his tweet. They tried to minimize it by pointing out the actual amount of money under contract right now. But I don't think anyone knows that the tweet was ever "bad". it's just the media that dissects everything that comes out of his mouth to try to parse it in to some blunder.

:dunno:

It's pretty obvious that it wouldn't matter how it was handled for some of you.

Sure it would. I think it would be better if the President dealt with things like defense contracts through more refined channels than twitter. HTH.

I have no idea that things were ever "bad". Boeing never complained about his tweet. They tried to minimize it by pointing out the actual amount of money under contract right now. But I don't think anyone knows that the tweet was ever "bad". it's just the media that dissects everything that comes out of his mouth to try to parse it in to some blunder.

So when he tweeted that he wanted to cancel their contract after they were mildly critical in the national press, which led to a dip in their stock-price, they didn't complain about the tweet? Again, shocking. It's almost like Boeing is run by rocket scientists or something.

Sure it would. I think it would be better if the President dealt with things like defense contracts through more refined channels than twitter. HTH.

Because it is wrong for the President Elect to speak directly to the American people. He must go through a third party who can then interrupt what he is saying so we can all understand.

Hearsay is a beautiful thing.

• Like 1

oh no, the life-long Democrap who jumped ship for a charlatan like Trump - who was a Democrat too until he realized how easy the other side could be conned - called me a "typical lib". You can't make this sh!t up.

I'm all for cost-cutting, but this is just another case where Trump just irresponsibly tweets things out because it sounds good and will most likely walk back from it in a few weeks when he's presented with actual facts of the matter. How are the plans for that wall coming along?

Not much from you about Mnuchin? I guess it's only bad when you give speeches to GS, not when you put them in charge of the economy. What a hypocrite. See I don't need to call you a 'typical anything", because you can be a dumbass all your own without being part of some group.

Mnuchin already wants to reverse one of the most rediculous thefts a government has ever orchestrated so he's okay in my book.

It's pretty obvious that it wouldn't matter how it was handled for some of you. The discussion has started, seems like a good thing to me.

Bullshit. Its pretty obvious that some of you don't give a that the President Elect is a lying sack of crap.

What do you think the discussion will be? Do you think AF One will not be built (given the two we have now are getting close to the end of their life cycle)?

Do you think they won't be insanely expensive to research and build? What is a reasonable number to you?

Because it is wrong for the President Elect to speak directly to the American people. He must go through a third party who can then interrupt what he is saying so we can all understand.

I think it would be great if he "spoke directly to the American people". Maybe even have a press conference or something where he might even be asked a question or two about the subject at hand. This would be way better than his twitter-tantrums.

They basically tweeted out that he was a liar...but yeah, thats not bad.

Ooof.

It is when its obvious he does not understand his job or the limitations of it.

So yes...it is wrong when he lies directly to the American People about topics he does not understand the details of.

Mnuchin already wants to reverse one of the most rediculous thefts a government has ever orchestrated so he's okay in my book.

Okay. Cool. But you weren't one of those people who was all spun up about Hillary's ties to Wall Street and Goldman Sachs specifically and thinking Donnie was going to drain the swamp of all this big bank influence only to have him appoint a Goldman Sachs partner who is the son of a Goldman Sachs partner to one of the most economically influential posts in our government were you?

I think it would be great if he "spoke directly to the American people". Maybe even have a press conference or something where he might even be asked a question or two about the subject at hand. This would be way better than his twitter-tantrums.

They only cared about that when Hillary wasn't holding press conferences. Notice they have been silent in the months that its been since Trump had one?

Bullshit. Its pretty obvious that some of you don't give a ###### that the President Elect is a lying sack of crap.

What do you think the discussion will be? Do you think AF One will not be built (given the two we have now are getting close to the end of their life cycle)?

Do you think they won't be insanely expensive to research and build? What is a reasonable number to you?

Funny, never heard you criticize the current actual President for being a lying sack of sh*t, or the person Trump ran against who would be President elect if she hadn't run such a focked up campaign. But they're Dems so I understand why.

