Sign in to follow this  
NorthernVike

Colonoscopy today

I read this story and thought of NV

Mexican bullfighter Antonio Romero suffered a severe goring, “about 30 centimeters” (11.8 inches), in the rectum this Sunday when he was bullfighting in Mexico City’s Plaza Mexico.
In an appearance before the media, doctor Rafael Vázquez Bayod, who attended the bullfighter after the incident, said that “the horn is very serious, very serious, a very, very severe injury in the anorectal region. Which completely destroys the anal sphincter and seriously injures the rectum. ” The doctor explained that surgery for “damage control” was necessary to the depth of the goring.
Vázquez said that they first had to control the bleeding in order to save his life and later to have a revision of the abdomen given that he now “can not have a normal passage to the rectum and anus.”
“It’s a serious and deep goring about 30 centimeters deep. At this moment we will operate it in the hospital, but it does bring major damage,” said Felipe Sánchez, paramedic of Dr. Rafael Vázquez Bayod’s team, quoted by Zócalo, when he received it at the center.

What a long strange trip it's been. Finally got the catheter out today. It's almost odd not to have any doctors appointments scheduled.

Time to go sit in the woods and get my mind straight. It's an unbelievable outcome considering how bad it could have ended.

• Like 1

Crohns and Diavatic here. Also ; here. Gutted like a pig. Scar from belly button to sternum. Not much fun.

Good luck NV.

I had one (and endo) the day before St.Patrick's day. My doc saw something in my colon cat scan he didn't like. I ended up being fine and drank a crap ton of Guinness the next day. Good luck.

What a long strange trip it's been. Finally got the catheter out today. It's almost odd not to have any doctors appointments scheduled.

Time to go sit in the woods and get my mind straight. It's an unbelievable outcome considering how bad it could have ended.

So, it all worked out in the end? :o

All and all things went well. No signs of cancer, just the worst case of diverticulitis my doctor has ever seen. So bad that it attached itself to my bladder. They had to cut me open more to remove it. They were able to reattach my colon without any leaks so no shitbag will be needed. Very thankful for that. Recovery will take a little longer with the larger incision.

Thanks to all of you for the well wishes. As strange as it sounds, this place really is an extended family of sorts and helps us all through our day.

Except when you start a thread asking if anyone cares if 2 ffters were dead. :rolleyes:

Crohns and Diavatic here. Also ; here. Gutted like a pig. Scar from belly button to sternum. Not much fun.

Good luck NV.

What is diavatic? Also, Crohns, seriously? I'm surprised you can drink like you do with that. Anyway, best of luck. :cheers:

• Like 1