Sign in to follow this  
Bier Meister

Shameless child brag

2 hours ago, NorthernVike said:

I don't think thos thread went as bier expected.   :lol:

It’s the gc.  I knew how it would go down.... 

4 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

So no can update.  :dunno:

I honestly don’t know, and I’m not going to ask.

38 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

I honestly don’t know, and I’m not going to ask.

Be like newbie and post her pic.  

I'll sponsor a Shark Toof contest and everyone can guess.  :o

8 hours ago, Bier Meister said:

Yes... I kept my distance when she decided to try out. Told her I would help her if she wanted.  She asked for defensive techniques.

I had contact with coach for the first time last night.  He told me he knew of my background and asked me if I wanted to help coach.  I declined for 2 reasons:

- I want her to be coached by other coaches. It is good for her development to learn how to work with different styles and philosophies.

- my work day changes frequently, making it hard to commit to much of anything

That's great! You got her here, learning other coaching styles is a good thing. Who knows, she may end up coaching in the future and the more experience she has with what works and what doesn't will come in handy. 

Until then, be proud of your lettered freshman! That's awesome!  :cheers:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 5-Points said:

That's great! You got her here, learning other coaching styles is a good thing. Who knows, she may end up coaching in the future and the more experience she has with what works and what doesn't will come in handy. 

Until then, be proud of your lettered freshman! That's awesome!  :cheers:

Directly translates to the work world (which she is about to start her first job shortly)... Team play and goals, working with others, different leadership styles from bosses, etc.  Earlier today she asked me if I wanted to coach.  I let her know that she needs to make her own way and not have the added pressure of having dad as coach...as much as I would like to. she gets it.  

Edit: she is a bit relieved. I was a bit harder on her than her teammates (and had pretty high standards for her)...and was coaching her at home as well.  While unfounded, she would worry that teammates thought she was getting favoritism.  Our other coach had two daughters on the team. When we first started out we decided to have the other do more "coaching" with the other's.... thought the messages would be better received.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That's great Bier!  I can KINDA catch and throw with a lacrosse stick, but I'm sucky enough to know that that takes some great hand eye skills.  Impressive that she can make the team after time off.

Also good call on not being an official coach. :cheers:

• Thanks 1