Sign in to follow this  
gocolts

36 Years Ago today, this kick ass band was started.....

That's right, Motley Crue was formed 36 years ago today.

I actually listen to a radio program many nights called The Sixx Sense. It is just a fun radio program where Nikki Sixx is the DJ. :music_guitarred:

http://loudwire.com/motley-crue-founded-anniversary/

Hellbent for success, Nikki Sixx‘s life took numerous twists and turns on the road that led him to found Motley Crue on Jan. 17, 1981. With stars in his eyes, the young bassist carried a heavy emotional burden from his childhood, using it as fuel to spit in the collective face of the world, but even in his brightest ambitions he couldn’t have fathomed what would become the world’s most notorious rock band.
Over the course of the next three plus decades, Motley Crue became one of the biggest bands in the world, selling in excess of 100 million records with five studio albums going platinum, some of them several times over. Their reputation was a tour manager’s literal worst nightmare as they unseated any band before them who had previously laid claim to being the baddest group in rock ‘n’ roll.

Much more information at the link, check it out.
:headbanger:
Post your favorite song from this kick ass band.
I will start with this classic, one of their biggest hits.

:doublethumbsup: Two more of my favorites from this band.

Look here guys, I found something even posty likes. :D

Remember this for next years GOTY. :overhead:

I don't you can like a band that so callously disregarded the laws regarding the use of the umlaut.

:doublethumbsup:

Girls! Girls! Girls!

Same old...Same old situation!

:doublethumbsup: Hell yeah, love Girls! Girls! Girls!

Livewire

Hell yeah, the song that started this whole train rolling.

Livewire

Merry Go Round

I saw them open for Ozzy many moons ago. Great show.

I read that just now and saw where he said that, but not sure I understand why.

Did he give more insight into why being compared to a highly successful band was insulting???

Did he give more insight into why being compared to a highly successful band was insulting???

Tate opened up fo Ratt at one point in the late 80's. It was before Operation Mind Crime. Before they we're relevant. He was a whiner then and apparently still is. I went to that show and met Quuensrhye backstage after I met Ratt in Biloxi. Queensrhyce was a better band, but they hadn't arrived. Not surprised he's bitter old and fat.

I think he just feels like MC was your basic cookie cutter glam band, and QR was producing more original and better music.

For the record, I like both. Just thought the article was fitting, since he said that just a few days back.

PS: Geoff Tate > Vince Neil

And it's not even close...

• Like 1

I think he just feels like MC was your basic cookie cutter glam band, and QR was producing more original and better music.

For the record, I like both. Just thought the article was fitting, since he said that just a few days back.

PS: Geoff Tate > Vince Neil

And it's not even close...

Voice goes to Tate.

Frontman goes Neil.

Toss up.

I saw Tate in the late nineties. He was bald and wearing a Vegas suit. Very comical.