Sign in to follow this  
Cruzer

Divisional Playoff: Green Bay v. Dallas

As an outside observer - I don't put this on coaches or refs.

This was pro players doing incredible things right to the buzzer... how many last min. Game winning FGs do you need to simply tip your cap to the no quit play and amazing pressure kicks?

As an outside observer - I don't put this on coaches or refs.

This was pro players doing incredible things right to the buzzer... how many last min. Game winning FGs do you need to simply tip your cap to the no quit play and amazing pressure kicks?

Agreed..refs missed stuff both ways. Both coaches made good and bad adjustments. Each QB made a mistake...and each put their team in great position. Rodgers just got the ball last.

Jason Garrett is one dumb fock.

You don't give downs away with three timeouts left, and the ball at the 40 on 1st and 10, why in the hell did he have Dak spike it on that play with 45 seconds left? What a stupid ass job of managing the clock by him! Rodgers getting the ball back with 35 seconds left, and at least two timeouts in his pocket, and a kicker who just hit from 56 yards? Jason Garrett cost Dallas a chance to win it in OT.

Hindsight is 20/20, I thought it was the right call at the time. I liked the thought of the TD to win it.

Packers hold all the time. This is known.

HAHAHAHAHA.... There's literally 40 stillshots of Cowboy holds that weren't called on Skip Bayless's Twitter page... A couple where the Dallas player is literally undressing the Packer player.... :lol:

Glad to see you are still :cry: :cry: :cry: uncontrollably and enjoying your 90s music from the last time the Cowboys were relevant

Enjoy watching figure skating next week :pointstosky:

HAHAHAHAHA.... There's literally 40 stillshots of Cowboy holds that weren't called on Skip Bayless's Twitter page... A couple where the Dallas player is literally undressing the Packer player.... :lol:

Glad to see you are still :cry: :cry: :cry: uncontrollably and enjoying your 90s music from the last time the Cowboys were relevant

This dupsh!t makes an appearance, climb back in your hole guy.

This dupsh!t makes an appearance, climb back in your hole guy.

I've missed so much 49er shitt!ness, too! :doublethumbsup: hahahaha

I never thought I'd say that the GB vs Atlanta NFC championship is going to be great.

This should be a fantastic game. If possible hopefully even better then today's Pack/Boys !!

Oh, the Cowboys hold too. Doug Free does every play. Just not as much as the packers.

Holy donhaas!!!

• Like 1

Hindsight is 20/20, I thought it was the right call at the time. I liked the thought of the TD to win it.

I was pretty mad when MM lined up in basically a GL formation ran it for -5 on second and we had to kick a 56.

Enjoy watching figure skating next week

Glory Days :music_guitarred:

• Like 2

Good to see u donnie.

F Desmond Howard though - that guy still suxor.

And HT is a New Jersey Giants fan - he's been watching figure skating since 2011.

• Like 1

Good to see u donnie.

And HT is a New Jersey Giants fan - he's been watching figure skating since 2011.

Sometimes I watch 18-1. And by that logic, what have the packers been doing since 2010?

Good to see u donnie.

My bad, Hardcore Troubador.... Who's Recliner Pilot now then?? :doublethumbsup: :doublethumbsup: :doublethumbsup: :doublethumbsup:

• Like 1

That code for band-aid? Every time I cut you you run for it.

How is it that you cut me? My team owns your team.

How is it that you cut me? My team owns your team.

:first:

i had tickets to the Nets game so didn't get to watch this classic at all. sad considering lin and lopez both sat (lin injury has cost us a better record than the 76ers thus far) but it was a great atmosphere for Lin bobblehead night and I had the tickets for a while. went with my bro.

if the cowboys really spiked the ball 1st and 10 on the 40 with that might time left, that is insane. you want to leave as little time on the clock as possible and play for overtime and definitely not give a down away when you have all your timeouts and could theoretically still in it in regulation with a TD.... :doh:

i had the over, so thats cool but i also did have Dallas in a pool from before the playoffs started.

i had tickets to the Nets game so didn't get to watch this classic at all. sad considering lin and lopez both sat (lin injury has cost us a better record than the 76ers thus far)

If Ben Simmons were healthy the 76ers would probably have 5-6 more wins than Brooklyn.

