Sign in to follow this  
supermike80

Death Penalty?

If it's possible to be ambivalent on the DP, then I am close.  The one thing that makes me lean to the side of it is that anti-DP really don't care about harsh punishment at all for heinous acts.  

15 hours ago, Fireballer said:

I keep seeing an innocent man will be executed in Texor this week or next.  Whats the story?

Last ditch effort to save the rapist murderer's azz.  

The Defense (and the s!ut wh0res from California):  Someone over heard, somebody say that this one dude heard another dude say that whitey confessed he kilt her because she be banging a brother.

12 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

Dead Man Walking informed my thinking on this. Funny how many faux Christians we have here and yet the true believers in Christ are for redemption in whatever form it may take

the whole Christ argument goes out the window when they push the believe in me or go to hell.

if Christ existed as a person, the person they want us to believe he would not have thought non believers should goto hell, this whole narrative was pushed by the clergy/followers as a fear tactic and invalidates the entire religion imo

Makes no sense that the other guy is still alive. the should have made that a double header.

I used to be a hard core proponent of the death penalty.  Recently I have see multiple cases of putting people to death that make me 100% question the application of it.  I am not a bleeding heart liberal. People like Dylan Roof? He should not have been given a single second to live after convicted. One of the family members should be allowed to kill him on the court house steps. But some of these cases hinge on really sketchy things. 

24 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

I used to be a hard core proponent of the death penalty.  Recently I have see multiple cases of putting people to death that make me 100% question the application of it.  I am not a bleeding heart liberal. People like Dylan Roof? He should not have been given a single second to live after convicted. One of the family members should be allowed to kill him on the court house steps. But some of these cases hinge on really sketchy things. 

Are you talking about this one in particular?

1 minute ago, Strike said:

Are you talking about this one in particular?

No. Specifically I am talking about one in Ga I think last month or the month before that was super suspect. 

1 minute ago, kilroy69 said:

No. Specifically I am talking about one in Ga I think last month or the month before that was super suspect. 

3 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

Here's what I wrote about this in that thread:

There isn't a lot about this case on the 'net.  Most sources are just regurgitating the same AP story.  So, it doesn't seem like it's that controversial a case.  I find it curious that it's just getting publicity now that he's about to be executed.  BTW the accusation is not that the prosecutors packed the jury.  It's that they packed the grand jury.  And it's just that.  An accusation.  Given all the games defense attorneys in death penalty cases play I'll take the accusation with a grain of salt.  Oh, and he's dead now so doesn't really matter.

Here's the thing.  Neither you or I were in that courtroom 22 years ago.  A jury was.  And they thought there was enough evidence not only to convict, but to sentence to death.  I'll trust their judgment.  Armchair quarterbacks and bullsh*t are what sleazy defense attorneys opposed to the death penalty rely on to try to swing the pendulum when their client is about to face justice.

All that said, I've long been a proponent of adding a third classification to our justice system beyond "preponderance of the evidence" and "beyond a reasonable doubt."  For capital cases I believe we should add a classification called "beyond all doubt" where there isn't any question the person is guilty.  Using that level of guilt this guy wouldn't have gotten the death penalty.  However, until we add that classification I'm going to side with justice over armchair quarterbacking 30 year old cases that have been vetted multiple times by our judicial system.

On 2/12/2018 at 11:06 PM, Filthy Fernadez said:

Odd the same people who'd argue for the life of a murderer wouldn't think TWICE (mandatory wait period for abortion) about killing an unborn child.

So the mother (1 person) doesn't want that person (baby) alive yet millions don't want the convicted killer alive.

:wacko:

I could give two sh!ts about the life of the murder.

Any objection I have to the death penalty stems from how focked up our criminal justice system is and thus the possibility of executing an innocent man. 

23 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Any objection I have to the death penalty stems from how focked up our criminal justice system is and thus the possibility of executing an innocent man. 

The odds of winning the lotto are better than the odds of executing an innocent man

since 1973 167 convictions have been exonerated which is how our system is setup. They get endless appeals and retrials. So these are innocent people who were put to death wrongly. They went thru the justice system and won

thats 4 per year

its not some crazy amount people try to make you think it is

https://deathpenaltyinfo.org/policy-issues/innocence

If they didn't lead a criminal life to begin with, they wouldn't have been sent to jail.

US govt is on a nice roll eliminating scum. Gotta kill as many as possible before election just in case Trump loses. States need to take notes and get with the program. Not being reported much by lamestream media and no fake outrage since its been white losers so far.

• Like 1

I recently revised my overall opinion of the death penalty. I still believe that in cases where there is no doubt that it should be carried out swiftly. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/9/2020 at 12:19 AM, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

There are plenty of 100% guilty murderers that we can process without any doubt of their guilt. Let me make the decision and I'll be correct 100% of the time.

