Sign in to follow this  
Bobbyn2022

Feeling like I lost before the games been played

Any of you guys ever feel like that? So far I've had Rawls play and Julio is out, Gordon out. Do you guys ever chalk it up as a loss before the games have been played.

I pretty much do. All of my guys are either injured (Reed, Moncrief, Watkins, Miller), or have awful matchups/weather (Luck, Edelman, Jordy). Granted, most people are in the same situation, but naturally my opponent is sitting pretty with matchups.

I am right there with you in a 14-team league. Luckily I won the regular season so I get half of the pot, but I can honestly say I have little to no chance of winning this week's playoff matchup after my bye week last week.

Started Rawls in 2 playoff games. :thumbsdown:

Had Seattle D going also in one :thumbsup:

Played against Seattle D in the other :shocking:

In that situation I like to mentally accept the loss. Of course I'd prepare as best possible to win but sometimes you're just way overmatched on paper due to injuries and whatnot. If you accept the loss mentally beforehand, you will be that much more happy if things go your way on game day(s).

Yeah, I know the feeling, get it constantly, just don't let it cloud your better judgement

Any of you guys ever feel like that? So far I've had Rawls play and Julio is out, Gordon out. Do you guys ever chalk it up as a loss before the games have been played.

No, I never chalk it up as a loss before the games have been played...but I have been known to spend the days until it's over being a miserable, moody mess. I freaking haaaaate that hanging on tenterhooks feeling.

No, I never chalk it up as a loss before the games have been played...but I have been known to spend the days until it's over being a miserable, moody mess. I freaking haaaaate that hanging on tenterhooks feeling.

I don't get this, man. So if your team is like half flyers right now because you got killed by injuries this year and you're projected to lose by like over 30 points, you're still a miserable, moody mess for days?

That's messed up, dude. It's one thing to not like losing, but what you're talking about just isn't healthy.

Yes, in Week 10 when Dallas played Pittsburgh my team in 1st place was matched up against the 2nd place team who was fortunate enough to have E. Elliott, L Bell and D Murray on his team. I beat him in Week 1 when Elliott had not found himself yet and Bell was suspended. I knew I had practically no chance to beat him again given the matchups but hoped to be competitive at least through the early games into the late games. What happened on Murray's first carry against the Packers? 75yd TD I laughed and at least wasn't surprised when he scored the most points so far in our league.

I don't get this, man. So if your team is like half flyers right now because you got killed by injuries this year and you're projected to lose by like over 30 points, you're still a miserable, moody mess for days?

That's messed up, dude. It's one thing to not like losing, but what you're talking about just isn't healthy.

Meh. I may have overstated the twitchy part, when what I was trying to convey was the never-say-die attitude. I always have the feeling that I can somehow fix things if I keep working on them when they aren't going right - which is a good trait to have in real life, but sometimes not so great in fantasy football, when it can just drive you nuts.

I can assure you that I am ulcer-free and entirely healthy. :)

• Like 1

Meh. I may have overstated the twitchy part, when what I was trying to convey was the never-say-die attitude. I always have the feeling that I can somehow fix things if I keep working on them when they aren't going right - which is a good trait to have in real life, but sometimes not so great in fantasy football, when it can just drive you nuts.

gotcha; understand now.

You could be right, but some of us really get off on the thrill of competition and even though we have bad luck with injuries, weather, match ups, we still think ifmthere is a will, there is a way.

I usually only kick the cat (not literally) when I play the wrong guy, which has been happening a lot lately.

• Like 1

I understand what you are saying 100% because I think as you do.

You could be right, but some of us really get off on the thrill of competition and even though we have bad luck with injuries, weather, match ups, we still think ifmthere is a will, there is a way.

I usually only kick the cat (not literally) when I play the wrong guy, which has been happening a lot lately.

that's totally fine and I'm all for that (as I'm sure we all are considering the amount of time we spend on here), but his original statement about getting worked up for days at a time I felt was a bit much. Glad to hear it was embellished.

just sounds like a miscommunication amongst brothers here.

In 2014 week 4, the Thursday night game pitted the Giants against the Redskins. I had grabbed Eli off the Tuesday night wire to replace a slumping Stafford and the steady pace of targets heading Larry Donnell's way so struck me that I plug-&-played him two hours before kickoff. Eli exploded for 5 TDs and 42 fantasy points and 3 of those TDs were thrown Donnell's way, who rang the register for 30 points. I was so pumped that night that I might even have shaken my moneymaker a few times as I walked down the hall.

I did not win that week. :shocking:

And ever since that reversal, I've never put too much stock into a Thursday night result ...either good or bad.

In 2014 week 4, the Thursday night game pitted the Giants against the Redskins. I had grabbed Eli off the Tuesday night wire to replace a slumping Stafford and the steady pace of targets heading Larry Donnell's way so struck me that I plug-&-played him two hours before kickoff. Eli exploded for 5 TDs and 42 fantasy points and 3 of those TDs were thrown Donnell's way, who rang the register for 30 points. I was so pumped that night that I might even have shaken my moneymaker a few times as I walked down the hall.

I did not win that week. :shocking:

And ever since that reversal, I've never put too much stock into a Thursday night result ...either good or bad.

I'd love to have James Earl Jones or Morgan Freeman read that monologue; so profound.

