Sign in to follow this  
cyclone24

I know I should be happy about this....but...

So I've got two girls...5 and 1. Wife wanted to have one more....found out she was pregnant weeks ago. Got testing back....another girl.

I'm struggling. This was our last shot at having a boy. Just...I dunno...depressing thinking of all the things I won't have the chance to do with a son. I was a big baseball kid growing up. Played catch with my dad every night it seemed. Learned everything from dad. Just down because that's something I'll never experience. (I know I could have softball girls...but it's not the same)

Also the odds I keep all 3 off the pole are slim and none. :)

It's probably stupid thinking. Just disappointing. I'll get over it and be thrilled to have three healthy girls...just right now selfishly is sad that it's a chapter of life closing without having a boy.

Any of you guys experience this? Where you didn't have any boys...or any girls?

Any chance to go for a fourth? I got lucky with one of each, but I would keep trying until I got one if I was in your spot. Good luck.

I have 2 boys. Enjoy the blessing of having kids and do it right. You can't plan it and it is all your fault as to the sex of your child.

With that said, you should keep your guns clean for when boys like mine show up at the door

You could always adopt a boy.

I was wondering if I would be in this same position with the 2nd baby, but we found out it was a boy. I wanted a son because I never had a dad, so I always felt that I wanted that bond in some way. If we were having another girl I would seriously consider adopting a son.

it doesnt matter. Everyone is going to be a chick soon anyway. My FIL has 3 daughters but now has 5 grandsons. He spends a lot of time playing sports with the older ones. Look forward to that.

One of each... but one of my best friends is in your boat with 3 girls. He wanted to keep going, but his wife said no.

Divorced now, but pushing 50 and doesn't want to start over.

Yeah...trying to stay upbeat....my wife knew how much this meant to me...so neither of us were excited or elated today. Tried to put on the good front but she knew it crushed me a little.

Doubt we adopt...and if we did...we would get a Dominican kid since I do work there....and even that wouldn't be the same. Guessing that's out. A fourth isn't happening.

Guess I could stop using a condom with the other girls?

:) jk jk.

Yeah...trying to stay upbeat....my wife knew how much this meant to me...so neither of us were excited or elated today. Tried to put on the good front but she knew it crushed me a little.

Doubt we adopt...and if we did...we would get a Dominican kid since I do work there....and even that wouldn't be the same. Guessing that's out. A fourth isn't happening.

Guess I could stop using a condom with the other girls?

:) jk jk.

That was gonna be my next suggestion honestly...

If I were you I would just God that a woman, any woman, would let you even touch her lady parts.

I have 1 daughter. While we do not play catch (baseball or football), and don't shoot hoops, we do play lacrosse, ski, and snorkel. Count your blessings.

Today I attended the funeral of a guy who died of a pulmonary embolism at the age of 54.

He left 3 grown daughters who are all in their 20's (all D or maybe even double D's). They are 3 of the hottest, most intelligent, friendly, talented, got their sh!t together sisters on the planet.

Their dad raised them by himself for the better part of their lives and his influence on each of them is unmistakeable.

I understand the dissapointment, but try to appreciate whatever you've got, for however long you have it.

Girls are people too.

Right now my brother seems to be enjoying his daughter more. She has a ton of curiosity and likes to be active. Whereas...the boy :D He's only 1 and already has major battles of the will with him, and is quite clearly a ladies man.

Right now my brother seems to be enjoying his daughter more. She has a ton of curiosity and likes to be active. Whereas...the boy :D He's only 1 and already has major battles of the will with him, and is quite clearly a ladies man.

Yeah I know I'll shake this in a couple days. My five year old girl tells me no less than 20 times a day how much she loves me. Like doesn't want to go to kindergarten because she doesn't want to be away from me. I don't take it for granted.

Guess it's just one of those things of getting older is certain chapters start closing for good. This is just one of them.

Guess it's just one of those things of getting older is certain chapters start closing for good. This is just one of them.

Totally with you here bro... we wanted 3-5 kids at a minimum. During our second the wife developed a condition, making it harder to carry another.

Then a really brutal 2nd trimester miscarriage where the D&C discovered her to be anemic and she almost died from blood loss.

We tried but no subsequent pregnancies from 4 years of frequent unprotected sex. Pretty sure that D&C went to deep and scarred her.

Sucked bad... and still does, but we have 2 healthy kids and keep that in perspective.

Totally with you here bro... we wanted 3-5 kids at a minimum. During our second the wife developed a condition, making it harder to carry another.

Then a really brutal 2nd trimester miscarriage where the D&C discovered her to be anemic and she almost died from blood loss.

