Sign in to follow this  
Rusty Syringes

Hi, I'm new here

Is this a good place to hang out, meeting some Geeks and maybe learn something?

Not for Rusty Mexicians

Don't forget popcorn and hilarity. :thumbsup:

It's sorely needed. :mellow:

Was expecting an Aaron Hernandez alias

Was expecting an Aaron Hernandez alias

Would take a little longer for Mike to approve it

I am gonna need a thumbprint to verify the authenticity of the OP.

I am gonna need a thumbprint to verify the authenticity of the OP.

Only if he is going to write you a check

Forget to log on as Phurfur?

Is this a good place to hang out, meeting some Geeks and maybe learn something?

Don't you still owe money for Hillary losing the election?

I haven't been in Buttmont since 2008. I got the fawk out of there when the poo started hitting the fan in the newspaper world, thinking getting out of a big company and into a family owned daily would be where it was at. So I took a big pay cut and demotion to come to Tyler as business editor and then got promoted to managing editor a year later.

Got laid off in August 2014 and replaced with someone with 20 years less experience.

Now I'm a licensed financial planner with New York Life.

Wish I'd done it sooner. The newspaper industry SUCKS.

I haven't been in Buttmont since 2008. I got the fawk out of there when the poo started hitting the fan in the newspaper world, thinking getting out of a big company and into a family owned daily would be where it was at. So I took a big pay cut and demotion to come to Tyler as business editor and then got promoted to managing editor a year later.

Got laid off in August 2014 and replaced with someone with 20 years less experience.

So you're a two bit insurance salesman, congrats I guess.

So you're a two bit insurance salesman, congrats I guess.

Butt (pun intended) he got out of Buttmont

How accurate was the 5th season of The Wire in regards to newspapers?

Hang up the phone!

Back from basically 2006-2012 I used to drive through buttmont about every two months as I went between Houston and Baton Rouge. I would always say "Hey that Rusty guy from the geek club lives here..I should someday meet the guy".....

Back from basically 2006-2012 I used to drive through buttmont about every two months as I went between Houston and Baton Rouge. I would always say "Hey that Rusty guy from the geek club lives here..I should someday meet the guy".....

Once again the only friends he can make are his aliases. It would be pitiful were it not for this being the geek board.

How accurate was the 5th season of The Wire in regards to newspapers?

The one where the detective was staging serial killings using a pair of fake teeth to make bite marks on cadavers? Yeah, that was some realistic stuff there.

The one where the detective was staging serial killings using a pair of fake teeth to make bite marks on cadavers? Yeah, that was some realistic stuff there.

I said in regards to newspapers... cmon man, read.

Once again the only friends he can make are his aliases. It would be pitiful were it not for this being the geek board.

:D ;)

Who says time travel doesn't exist; I stepped into this thread and was instantly transported back 10+ years.

Who says time travel doesn't exist; I stepped into this thread and was instantly transported back 10+ years.

I'm calling 911 right now