Last year in the playoffs I was projected 20+ pts against my opponent. 3 of my players get injured in game and I lost by 10. Anything can happen.

Can't worry about something I have no control over.

I'm winning in one and down 21 in the other.

Monday morning I will find out what happen.

It's all good.

I hate that feeling too, I have purposely not played guys on MNF at times because I can't handle that feeling....and TNF-and London games, are simply disasters for fantasy.

I was last one to get in playoffs, won last week because of big ben (HAHAHAHA-don't like that guy) playing bad, but am in trouble this week playing high scorer for the season and I have D Thomas going against 'we will shut him down' Bill Belicek and NE...........pressure on me deciding DT or T Hill. HATE this! But love it too! Good luck guys.

• Like 1

Personal rant if you are interested:

I barely limped into the playoffs this year coming in fourth. I had to win my last game by one point and it was ugly: 55-54.

If you look at my signature you can see my players are up and down players. I'm having to make moves all the time because in my opinion, I have no studs, or my studs are hurt. So, I do feel like I'm scrambling, but you know, football in December can often level the playing field. You just never know.

This week for example: I may have to play LGreen instead of My stud, Reed; Robby Anderson instead of my supposed stud, Cooper; Ty MONTGOMERY instead of Baldwin; maybe even Inman over SAMMY Watkins. That my friend is a lot of scrambling. But, hey, it could all come together.

Bottom line: I never feel like I have no chance. I feel my resourcefulness and perseverance are my advantages that can keep me alive.

Yea, I am way overmatched on paper in fact the two teams that had a byes are on six game winning streaks. I limped into the playoffs due to injuries and players starting to hit walls. I barley got through round one (his team got 0 from Moncrief and a couple of points from Reed) and yes my one player Thursday night got me 4 points. The only thing I got is he doesn't have his number one pick Julio going against the 49ers. However, I don't have my number one pick AJ Green either.😫 I think I need another miracle🙏🏻 but as I sit here in the dark at 5:00AM I am not confident in one.

Get a wahburger and some French cries. Do what you're suppose to do and get drunk and talk trash until you are completely out of winning the matchup. That's how you win at life

Personal rant if you are interested:

I barely limped into the playoffs this year coming in fourth. I had to win my last game by one point and it was ugly: 55-54.

If you look at my signature you can see my players are up and down players. I'm having to make moves all the time because in my opinion, I have no studs, or my studs are hurt. So, I do feel like I'm scrambling, but you know, football in December can often level the playing field. You just never know.

This week for example: I may have to play LGreen instead of My stud, Reed; Robby Anderson instead of my supposed stud, Cooper; Ty MONTGOMERY instead of Baldwin; maybe even Inman over SAMMY Watkins. That my friend is a lot of scrambling. But, hey, it could all come together.

Bottom line: I never feel like I have no chance. I feel my resourcefulness and perseverance are my advantages that can keep me alive.

I would look at this as a "rave" instead of a rant in that this endeavor we call FF allows one the opportunity to keep pulling rabbits out of hats and makes victory all the sweeter. Last year I encountered roadblocks such as the Rawls injury and the Odell Beckham suspension but found ways to manage.

• Like 1

dude, never give up.

one year we did a calculation for an 'All waiver wire' Team.

and believe it or not, almost every week there is a combination of waiver wire players out there that can get you a win 50% of the time.

of course the trick is to figure out which of those players you need to pick up.

This time of year, you want to focus on player, matchup, and weather.

QB and WR perform better in warm weather or domes. Unless your QB is Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady or Ben Rothlisberger, all QB and WR will perform at a lower level playing outdoors in the cold, rain & snow.

on the other hand, RB's tend to perform better. Especially the power runners. when it's cold its harder to 'Wrap' someone up when you tackle them. So those RB's who break tackles become a real asset this time of year (case in point: Bell the last couple of games)

With waiver wire TE's I have found that matchup seems to be a better indicator. There are teams out there that all TE's do well againt. Even TE's you never heard of.

and some of those Teams are playing against TE's that are on your waiver wire.

Trust me when I say, there are options out there.

The thing that makes it tough is that people dont wanna drop their players that have been on their team all year. and I get that, but you are one game from a championship matchup.

I'd make the play to give your team the best chance to win.

unless you are in a dynasty league there is no benefit to hanging onto someone you wont start this week unless they have a super sweet matchup next week.

• Like 2

With my opponent rolling with Johnson v NO and McCoy v Cleveland yea I feel your pain. My RB matchups are not so good

Case in point that you never know, and it is never over u til the fat lady sings:

My opponent this week is 12-2, with Zeke, McCoy, Demarco Murray, Evans, Rodgers, Fitz, Olsen, Crabs, Minny D, Hausheka. Can you see why he is 12-2.? What a lineup.

Here is the lineup I threw out: Wilson, Ajayi, Coleman, JJ Nelson, Sammy, Ty, Reed, Patriots D, Bryant

Going into tonight's game, we each have our TE left but I am up 10. Now I may still lose, but just look at my names? I made one huge error that could hurt me. I picked up Robby Anderson to play for SAMMY Watkins. I don't trust that China doll bum and I already replaced Cooper and Baldwin so why not replace all 3? But, I kind of forgot it was a Saturday game and when I reminded myself to go and make the change, it was too late.

So you see, you never know. Match ups, weather, injuries, December can level off the playing field.