Sign in to follow this  
Gratefulegg1973

FU Thread. Championship Edition

The Rivers name leads to expectation problems. We tend to want top 5 games from him in logical/'matchup' spots. But that's not how Rivers lives!

He tends to get his best games in catch-up mode when he's not throwing picks/self-destructing and killing his and his teammate upsides in the process of pressing to catch-up.

My plan was to start him for a month and then confidently roll with Luck or Crab Legs. Then oops to all of that! Luck got concussed then played badly in his 'matchups' and made me scurred. Then he exposed that the Jets were packed in on that Monday night. Weird season. Ie: Robbie Anderson was scoring neck and neck with Antonio Brown over the last month before yesterday.

Mariota and Brate for being knocked out of the game

Farrow and Montgomery for sucking

Tyrod and Watkins for blowing up on my bench

But I still have a chance I need Le'Veon Bell to suffer a concussion or somehow get under 7 points

Lol, some of you are such fkn morons. Rivers was QB #8 today. Outscored Brees, Brady, Ryan, Palmer, Newton. And certainly scored more than someone called Tom Savage.

Check the mirror for why you keep losing.

Merry Christmas Gorn Fishin.

FU Justin Tucker. I seemingly play against you every week, and you kick at least 4 FGs against me every week. Please keep it up next year, cause I will be drafting you in the first round.

I need Hill and Kelce to have a bad game and they have a combined 20 PPR in the 1st quarter against the vaunted Denver defense in a mudder. :wall:

I need Hill and Kelce to have a bad game and they have a combined 20 PPR in the 1st quarter against the vaunted Denver defense in a mudder. :wall:

Wow, you can't make this up. Top points by far and I'm going to lose to the Chiefs offense. :mellow:

Andy and Alex hate us. With a passion. They refuse to use weapons in any kind of reliable fashion week to week.

FU Justin Tucker. I seemingly play against you every week, and you kick at least 4 FGs against me every week. Please keep it up next year, cause I will be drafting you in the first round.

I'm forreal drafting him as soon as I get through with passion project selections. Hell...that might not be early enough! Crap.

FU Charcandrick. You are half the rb ware is. Yet Reid makes sure you feel included

ware has a rib injury

A colossal all time FOCK YOU to Sphincter Ware and Fat Ass Andy Reid. To latter, thanks for racking up 700 rushing yards worth everyone but your "featured back" and to the former for taking himself out worth 11minutesnwhen all I needed was 1.15. Focking pints!!! PPR 1.15 points!! 1.15 points!!!

25 years of this madness I call a "hobby" it's my worst bad beat ever...

It's a story at least...

A colossal all time FOCK YOU to Sphincter Ware and Fat Ass Andy Reid. To latter, thanks for racking up 700 rushing yards worth everyone but your "featured back" and to the former for taking himself out worth 11minutesnwhen all I needed was 1.15. Focking pints!!! PPR 1.15 points!! 1.15 points!!!

It's a story at least...

Ware had about the same type of game he's had for most of the last 7 weeks.

Ware had about the same type of game he's had for most of the last 7 weeks.

Correct, the thing that annoys me is Ware never seems to get two carries in a row (even after a decent run) so little chance getting into rhythm. They insist on rotating in West, who rarely does anything, even after several plays where Ware was not even involved. Reid's reputation for featuring the running back is as grossly inflated as his waistline.

Correct, the thing that annoys me is Ware never seems to get two carries in a row (even after a decent run) so little chance getting into rhythm. They insist on rotating in West, who rarely does anything, even after several plays where Ware was not even involved. Reid's reputation for featuring the running back is as grossly inflated as his waistline.

It's just messed up. West just sucks. He isn't even better at pass catching, yet Reid pretends he is better for 3rd downs. I have seen too many passes clank off his hands. I may still win, but Ware just added fuel to every horrible decision I made.

A. Gates needed two TDs going into Week 16, to tie Gonzo. *I* sat H. Henry when I read that, and went with Witten. :bench:

Were others aware of the situation??? :doh:

True that.

Emanuel Sanders.

Coach Koetter for a healthy scatch of Doug Martin!!!! What in the world were you thinking?????? I"m glad you lost the game!!!!!

Ahem, DB Tony Jefferson????? What happened?

Emanuel Sanders.

Coach Koetter for a healthy scatch of Doug Martin!!!! What in the world were you thinking?????? I"m glad you lost the game!!!!!

Ahem, DB Tony Jefferson????? What happened?

Jacquizz Rodgers played better than Martin has been playing. What are you talking about?

Jacquizz Rodgers played better than Martin has been playing. What are you talking about?

Yeah, review week 14 and 16 for the Bucs and tell me how Rodgers has been playing so much better. It's pure personal bs!!!

Yeah, review week 14 and 16 for the Bucs and tell me how Rodgers has been playing so much better. It's pure personal bs!!!

in real football terms yes, Rodgers was better. And that's the only thing that Dirk cares about.

In that week 14 game Martin had 23 rushes for 66 yards against NO.

In Week 16, Rodgers had 19 rushes for 69 yards against that same NO defense.

Take your fantasy goggles off bud.

• Like 1

A. Gates needed two TDs going into Week 16, to tie Gonzo. *I* sat H. Henry when I read that, and went with Witten. :bench:

Were others aware of the situation??? :doh:

Yep. I played Clay for that reason.

It's a story at least...

Wow, I know this one had to hurt, bro. I'd be pretty numb too. Sorry you had to experience this heartache. Unfortunately for you, there is someone on the other side of this coin who is totally ecstatic and in shock that he won like this!

The Rivers name leads to expectation problems. We tend to want top 5 games from him in logical/'matchup' spots. But that's not how Rivers lives!