Also did I mention Fock the Cowboys? :overhead:

If Ben Simmons were healthy the 76ers would probably have 5-6 more wins than Brooklyn.

Also did I mention Fock the Cowboys? :overhead:

after i mentioned the nets i put a stop watch on for how long it would take you to quote it :lol:

admit it. you never thought it would be this close with embiid back... and you thought Noel was going to be something. Over the first 1.5 months of the season Brooklyn was playing better team ball than philly and while Ben Simmons is ultra talented, I dont want excuses about his injury when our best player has missed most of the season as well. I have no doubts the nets have 5 more wins with Lin playing all season.

as an aside (and this is not to say the nets are doing anything this year or next), Lin has vastly improved from his days as a knick and rocket. He really rounded out his game with the hornets last year. much better passer and defender. Levert looks like he has very promising raw talent and Kilpatrick (who I was high on at the end of last season) and Whitehead are dogs, in the good way. With all their cap room, if they can bring in an A-/B+ power forward next year and move Booker to the bench... might be a nice little lineup with Lin/Kilpatrick/Levert/PF/Lopez.... Booker, Whitehead, Bogdan, Hollis Jefferson off the bench. And if Lin can get back on the court, I think our sig wager is going to be laughably close.

after i mentioned the nets i put a stop watch on for how long it would take you to quote it :lol:

admit it. you never thought it would be this close with embiid back... and you thought Noel was going to be something. Over the first 1.5 months of the season Brooklyn was playing better team ball than philly and while Ben Simmons is ultra talented, I dont want excuses about his injury when our best player has missed most of the season as well. I have no doubts the nets have 5 more wins with Lin playing all season.

as an aside (and this is not to say the nets are doing anything this year or next), Lin has vastly improved from his days as a knick and rocket. He really rounded out his game with the hornets last year. much better passer and defender. Levert looks like he has very promising raw talent and Kilpatrick (who I was high on at the end of last season) and Whitehead are dogs, in the good way. With all their cap room, if they can bring in an A-/B+ power forward next year and move Booker to the bench... might be a nice little lineup with Lin/Kilpatrick/Levert/PF/Lopez.... Booker, Whitehead, Bogdan, Hollis Jefferson off the bench. And if Lin can get back on the court, I think our sig wager is going to be laughably close.

76ers already beat the Nets twice this year. :lol:

You two are really talking NBA in this thread, and the crappy ass Nets and Sixers on top of that - really???

76ers already beat the Nets twice this year. :lol:

and? last i checked just a 4 game difference in the standings. don't get defensive because I actually know basketball :lol: . remember, when I accepted your bet, I told you the Nets were going to be god awful. I just don't believe the Sixers have any clue what they're doing after how many years of tanking? So a sig bet was nothing for me. Winning would just mean the Sixers really are THAT sad that years and years of lotto picks couldn't best a team of mostly bench players

You two are really talking NBA in this thread, and the crappy ass Nets and Sixers on top of that - really???

i just mentioned where i was that made me miss an awesome football game. knew MDC would be along to chime in

Jason Garrett is one dumb fock.

You don't give downs away with three timeouts left, and the ball at the 40 on 1st and 10, why in the hell did he have Dak spike it on that play with 45 seconds left? What a stupid ass job of managing the clock by him! Rodgers getting the ball back with 35 seconds left, and at least two timeouts in his pocket, and a kicker who just hit from 56 yards? Jason Garrett cost Dallas a chance to win it in OT.

Dallas only had one timeout left at that point. Most teams want to preserve it to kick the fg if need be. So I don't think spiking it on 1st was horrible.

Dallas only had one timeout left at that point. Most teams want to preserve it to kick the fg if need be. So I don't think spiking it on 1st was horrible.