On 2/12/2018 at 11:31 AM, jerryskids said:

As I've gotten older I've moved from slightly for it to slightly against it. I'm also anti-abortion so there is a consistency there.

That being said, that Innocence Project is interesting, but I wonder how the statistics are over time? Decades ago some backwoods places would just convict the convenient spook (or spic, in Cruzer's case). I'd like to think that doesn't happen much any more.

That being said, to Vudu's point, I'm not thrilled with the idea of our government being sanctioned to kill its citizens, outside of treason/war.

Honestly, if we could know with 100% surety, I'm inclined to leave it to the victim's family to decide what closure they prefer.

In the 2+ years since this post, I'm more against the death penalty.  I don't think the government should be in the business of killing its own citizens.  I also oppose abortion.  Life is a good thing.  :cheers:

I support the death penalty in cases where there is inrefutable evidence. Camera, weapon found on you, etc... and quick too. No reason to have them sitting there 20 years. Caught on camera? Dead within months. I also oppose abortion.

Abortion, Gun Laws and Death Penalty I have gone back and forth my entire life.  

I'm against the death penalty, just a personal morality thang.  

32 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

In the 2+ years since this post, I'm more against the death penalty.  I don't think the government should be in the business of killing its own citizens.  I also oppose abortion.  Life is a good thing.  :cheers:

Dead murderers are a great thing.

I sat in old sparky the electric chair at the museum at Angola pennitrentry. Handled a claim there where some fat broad fell on the grounds during their prison rodeo. While I was signing out, the curators asked if I wanted a tour. Fascinated, I asked if I could sit in sparky. Told me no, but I persisted and said I would write a fair claim. Warden Cain gave the ok and there I was, sitting where many had received their due. Very strange experience. 

It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. You take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

Someone tell me why this guy shouldn't be put down right now:

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/ny-woman-two-men-charged-in-massacre-of-three-friends-in-florida-20200722-sq7savrzpvailhnzpsbuvh7l4i-story.html

Tony “T.J.” Wiggins, a career criminal with a whopping 280 felony charges on his record, “literally massacred” the young victims

1 hour ago, Strike said:

We are one focked up society when a pile of sh1t like this has 280 felonies and is still allowed to walk free & commit murder.

The chief suspect, on the other hand, has previously been charged with a slew of crimes, including burglary, theft, assault on police officers and battery on elderly victims. He was out on bond for allegedly breaking a man’s arm during a fight earlier this year, authorities said.

Only a seriously mentally retarded person would not want this loser executed.

40 minutes ago, lod001 said:

We are one focked up society when a pile of sh1t like this has 280 felonies and is still allowed to walk free & commit murder.

The chief suspect, on the other hand, has previously been charged with a slew of crimes, including burglary, theft, assault on police officers and battery on elderly victims. He was out on bond for allegedly breaking a man’s arm during a fight earlier this year, authorities said.

Only a seriously mentally retarded person would not want this loser executed.

They should ALL get the death penalty but they won't. His brother has already flipped on him so he is going to get life in prison while the Man and Possibly the woman get the death penalty. She is standing by her man so they should toss the book at her. 

There was a case in Georgia that made me change my mind on the death penalty. Within reason. This is not that. Killing this man would do society a favor and probably should have been done years ago. 

50 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

There was a case in Georgia that made me change my mind on the death penalty. Within reason. This is not that. Killing this man would do society a favor and probably should have been done years ago. 

Exactly. Our criminal justice system is so pathetic that it has cost the lives of 3 people because this POS loser was allowed to be free despite his record of violence. It took a murder to put him away forever. 

Oh yeah, he now gets free health care for the rest of his life. Medical, dental, A/C, running water. All of which he didn't have. You all help pay for it as I do. I want death as soon as convicted. This one is 100% case closed.

Trump getting it done like no one before him. Killing them faster than any POTUS before him.  Just another reason why he has been declared the greatest president in modern history by the mainstream media.

I’m not only for the death penalty but I think it needs to be swifter and more efficient. Same week execution for the highest tier of crime and atrocity with absolute proof of guilt. Do you want to feed and house a child rapist for 50 years?

3 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

I’m not only for the death penalty but I think it needs to be swifter and more efficient. Same week execution for the highest tier of crime and atrocity with absolute proof of guilt. Do you want to feed and house a child rapist for 50 years?

That's our problem. We could process over 1/2 of these losers within a week but we don't. Trump is showing how easy it is.

29 minutes ago, lod001 said:

Trump getting it done like no one before him. Killing them faster than any POTUS before him.  Just another reason why he has been declared the greatest president in modern history by the mainstream media.

Yep.  Another 5 scheduled before his term is up.  Another reason a 2nd term would have MAGA.  Biden will stop them as soon as he's inaugurated.

Have you seen the pansy liberal media cry for the people that have been recently put to death? All of these people have been horrible humans and did horrible things. Not one of them deserves to live. Not one of them had any doubt they were guilty. 

• Thanks 1