Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

MLB 2017

Cubs bullpen really blew it last night. There will be no repeat of they don't straighten that sh!t out.

Baby Bombers. The evil empire is resurrected.

we focking suck

we focking suck

There are only 2 teams who's bats suck even worse than ours.............. The Royals are one of them. :bench:

Cubs bullpen really blew it last night. There will be no repeat of they don't straighten that sh!t out.

Maddon blew that one. I don't understand why Edwards doesn't come out to pitch the 8th. I get the whole bullpen roles thing, but man I think I leave him out there.

I was at the Rangers game y-day, sat 13 rows from the field, in between the dugout and the plate... I was thinking to myself - I'm getting to (basically) see the modern day Ty Cobb/Willie Mays/Micky Mantle/Ted Wiliams/Stan Musial in his prime. Trout today is what they were at 26 - and in fact, he's arguably even more than they were at that same time... That kid is something special - he's a generational phenom.

Maddon blew that one. I don't understand why Edwards doesn't come out to pitch the 8th. I get the whole bullpen roles thing, but man I think I leave him out there.

Agreed. Load the bases then bring in a guy who puts a half dozen sliders in the dirt.

Give up 2 more runs on an error off a routine grounder just for good measure.

I still think if they look like a contender in August, they'll need to rent another closer to have a shot.

I was at the Rangers game y-day, sat 13 rows from the field, in between the dugout and the plate... I was thinking to myself - I'm getting to (basically) see the modern day Ty Cobb/Willie Mays/Micky Mantle/Ted Wiliams/Stan Musial in his prime. Trout today is what they were at 26 - and in fact, he's arguably even more than they were at that same time... That kid is something special - he's a generational phenom.

Yeah. Hard not to like him or his game.

Trout/Harper/TreaTurner/Bryant are part of the first wave resurgence of American born kids raised on 365 days of baseball a year. They are going to keep coming.

Trout/Harper/TreaTurner/Bryant are part of the first wave resurgence of American born kids raised on 365 days of baseball a year. They are going to keep coming.

As good as those guys are, they aren't even in the same ballpark as Trout. He's on a level like nobody else.

As good as those guys are, they aren't even in the same ballpark as Trout. He's on a level like nobody else.

I put Trout #1 on that list. But they are all putting up numbers immediately at age 22-25 that are not mortal.

Baby Bombers. The evil empire is resurrected.

I know it's (very) early but who would of had Spankee$ in first place and the Mutts in last.

:dunno:

HT and or BN

Bet on who has more wins this year. Mets or Yanks. I'll even spot you a few games.

Yankees, and you don't have to give me any games…whats the bet btw?

Yankees, and you don't have to give me any games…whats the bet btw?

I'll hold the money.

I'll hold the money.

"He ain't going nowhere. The bakery ain't open yet." --Sidney Deane

Yankees, and you don't have to give me any gameswhats the bet btw?

Bet expired Opening Day.

HT and I have a sig bet and I look like a loud mouth Mutts fan.

(HT can use that in bet). :bench:

Aaron Judge. Flash in pan or real deal? Hits every pitch, which leads me to believe he can be the real deal. Strikes out too much, which leads me to believe he could be the next Mark Reynolds.

Aaron Judge. Flash in pan or real deal? Hits every pitch, which leads me to believe he can be the real deal. Strikes out too much, which leads me to believe he could be the next Mark Reynolds.

I think he's the real deal. He's only going to get better. I'm thinking a .250-70 type hitter with 35-50 HR's a year type guy. His size worries me tho. 6'7 200++ lbs. every day player?? That's a big man. Little nagging, constant injuries might be a factor with him and his size. Guy can hit bombs tho.

Judge may be the real deal...... I'll believe it when he starts facing these teams 2 and 3 times down the schedule. By then, he will no longer be surprising anyone, and there will be plenty of tape out on him.

Judge may be the real deal...... I'll believe it when he starts facing these teams 2 and 3 times down the schedule. By then, he will no longer be surprising anyone, and there will be plenty of tape out on him.

There's the rub. There is no book, yet. But he has excellent plate coverage, a very soft swing and is willing to go oppo, which might defeat the book.

he's more Adam Dunn than mark Reynolds. He will be a first baseman soon.

Bet expired Opening Day.

HT and I have a sig bet and I look like a loud mouth Mutts fan.