The spike wasn't the boneheaded move.. Calling a pass on 3rd an 3, on their 30, with a TO - was utterly freaking stupid.

Garrett choked on that call, and he choked on the very 1st drive - settling for a 52 yard fg instead of going for it.

As a Cowboy fan; I will tip my hat to Aaron Rodgers and the Packers. They did enough to win today and that's good enough to move on.

Dallas didn't play very well; everyone knows that. It's encouraging for me they didn't lay down at 21 - 3. Penalties . . . MEH. They were missed on both sides. Bad penalties. Anyone that watches the NFL religiously knows there are penalties on NEARLY every play. Some get called and some don't. Some teams DO seem to get calls their ways more often than not. But that wasn't the difference in the game. Both teams made other mistakes which inevitably could have cost them the game. Dallas shot themselves in the foot a couple times on drives. A freaking substitution 15 yard penalty that killed one drive. A poorly designed and easily sniffed out screen that should have been returned for 6 for Green Bay. And yes, some POOR clock management/play selection in my estimation for the Cowboys on their final drive. I for one, will get used to seeing them in the Playoffs for several years to come.

I don't see Green Bay winning the Super Bowl; they likely need to be able to run the ball more effectively and they have trouble stopping good offenses. If Julio isn't healthy; I could see GB beating Atlanta in a shootout. But I don't see that happening to either NE or Pittsburgh in the Super Bowl.

At this point, I guess Atlanta vs Pittsburgh is what I would like to see. Which likely means GB and NE will be squaring off in a few weeks. :)

At this point, I guess Atlanta vs Pittsburgh is what I would like to see. Which likely means GB and NE will be squaring off in a few weeks. :)

2nd that

Hard to blame Garrett on the clock mgmt on their last drive. They were looking for the win there. Dak was a little too locked onto Witten IMO.

Asking your D to hold with 35 sec and 2 timeouts isn't outrageous. They had 'em at 3rd and 20. Then Rodgers scrambled made a helluva throw. and Cook made an amazing catch.

I will say that Garrett and his staff are responsible for the lack of focus and discipline that led to a couple very costly penalties in the first half. You can't come into a playoff game with your head in the clouds. They eventually got it together, but an 18 pt lead is tough for any team to overcome.

and? last i checked just a 4 game difference in the standings. don't get defensive because I actually know basketball :lol: . remember, when I accepted your bet, I told you the Nets were going to be god awful. I just don't believe the Sixers have any clue what they're doing after how many years of tanking? So a sig bet was nothing for me. Winning would just mean the Sixers really are THAT sad that years and years of lotto picks couldn't best a team of mostly bench players

Billy King is that you??? :shocking: :lol:

i just mentioned where i was that made me miss an awesome football game. knew MDC would be along to chime in

Did you know that because I was already posting in this thread, the 76ers are my team and we made a 76ers / Nets sig bet? Or are you psychic? :o

Garrett choked on that call, and he choked on the very 1st drive - settling for a 52 yard fg instead of going for it.

I agree. At home, no score, you use the hammer. At the time I thought that going for it was a no-brainer.

But it's still tough to fault the Dallas offense, they did what they had to do. Rodgers was simply playing at ridiculous level.

Billy King is that you??? :shocking: :lol:

I used to play ball against Billy when he was in middle school and I was in high school. He towered over all of us back then. By the time he got to high school, he dominated every opponent.

His ability to dominate obviously didn't follow him to the college game.

Lost and forgotten soon, maybe even bigger than the 3rd and 20 completion - was the sack on the play just before it. A safety blitz and Heath flat out blows Rodgers up from the blindside.

How Rodgers didn't fumble that ball is absolutely mind boggling - I still can't believe he didn't put it on the ground. Heath flat out leveled him, if we get it there - we are in OT or we have 20 seconds and a timeout to give Bailey a shot..... Just one of 10 huge plays #12 made - difference maker.