Sign in to follow this  
knight11e

LeVeon going to roll again?

What are people's thoughts on LeVeon this week? He already put a dagger in the heart of one of my playoff squads last week. Does anybody think maybe his 40+ touches will cause him to be a touch slower this week?

Somebody, anybody, reassure me that he's not going to murder my #1 seed squad.

He's going to have another outstanding game.

He's playing in Cincinnati this week and to just show what can happen, I'm pretty sure that his 2014 week 14 blowout game against the Bengals was also in CIN; and he had a rushing line that day of 26 carries for 185 yards and 2 TDs and a receiving line of 6 rec's for 50 yards and a TD.

As a Steelers fan, I hope they find a way to win without running him every play. We need him for the playoffs.

As a Steelers fan, I hope they find a way to win without running him every play. We need him for the playoffs.

Yup, I'd like to see Ben get back on track. I'm worried about this game. Afraid the Steelers are looking forward to Baltimore matchup. I'm hoping they are focused on the physicality of last years game. The Bengals are playing better football and may even get AJ Green back this week. Steelers need to run the table to ensure the playoff spot.

He's not going to go off for 47 again, but I think you should bank on 20 as very realistic.

Would you be content with your chances to win if he ONLY gets 20?

He's not going to go off for 47 again, but I think you should bank on 20 as very realistic.

I suppose. I've got the roulette wheels of Cooper and Baldwin at WR. If either one does well I have solid supporting pieces to put up some nice totals.

Here's hoping for an old school cincy-pitt defensive slug-fest

^This happens more times than not, and I always temper expectation between these two.

So often, it resembles a bare-knuckle brawl.

• Like 1

^This happens more times than not, and I always temper expectation between these two.

So often, it resembles a bare-knuckle brawl.

... or a rock fight.

I agree.

they can win games running him 40 times per game, but they will wear down their stud RB.

This is the kind of thing you can do once in a while, when it suits you, but you will rarely see that sort of work for a RB in a non playoff game.

In this case, Pittsburgh needed wins badly (they have now won 4 in a row) and decided to lean heavily on the run game for the last couple of games. it was looking like they would be unlikely to make the playoffs unless they win the division.

now that they are in the driver's seat for the division, they will spread the love around a lot more.

If the Steel are up by more than 10 points, they will alternate series for Bell and DeAngelo or they may run DeAngelo exclusively for the garbage time. I would be surprised if he (Bell)had another game of 40+ carries this year.

I agree.

they can win games running him 40 times per game, but they will wear down their stud RB.

This is the kind of thing you can do once in a while, when it suits you, but you will rarely see that sort of work for a RB in a non playoff game.

In this case, Pittsburgh needed wins badly (they have now won 4 in a row) and decided to lean heavily on the run game for the last couple of games. it was looking like they would be unlikely to make the playoffs unless they win the division.

now that they are in the driver's seat for the division, they will spread the love around a lot more.

If the Steel are up by more than 10 points, they will alternate series for Bell and DeAngelo or they may run DeAngelo exclusively for the garbage time. I would be surprised if he (Bell)had another game of 40+ carries this year.

Technically, they're still not quite in the drivers seat for the division. They control their own destiny so long as they keep winning, but they pretty much can't finish tied with Baltimore. If they lose to Baltimore, it's over, Ravens go because of a season sweep. If they lose to Cincy and beat Ravens, Ravens still go because of common opponents. The Ravens loss to NE changed the math to make it possible to beat Cincy and Baltimore and throw the game vs the Browns if they wanted to because they'd have a 2 game lead over the Ravens. But it's still keep winning or else essentially.

If he gets me half the points he got last week, I'll be happy.

I'd also like Ben to get back in form.

That's probably more important for my playoff chances.