He tends to get his best games in catch-up mode when he's not throwing picks/self-destructing and killing his and his teammate upsides in the process of pressing to catch-up.

My plan was to start him for a month and then confidently roll with Luck or Crab Legs. Then oops to all of that! Luck got concussed then played badly in his 'matchups' and made me scurred. Then he exposed that the Jets were packed in on that Monday night. Weird season. Ie: Robbie Anderson was scoring neck and neck with Antonio Brown over the last month before yesterday.

Rivers generally tanks in December.

in real football terms yes, Rodgers was better. And that's the only thing that Dirk cares about.

In that week 14 game Martin had 23 rushes for 66 yards against NO.

In Week 16, Rodgers had 19 rushes for 69 yards against that same NO defense.

Take your fantasy goggles off bud.

No, Rodgers had 63. Whatever! Even if your incorrect numbers were true it still isn't truly "better". lol That's absurd!!

No, Rodgers had 63. Whatever! Even if your incorrect numbers were true it still isn't truly "better". lol That's absurd!!

That proves my point even more. You're right that it was 63 yards but after I reviewed the numbers again (I must have initially misread some other stat line) that 63 yards was only on 15 carries. That's 4.2 yards per carry, which is better than the 3.63 ypc I improperly quoted before (19 for 69), which is higher than the 2.86 ypc that Martin averaged in Week 14 that you still claim was better.

And that low yards per carry for Martin is no fluke, it's been down the entire time he's been back. Look at these lines...

16 rushes for 33 yards

24 for 63 yards

23 for 87 yards

17 for 45 yards

23 for 66 yards

16 for 42 yards

That's not good football, even if he may technically be fantasy relevant because he got so many touches. Dirk is only concerned with players that provide good "real" football results, and it's hard to denigrate that decision to bench Martin for Rodgers when Rodgers comes in and behind the same o-line, and against the same defense they played 2 weeks ago, goes off for a yards per carry clip of 4.2.

So just because Rodgers ran for 63 yards this game and Martin ran for 66 in Week 14, don't confuse their performances as being comparable. But you'd have to look past just the fantasy line to see that.

For being out scored my the other ff owner.

One more weekend to go.

Happy New Year.

That proves my point even more. You're right that it was 63 yards but after I reviewed the numbers again (I must have initially misread some other stat line) that 63 yards was only on 15 carries. That's 4.2 yards per carry, which is better than the 3.63 ypc I improperly quoted before (19 for 69), which is higher than the 2.86 ypc that Martin averaged in Week 14 that you still claim was better.

And that low yards per carry for Martin is no fluke, it's been down the entire time he's been back. Look at these lines...

16 rushes for 33 yards

24 for 63 yards

23 for 87 yards

17 for 45 yards

23 for 66 yards

16 for 42 yards

That's not good football, even if he may technically be fantasy relevant because he got so many touches. Dirk is only concerned with players that provide good "real" football results, and it's hard to denigrate that decision to bench Martin for Rodgers when Rodgers comes in and behind the same o-line, and against the same defense they played 2 weeks ago, goes off for a yards per carry clip of 4.2.

So just because Rodgers ran for 63 yards this game and Martin ran for 66 in Week 14, don't confuse their performances as being comparable. But you'd have to look past just the fantasy line to see that.

Which game did they win? Hmmmmm.

Also, 87 yards against the Seahawks defense aint bad. I suppose that was just a lucky game.

So, are they going to cut him? Where do they go from here? I bet they cut him. That would be definitive that this was personal.

I don't think it's a matter of whether he was better than Rodgers or not. He wasn't even active, so that should technically mean they think Peyton Barber or whoever was better too, which I doubt. Definitely something else going on there IMO.

Which game did they win? Hmmmmm.

Also, 87 yards against the Seahawks defense aint bad. I suppose that was just a lucky game.

So, are they going to cut him? Where do they go from here? I bet they cut him. That would be definitive that this was personal.

First, Tampa is not a good enough team yet to use winning as the ultimate barometer of success in an individual player comparison, so the fact that Tampa won that game shouldn't mean anything.

NO and Brees though have a reputation for playing worse on the road though than at home. In Week 14 in Tampa, Brees had 257 yards, 0 TDs, 3 INTs, and a passer rating of 48.5. In Week 16 at NO, Brees had 299 yards, 1 TD, 0 INTs, and a passer rating of 104.9. I'm sure that had more to do with the result than Martin's sub 3.0 yards per carry Week 14.

And I'm not saying they're going to do anything. First off, he's guaranteed $7 million next year, so they can't afford to release him outright. But he was in a slump, and that's evident. Just by bringing up his 87 yards against Sea doesn't offset the other 5 games I listed, who by the way had a couple of bad defenses sprinkled in. I don't get why you're so offended that Dirk could think that Martin was in a slump, and he wanted to try something else.

I don't think it's a matter of whether he was better than Rodgers or not. He wasn't even active, so that should technically mean they think Peyton Barber or whoever was better too, which I doubt. Definitely something else going on there IMO.

does Barber play special teams? As I'm assuming Martin doesn't, that could be a reason to keep Barber active while deactivating Martin instead.

Like what happened to Matt Jones in Washington when Kelley took his job. They already had Chris Thompson active as the pass catching back, so they only had 1 spot left for RBs. Jones may be a better player than Mack Brown, but Brown played special teams so it made more sense to keep Brown active instead of Jones.

Plus Sims to IR.

Rodgers is a good pick up and play this weekend.

I see the PED thing came out. I get it.

It would make sense if he was benched, but active or reduced to 2nd string back and going with the hot hand Rodgers. Yet, to say, "You're staying home" to your bell cow back that you invested heavily in didn't make sense at all.