Sign in to follow this  
Fearsome

Thank you Justin Tucker! For as little attention that is paid to kickers they are huge!

Most sites give a rank and maybe a projection but rarely any analysis. They're a last round draft and in 95% of leagues they're a streamed position. But Justin Tucker won me, any maybe many others, their playoff games last night. He, with 13 points, scored more points himself than my entire three man receiving corps (A Rob, Graham, Olsen with 12). I believe in a good, solid kicker to keep as long as you can. In fact, one year I drafted two kickers, one with a very early bye week. I have had too many games where I have won and lost a matchup when a kicker or a defense has a monster week.

I hate kickers being a part of fantasy. Complete crap shoot. Very little rhyme or reason as to who is going to put up points on a given week and they determine a lot of outcomes.

Most sites give a rank and maybe a projection but rarely any analysis. They're a last round draft and in 95% of leagues they're a streamed position. But Justin Tucker won me, any maybe many others, their playoff games last night. He, with 13 points, scored more points himself than my entire three man receiving corps (A Rob, Graham, Olsen with 12). I believe in a good, solid kicker to keep as long as you can. In fact, one year I drafted two kickers, one with a very early bye week. I have had too many games where I have won and lost a matchup when a kicker or a defense has a monster week.

Hear, hear!

Leagues I'm in we only count fg as points for kickers.

Honestly, I have no problem drafting Tucker next year around 8th round, if he last that long. He will give you solid 10 points plus every week, save you tons of headache.

Love kickers being part of fantasy.

As I consistently draft better kickers than those who complain that it's a total crap shoot, I will take that additional advantage every time.

Love kickers being part of fantasy.

As I consistently draft better kickers than those who complain that it's a total crap shoot, I will take that additional advantage every time.

Sure you do. We can always count on you making a comment claiming how awesome you are...

Concur.

Honestly, I have no problem drafting Tucker next year around 8th round, if he last that long. He will give you solid 10 points plus every week, save you tons of headache.

That's cool. I'll gladly take Spencer Ware in the 8th like I did this year, and still get Vinatieri later in the draft.

To each his own.

The top 5 kickers from last year one is in the top 10 this year and he's at 10. The top 3 this year, the ones that points wise give you a clear advantage thus far, Tucker is the only one that was top 15 last year, he was 8.

I drafted Tucker in both my leagues. Have Matt Bryant, and Tucker now, after bye weeks and all. Dude has been money this year. My leagues do points bonus for yardage increments making the position relevant.

I drafted Tucker in both my leagues. Have Matt Bryant, and Tucker now, after bye weeks and all. Dude has been money this year. My leagues do points bonus for yardage increments making the position relevant.

you mean 4 points for FGs 40 yards, and 5 points for 50 yards? If so, most leagues do that, so we're already taking that into account with our comments.

and it's not about whether he's been money or not; it's about the cost of the player you sacrifice by taking him early. Now I wouldn't object to potentially taking him in the 3rd to last round to ensure you got him, but the one dude above was bringing up 8th rd, and that's when you start losing people.

I hate Tucker he just knocked one of my teams out of the playoffs :mad:

Sure you do. We can always count on you making a comment claiming how awesome you are...

You can improve your team by trying to be awesome too (although awesome is a reach for just doing the obvious thing and taking the best kickers ahead of the ordinary ones), or focus your attention on me, which is flattering. But the latter will get your wife wondering if she married a bi-curious submissive.

If you're ready to come out, it may be the time to have that discussion with her.

Your choice.

You can improve your team by trying to be awesome too (although awesome is a reach for just doing the obvious thing and taking the best kickers ahead of the ordinary ones), or focus your attention on me, which is flattering. But the latter will get your wife wondering if she married a bi-curious submissive.

If you're ready to come out, it may be the time to have that discussion with her.

Your choice.

Weird response Gorn. Sounds like you're confusing your fantasy football website, with your other type of fantasy website.
  • Like 1

Someone dropped Tucker for a bye earlier in the year and I didn't jump on it because I had Vinatieri (who was tearing s**t up). That miss is costing me points now.

I sort of find it hilarious that the FF Today Projections week in and week out have Tucker down for 1 FG and 3 XPs, and the guy kicks 3 or 4 FGs every week.

I have had discussions over kickers throughout the years, and I've always said the same thing: "Kickers are like toilet paper. You wipe your ass with them and move on." That was until this year. I ended up plucking Matt Bryant off waivers in Week 6 after getting less than double digit points each week out of Boswell to start the season. Bryant got 6 that week, then went on a tear. When his bye week came, for the first time ever I hesitated to drop him. But my backups were good enough to all hold onto and I jettisoned Bryant in week 11. Then was able to score him right back as a FA after the bye. Having the #1 kicker, who plays half his games in a dome and nearly the entire other half in warm weather climate has been pretty easy. Tucker has been even more golden, so I hear ya...

tucker has been solid this season. even though he's been great, this past week he outscored my receivers, te, and 2 rbs combined! awful week.