Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Your idea for a product/service that couldn't fail.

Insurance for WNBA players

Deico

• Like 1

See through kleenex. So you dont have to open it up after you blow your nose to see if any brains came out.

Fitness center that generates electricity from the bikes, stairs, etc being used by the gym members.

• Like 1

Fitbit for your d!ck.

"Hey, I just jerked off for 3.4 miles" :lol:

• Like 1

Fitbit for your d!ck.

They actually already make this. I just read an article on it.

Fitbit for your d!ck.

they already have that, it's called a fitbit watch

• Like 1

The Poop n Scoot

It's basically an Amigo equipped with a cushioned toilet seat above a litter box and a shower curtain that can be pulled closed when needed.

You're some old goat and find yourself in aisle 45 at the Super Duper Store and you gots to sh1t, whatcha gonna do?

Voila

Bacon scented perfume

Money scented cologne

Cosmo Kramer likes these ideas.

• Like 1

feminine hygiene spray called "Sprunt"

Years ago, I thought of combining a BAC blower with a cell phone.

I don't think it sounds as original now, but back before smart phones (like 2005)...

A message board that doesn't allow wiffleball

yup

Still considering a phone app called something like flight grub. (or whatever)

Instead of wandering all over the airport - especially if time's tight - you're on a connecting flight, etc.

You can place an order for any vendor in a departure airport before you take off, while en-route to the airport, etc.

And somebody shows up at your gate with whatever you want.

Fitness center that generates electricity from the bikes, stairs, etc being used by the gym members.

While they're at it, they could gather the sweat to make soup for the homeless. :P

• Like 1

An airplane that uses a giant slingshot to take off and fly. no fuel

Back when I was doing a lot of kitchen remodels, I had an idea for battery operated under cabinet puck lights that were all controlled by a single switch.

I gave the idea to my uncle who was an electrical engineer who said he'd see what he could do with it. He was running a robotics company at the time so he didn't spend much time on it. He eventually got sick and died without really making much headway.

I saw them in Costco about a year later.

Again, I swear I came up with this before, but now I see there's an app for something similar;

It's a dating/friendship site. But instead of listing your likes, you put down what pisses you off.

(See, doesn't that sounds uniquely 'me'?) - Sort of like Tinder for 'Grinds my Gears'.

You just go through, check pre-existing boxes for shiit like 'Kardashians', 'Reality Tv', "Cilantro', 'Ed Hardy', etc.

And added functionality would be it's self-growing capability; The criterion database grows / adapts as users add items, alternatively, items never (or almost) chosen would drop off.

The site automatically pairs you with similarly minded people.

replacing the little penguin that turns the light on and off in the freezer with some type of button that turns the light on and off

Back when I was doing a lot of kitchen remodels, I had an idea for battery operated under cabinet puck lights that were all controlled by a single switch.

I gave the idea to my uncle who was an electrical engineer who said he'd see what he could do with it. He was running a robotics company at the time so he didn't spend much time on it. He eventually got sick and died without really making much headway.

I saw them in Costco about a year later.

I bought something like that off Amazon several months ago. Rechargable (mini-usb) pantry light that's motion activated. Too cool.

https://www.amazon.com/Veepeak-Rechargeable-Cabinet-Counter-Bathroom/dp/B01EN21ONM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1489159356&sr=8-1&keywords=led+pantry+light

Solar Shingles / I had this idea in the late 80's, I just saw them about a year ago.

Magnetic Rake / I had this idea in the early 90's

Inflatable Sheep :lol: / I did the artwork for it in the early 80's ( the worst artwork I've ever done )

Solar Shingles / I had this idea in the late 80's, I just saw them about a year ago.

:doublethumbsup:

Magnetic Rake / I had this idea in the early 90's

Inflatable Sheep :lol: / I did the artwork for it in the early 80's ( the worst artwork I've ever done )

Elon Musk is working on this now. Available this year: https://www.tesla.com/solar

• Like 1

I bought something like that off Amazon several months ago. Rechargable (mini-usb) pantry light that's motion activated. Too cool.

https://www.amazon.com/Veepeak-Rechargeable-Cabinet-Counter-Bathroom/dp/B01EN21ONM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1489159356&sr=8-1&keywords=led+pantry+light

Yep. Saves a ton of money in labor not having them hard wired by an electrician.

The Upee;

Basically, it's a cross between a terlet seat and a paper-towel dispenser.

The 'towels' are those paper things found hanging on the walls of many bafrooms.

They're rolled up, you grab the 'tongue' to pull one sheet out at a time.

(Same technology as those really annoying napkin dispensers)

Use, Grab 'tongue', drop in bowl, Dunzo!

I have under cabinet lights in my kitchen. One switch, and also each light has two different light settings.

With my Mom's vision and memory problems, thought of a voice-activated microwave.

Most of that exists now (I suppose?) through Alexa and whatnot.

However, this one comes with reminders afterward until the door is opened and closed.

"Your meal/dish is in the microwave!" "Caution! Your meal / dish may be hot!"

Things like the Washer/Dryer were equally challenging.

I suppose it's just a matter of time before we can set water temp/load/etc.

But would have been great for my Mom and others in terms of in-home independence.

In fact, I'm quite serious about this. The cost of external assisted living is unrealistic for most.

In home care is also crazy expensive.

With the growing aging population and in the increase in dementia / alzheimers, THIS really

can be / is / will be THE growth industry.

Pretty classic actually; The market and technology always rises to meet demand / need.

Many may look at 'Alexa' type stuff as lazy or whiz-bang unnecessary technology, but,

for reasons stated above, I think we'll find more and more applications of this technology

for elder care.

• Like 1

I have under cabinet lights in my kitchen. One switch, and also each light has two different light settings.

Hard wired or battery?

http://www.chron.com/houston/article/Local-inventor-appears-on-Shark-Tank-and-finds-5816387.php

We actually know this guy.

He actually engineered the 'table jack'. He's a former engineer, then bar/burger restaurant owner who sold all that

to pursue this. He did the engineering, found (I'm sure with the right consultants/attorneys) a Chinese manufacturer

and raw materials.

Basically, every table in restaurants gets out of whack; Waiters and Busboys (and customers) are forced to use

the old 'sugar pack trick' to try and cure wobbly tables.

This guy found the solution.

He's a bit of a crank. Can be an a-hole (but most innovators are), a definite redneck, but damned if the focker hasn't

sold his product to major national and global restaurant chains.

He'll probably end up a gazillionaire for a 'simple', 'stupid' problem - that everyone else took for granted.

Ain't that how it always works?

My contribution? I can see these getting built INto the tables themselves.

holy sh1t. WIAP

Hard wired or battery?

Hard wired. My kitchen also has 8 electrical outlets built into the back splash all around.