We tried but no subsequent pregnancies from 4 years of frequent unprotected sex. Prettysure that D&C went to deep and scarred her.

Sucked bad... and still does, but we have 2 healthy kids and keep that in perspective.

Man..that sucks. Sorry man.

I know I got a million reasons to not worry about this. Evertbody is healthy, they will all be well taken care of. Guess it's just always something I thought would be a given that I would have eventually have a boy of my own.

• Like 1

Just don't let them grow up to be Iowa state fans :thumbsup:

Remember, it's not your wife's fault so don't blame her. You are the one not planting the seed deep enough to have a boy.

• Like 1

After babysitting my friends' two daughters the last few days (ages 4 and 7), I can't understand why anyone would want more (any) kids. I was exhausted entertaining them for just a few hours. And boys are even more rambunctious.

But if you're really this disappointed, you can always pursue gender reassignment when (s)he is old enough. All sports will be overrun by trannies eventually anyway.

I came along preemie 8 and 6 years after my Brothers.

I found out (thru snooping) that the folks had a stillborn girl before me.

So, the Momster got 3 boys - AFTER getting married just so she

could leave home - from where she raised 4 boys - her younger brothers.

And, as a consolation prize for the dead daughter, she got me.

Point being, Don't let the littlest one ever get a hint of what you wrote or felt / might feel.

She WILL pick up on it.

Besides, she'll have you wrapped around her little finger from Day One.

congrats.

As another guy who dreamt of watching his son compete in sports and sharing father/son moments, I can tell you that I know how you feel. I was fortunate that my daughter had a string interest on sports and excelled at soccer, so I still got to experience the sports dad thing.

This disappointment will disappear as soon as you hold that beautiful baby in the delivery room. There's no greater bond than that between a father and his little girl. And you'll get to experience that yet again.

And congrats!

Abortion is still legal

Just focking around.

There's no guarantee a son would have been into sports no matter how much you would have wanted it so don't sweat it too much. As most have said be happy they're healthy

As long as she doesn't grow up to be over 6'9, you are good to go. :wave:

Congrats man.

A couple that we are friends with has 3 girls. The dad said the same thing you did basically to me, but he told me about it after he had the 3 girls.

He said aftet the first girl he was a little disappointed to find out the next was going to be a girl, and then they found out it was twin girls.

After the girls were born he said he felt pretty guilty about the gender thing. It's natural and you will love her right off the bat, so don't beat yourself up if you start to feel guilty about it.

A couple that we are friends with has 3 girls. The dad said the same thing you did basically to me, but he told me about it after he had the 3 girls.

He said aftet the first girl he was a little disappointed to find out the next was going to be a girl, and then they found out it was twin girls.

After the girls were born he said he felt pretty guilty about the gender thing. It's natural and you will love her right off the bat, so don't beat yourself up if you start to feel guilty about it.

Yeah I'm trying to stay positive or put on a good front at least for my wife. She deserves to be excited even if I'm not crazy about it right now.

It's like anything else I guess. Like when we all realized we weren't going to be a second baseman for our favorite team in the major leagues. We all moved on and are fine but it's just one of those things it gnaws at you a little.

Hah... thanks for the comic relief though. Abortions and sex changes. Some days this place is the best.

Addadictomy -

Used when a transexual woman opts to have the surgery and become a fully-fledge ifemminate man-beast.

Pronounced (add-a-diick-to-me, for the fools who didn't get it right away)

At least, for your girls' sake, you don't live in China.

The British Medical Association supports this too. Just a matter of time before the women here have a right to choose to murder their daughters.

So I've got two girls...5 and 1. Wife wanted to have one more....found out she was pregnant weeks ago. Got testing back....another girl.

I'm struggling. This was our last shot at having a boy. Just...I dunno...depressing thinking of all the things I won't have the chance to do with a son. I was a big baseball kid growing up. Played catch with my dad every night it seemed. Learned everything from dad. Just down because that's something I'll never experience. (I know I could have softball girls...but it's not the same)

Also the odds I keep all 3 off the pole are slim and none. :)

It's probably stupid thinking. Just disappointing. I'll get over it and be thrilled to have three healthy girls...just right now selfishly is sad that it's a chapter of life closing without having a boy.

Any of you guys experience this? Where you didn't have any boys...or any girls?

Have two girls. Never found out ahead of time either time. Both of us thought we were having a boy all through her second pregnancy because it was so much different, but on the way to the hospital we both KNEW it was a girl, and it was. Briefly disappointed maybe, because we were set on only having two, but in the long run no complaints. I have coached both my girls in multiple sports so I don't feel like I missed out on much sports-wise. They're both softball pitchers so I've played more back-yard catch (and replaced more windows) than any guy I know.