Funny, never heard you criticize the current actual President for being a lying sack of sh*t, or the person Trump ran against who would be President elect if she hadn't run such a focked up campaign. But they're Dems so I understand why.

I have called Hillary a liar quite often. Trump continues to outdo her by a mile (and Obama...please, not even close to this level).

Yet...the right, like you, always whines about the lies of the dems...but continues to make excuses for Trump.

So, again, I ask, do you think this conversation will lead to AF One (2 of them...doubt Trump knew there were 2) being built? Do you think the cost will be significantly less than projected? Do you think $2 billion per plane is a terrible amount given what is in those planes and the length of time we are talking about in development and building and maintaining?

My guess is questions like that will continue to go ignored by you all looking for the next zinger.

Okay. Cool. But you weren't one of those people who was all spun up about Hillary's ties to Wall Street and Goldman Sachs specifically and thinking Donnie was going to drain the swamp of all this big bank influence only to have him appoint a Goldman Sachs partner who is the son of a Goldman Sachs partner to one of the most economically influential posts in our government were you?

She wouldn't say what she said to Wall Street, that was the problem.

All the Lefties who like paying $480 for a hammer hate this.

can you blame them ? The majority wouldn't have the firest clue what a hammer does or how to use it.

I think you might be having an aneurysm. Might want to get that checked out. :thumbsup:

Okay, Baker Boy does not bother me by posting like he does some people, but that was hilarious. :lol:

I understand these planes are expensive, but 4 billion is insane.

On a side note, the way he sends so many into a complete frenzy with every tweet, he should little trouble getting his message out whenever he so desires.

Libtards are down to quibbling about the amount Trump used to call out a company that has been gouging tax payers forever. How about a little big picture observation?

I have called Hillary a liar quite often. Trump continues to outdo her by a mile (and Obama...please, not even close to this level).

Yet...the right, like you, always whines about the lies of the dems...but continues to make excuses for Trump.

So, again, I ask, do you think this conversation will lead to AF One (2 of them...doubt Trump knew there were 2) being built? Do you think the cost will be significantly less than projected? Do you think $2 billion per plane is a terrible amount given what is in those planes and the length of time we are talking about in development and building and maintaining?

My guess is questions like that will continue to go ignored by you all looking for the next zinger.

This level? Do you think it is a bigger impact to people's lives that Trump made a flip comment about the cost of AF 1/2 or the fact that Obummer said people could keep their doctor's and health care plans after Obummercare was passed, which was a flat out lie. I would posit that that one lie from Obummer is more impactful than ALL of Trump's combined. So don't give me crap about Obummer not being at the same level of Trump OR Clinton.

Libtards are down to quibbling about the amount Trump used to call out a company that has been gouging tax payers forever. How about a little big picture observation?

They're still butthurt about the election and looking for any petty excuse to bash Trump.

They're still butthurt about the election and looking for any petty excuse to bash Trump.

ya think ? :lol: It was expected and is funny

This level? Do you think it is a bigger impact to people's lives that Trump made a flip comment about the cost of AF 1/2 or the fact that Obummer said people could keep their doctor's and health care plans after Obummercare was passed, which was a flat out lie. I would posit that that one lie from Obummer is more impactful than ALL of Trump's combined. So don't give me crap about Obummer not being at the same level of Trump OR Clinton.

You think that was Trumps first lie?

He has lied more than Hillary and Ibama combined and he isn't even in office yet.

How dare people call him out for lying.

You would think they could wear themselves out after a while. These losers do have stamina.

I don't think that was a lie. A lie is saying something you know to be untrue. Not saying something that you want/intend to be true, and then it turning out to be false after the fact.

Let's also remind all of you Trump knob slobberers, that he was the last or second to last choice for almost every single one of you. Quit acting like this is some great victory by some guy you all backed since day 1. Nobody is buying your false enthusiasm.