Sign in to follow this  
shotsup

I hate Alexa

Kid got Amazon Dot thingy and all I hear is Hey Alexa this , hey Alexa that.

I hate Alexa

Good. After you sh*t on my Alexa video thread you deserve it. I hope it drives you crazy!!!

I ordered an Echo Dot last week :ninja:

Good. After you sh*t on my Alexa video thread you deserve it.

Did I ?

I have two, the novelty will wear off.

I have two, the novelty will wear off.

Seems like it would. Not something I would use that often

Alexa is cool if you get wifi lights and thermostat and some other features, the novelty will wear off

If you have a blue tooth speaker lying around or a stereo receiver to connect it to, for 40 bucks on sale it's not a bad deal. I think it's convenient. I use it all the time for a timer or an alarm clock or to ask the weather for tomorrow. I don't see it as a novelty.

If you have a blue tooth speaker lying around or a stereo receiver to connect it to, for 40 bucks on sale it's not a bad deal. I think it's convenient. I use it all the time for a timer or an alarm clock or to ask the weather for tomorrow. I don't see it as a novelty.

When I say novelty I mean for the children. I use it for all the same and music too.

My iPhone has been doing this since 2013.

You can do some pretty cool stuff with it if you want to automate your home, but it's spendy.

I have an echo and an echo dot. One's at my desk at work, the other is at home with a Harmon Kardon BT speaker connected.

I have an echo dot. I use it for alarms, weather, playing Pandora, and a few other things. It's pretty handy for $40.

You can do some pretty cool stuff with it if you want to automate your home, but it's spendy.

I have an echo and an echo dot. One's at my desk at work, the other is at home with a Harmon Kardon BT speaker connected.

I have an echo dot on order along with a couple of compatible AC outlet on/off switches for lights. Gonna see how it works for that and then maybe move on to more home automation. Guy at work has started down that road and says it's very convenient.