Sign in to follow this  
NewbieJr

Is there anyone who doesn't hope Lonzo Ball is a total bust?

I was trying to think earlier today if I have ever hoped an amateur athlete fails worse than I do Lonzo Ball. I couldn't think of one single athlete. The sad thing is, I have no idea if Ball is a good guy or not. His dad has me hoping the kid turns out to be the worst player that ever stepped foot on an NBA court. And I already hope the younger ones suck.

He's got LA Laker written all over him.

I was trying to think earlier today if I have ever hoped an amateur athlete fails worse than I do Lonzo Ball. I couldn't think of one single athlete. The sad thing is, I have no idea if Ball is a good guy or not. His dad has me hoping the kid turns out to be the worst player that ever stepped foot on an NBA court. And I already hope the younger ones suck.

I hope he gets Ware'd.

I feel bad for the kid.

he's getting to the age now where he can stand up in tell his dad to shut the up. If his dad isn't smart enough to realize that he's making everyone hate his kid, maybe he'll believe it when his kid tells him.

Did you see he's selling his own shoe, Big Baller Brand. His dad is the CEO.

Sells for $495.

:lol:

Supposedly negotiations with Nike, Adidas, and Under Armor broke down so they decided to go the independent route.

He's got LA Laker written all over him.

Hope not. Even if we are lucky enough to somehow avoid losing our pick to the 76ers for the 3rd year in a row... we already got Clarkson/Russel at guard and Ingram at SF. I don't think the front office wants to deal with this kids crazy dad. I'd hope we'd trade down and grab one of the big guys (Allen/Collins) and a 1st rounder next year.

Yeah I said the same thing about kobe and lebron when they slipped college.

That didn't go my way at all

Yeah I said the same thing about kobe and lebron when they slipped college.

That didn't go my way at all

dude LeBron was always a star. There was never any doubt. His high school basketball games were televised. Even then you knew. Or I did. For sure. Maybe not Kobe. But LeBron to me was just a beast in the making.

dude LeBron was always a star. There was never any doubt. His high school basketball games were televised. Even then you knew. Or I did. For sure. Maybe not Kobe. But LeBron to me was just a beast in the making.

You lost me at "dude"

Hope not. Even if we are lucky enough to somehow avoid losing our pick to the 76ers for the 3rd year in a row... we already got Clarkson/Russel at guard and Ingram at SF. I don't think the front office wants to deal with this kids crazy dad. I'd hope we'd trade down and grab one of the big guys (Allen/Collins) and a 1st rounder next year.

I'm really hoping the Lakers pick conveys this year but I'm pretty sure they're going to suk next season regardless of who they draft.

Lakers are screwed if they fall out of the top 3.

His dad is the new era don king

Even Don King knew when to shut his mouth at times...

If his dad can make money, I say go for it.

Why should the athlete alone be able to make a fortune?

he's getting to the age now where he can stand up in tell his dad to shut the ###### up. If his dad isn't smart enough to realize that he's making everyone hate his kid, maybe he'll believe it when his kid tells him.

I know. But he's a possay who can't stand up to him. I've seen it before when I was growing up. Knew a kid around the block who was the 2nd ranked tennis player in the state. He was 17 and had a scholarship to LSU. They said he was the next McEnroe. His father pushed him mercifully and was living vicariously through him. One day, he played a tournament and barely won just before graduating. His drove them home 70 miles in July with the heat on to punish him. Kid had endorsements from Yamaha tennis rackets. Had it all in front of him, but the dad was a .

He quit before he made it LSU.Couldnt take his dads BS. Ran into years later. He said, "I couldn't control my dad."

I don't understand "fashion" basketball shoes. They gotta be some of the ugliest shoes. Must be a black thing.

I don't understand "fashion" basketball shoes. They gotta be some of the ugliest shoes. Must be a black thing.

He is potentially ripping off poor black kids charging $495 for ghetto homemade sneakers. Mrs Ball is making them in the basement.

That shoe ain't selling at $495

The dad might be on the right track, but he is too focking stupid to realize the true potential. He's a complete , but he could actually be a bit of a pioneer if he'd pull his head out of his a ss

Screw big sneaker. Bring on some independents and let's see if they can make some noise on the open market. But, he's out of his mind if he thinks $495 is the right price point.

No basketball shoe is worth that kinda scratch. And the best shoes on the market (Jordan's, Lebrons) don't even command half that.

If he were smart, he'd already have 3 models in the works named after his kids. They'd be set to launch just before the NBA draft and just before the younger ones commit to an NCAA program.

Yes, fock the NCAA while we're at it. If the Balls can ball, UCLA shouldn't be the only entity allowed to capitalize on it.

eta: I'm in the midst of enjoying a warm chianti drunk and a major poison ivy scratch session at the moment. I might see things differently in the morning.

Are kids really gonna wear a pair of these on the court?

Or is it more geared towards the 25 year old gangsta with his jean shorts and his Earl Campbell throwback jersey?

Are kids really gonna wear a pair of these on the court?

Or is it more geared towards the 25 year old gangsta with his jean shorts and his Earl Campbell throwback jersey?

Gotta have JNCO jorts on

See...Thats just it. All we know about is his pos dad.

I know that you don't really want the kid to fail, but if his dad was involved in a freaky larynx accident, you wouldn't lose any sleep over it :thumbsup:

It occurred to me that LaVar is actively marketing and operating a business that he has claimed publicly is shared by and fueled by a future pro and two amateur sons. How do the sons keep NCAA amateur status?

If he had signed with Nike would the shoe be called the Air Ball?

Ha.

If he had signed with Nike would the shoe be called the Air Ball?

:D

Venus and Serena Williams survived the dooshbag father they were dealt with. Hopefully this kid overcomes that stigma as well. I cant root against a guy because his dad's a doosh....................yet. i'll wait to see how he turns out when he gets out from underneath that shadow.

Lonzo Ball's dad or Donald Trump in a room. I could only blast one. Hmmmmm

They will sell hundreds and perhaps 1000's of the shoes. Mostly to speculators who think that in 20 years they will be worth something. A deal with NIKE or UA may have been worth billions over the long haul but the idiot didn't want to start with millions.

Problem with Ball is you don't have anything to market yet. I mean how many pros are even selling shoes anymore? Lebrun, Curry? Who else? Not that many.

I see no reason to wish ill will on Lonzo.

I wouldn't mind seeing LaVar get Rodney King'd

Problem with Ball is you don't have anything to market yet. I mean how many pros are even selling shoes anymore? Lebrun, Curry? Who else? Not that many.

Lonzo will be a top 3 pick, most likely. And really should be a good pro. Plus there are 2 brothers. NIKE and AU would have an easy time marketing these guys. If not for dad.

I read that 17 players have their own shoe, something like half of them are from Chinese manufacturers.

I read that 17 players have their own shoe, something like half of them are from Chinese manufacturers.

Starburys are only like $40.

Who would have thought Stephon was smarter than this kid's dad? :doh:

for a guy that has so much, wow newbie is an angry bastard. issues

for a guy that has so much, wow newbie is an angry bastard. issues

I'm angry because I think Lonzo Ball's dad is an idiot? :lol: You drank your retard juice this morning.