(HT can use that in bet). :bench:

Yeah, didn't see your post until yesterday, sorry bud. I know it is early, but I'm loving what the Yankees are doing right now, with a young hungry team. Still worried about the pitching staff, but getting solid outings from them all.

Aaron Judge. Flash in pan or real deal? Hits every pitch, which leads me to believe he can be the real deal. Strikes out too much, which leads me to believe he could be the next

I think he's the real deal. He's only going to get better. I'm thinking a .250-70 type hitter with 35-50 HR's a year type guy. His size worries me tho. 6'7 200++ lbs. every day player?? That's a big man. Little nagging, constant injuries might be a factor with him and his size. Guy can hit bombs tho.

Im really thinking he's the real deal. He was hacking late last year and even a bit in spring training, but he has gotten a lot more patient in the batter's box and making solid contact. From all the info coming out from the Yankees, they are very happy with his attitude and club house presence. The guy is a beast. Plus has a great arm in right. Really looking forward to when Sanchez gets back to the lineup. As a lifelong Yankee fan, I'm really excited about this group.

Dude. He hit another 2 run shot. Holy Jesus.

Time to start forming bids, Darvish will be on the block boys.

Come on Yanks, don't waste this effort out of Pineda

Took 18 innings but the bombers get out of Chitown with a sweep of the world champs. It's gonna be a good summer

Took 18 innings but the bombers get out of Chitown with a sweep of the world champs. It's gonna be a good summer

Cubs are looking like a pretty average team right now. Aside from a couple of come from behind wins, there's not a whole lot to get excited about.

It's early so I'm still hopeful.

Cubs are looking like a pretty average team right now. Aside from a couple of come from behind wins, there's not a whole lot to get excited about.

It's early so I'm still hopeful.

Yeah, the Cubs don't look like they've hit their stride yet, still quality wins for a young Yankees team. Have to put Sabathia out to pasture.

Any word when Pablo Eatitall is getting off the DL?

Yeah, the Cubs don't look like they've hit their stride yet, still quality wins for a young Yankees team. Have to put Sabathia out to pasture.

I've lived in the Chicago area for quite awhile now, and have followed the Cubs since coming here.

But, the Yankees were my team as a kid and for a long time as an adult.

We didn't have MLB in OK so my dad and I always rooted for players from OK. Mantle retired when I was 5, so I don't remember a lot from that time, but then Bobby Mercer came along so we still rooted for the Yankees.

In the 70's we were all over the Big Red Machine because of Johnny Bench.

Then I got back into the Yankees when I lived in NYC/CT in the early 2000's. I sorta lost interest when they signed ARoid.

Now, they're looking like a good young team, but I don't have a good reason to root for them anymore.

I've lived in the Chicago area for quite awhile now, and have followed the Cubs since coming here.

But, the Yankees were my team as a kid and for a long time as an adult.

We didn't have MLB in OK so my dad and I always rooted for players from OK. Mantle retired when I was 5, so I don't remember a lot from that time, but then Bobby Mercer came along so we still rooted for the Yankees.

In the 70's we were all over the Big Red Machine because of Johnny Bench.

Then I got back into the Yankees when I lived in NYC/CT in the early 2000's. I sorta lost interest when they signed ARoid.

Now, they're looking like a good young team, but I don't have a good reason to root for them anymore.

A couple of funny things about that post. Murcer was my first favorite player, then he got traded and Thurman Munson was my man. And I hated A-Rod from the first time I saw him play for Seattle. When the Yankees signed him it took a little out of me and when he retired last year it felt good. Won't miss him one bit. When I was stationed in NC in the late 80's WGN was one of the superstations and I watched a lot of Cubs games. Really liked those Sandberg teams.

Be nice to have Travis Shaw at 3rd.

Another nice trade by Dumbo

A couple of funny things about that post. Murcer was my first favorite player, then he got traded and Thurman Munson was my man. And I hated A-Rod from the first time I saw him play for Seattle. When the Yankees signed him it took a little out of me and when he retired last year it felt good. Won't miss him one bit. When I was stationed in NC in the late 80's WGN was one of the superstations and I watched a lot of Cubs games. Really liked those Sandberg teams.

Interesting. I was back in Chicago in '04, so getting back into the Cubs while setting the Yankees aside was easier to do.

In fact, the last Yankee game I saw live was at Wrigley in 2003.

I rooted for them to win in '09 since there were still several players left from the '01 team that I liked.

But that was the end of it for me.