I am losing good feelings about Coinbase. I know they're struggling with demand - I can understand that - but when I want to move cryptos from their vaults to my wallets and they cannot do that instantly, I get irritated (particularly since they did not provide any information that such a delay would take place when I first deposited CCs into the vaults).

I would have played this correction had I been able to, and this prevented me from doing that.

Another glitch: I requested moving about half my CCs from vault to wallet, and then after the experience decided I do not want to use their vault at all...the problem is that I'm not allowed to pull the remaining half from the vaults to the wallet to transfer anywhere else until the first transfer request completes. WTF.

:mad:

Lesson learned. Leave Coinbase.

Yes, that's not cool. Not agile enough.

For those TL;DR, this was announced a couple of days ago - vaguely - and it is the SEC cracking down on nonsense ICOs/CCs, like the one they named: The CryptoCo. I think this announcement pushed the CC sector (the legit part) higher.

Yes, that's not cool. Not agile enough.

Oh, there's a worse part too - on me. Due to the double verification system they have (which is not perfectly ironed out), I thought that the second tier confirmation happened via the GoogleAuth app (which I think is great technology), but in this case, there was a ternary level: I had added my wife's email as proof of transaction - she got the emails, and didn't look at them.

So - on Saturday, because I was feeling it was time to sell - I requested a pull from the vaults to the wallets. It told me 48 hours, which was initially irritating to me. Then, on Monday, I check, and see that it hadn't gone through, so I contact customer support.

I was glad I noticed the "still waiting verification" comment in the transactions window, with my wife's email. Turns out she had to open them and hit CONFIRM to begin the process of transfer.

:wall:

Literally it's been 6 days, and I still have my CC's stuck in their focking vault. That is the reason I was unable to secure 500% gains, and am now sitting closer to 300% gains. :mad:

Everyone relax. Don't sell anything. If you haven't maxed out your credit cards buying cryptos, now is the time.

• Like 1

Everyone relax. Don't sell anything. If you haven't maxed out your credit cards buying cryptos, now is the time.

only $750 a week :(

It will bounce back up.....Then fall.....ETH that is. I still say the floor to buy is $300 tho. Until that point, I'm out.

I like that number as well.

:lol:

People not invested keeping us informed, thanks fellas. Looks like I missed a buying opportunity, sucks, traveling for the holidays.

This sector is extremely volatile, that has been painfully obvious from the beginning. Not sure how this is news to y'all. People would have been insane not to take profits. The race up was epic, sorry y'all missed out.

I am following this every day, reading various articles, learning about block chains, etc even though I am not invested in cryptos. It is important to learn from this. I do not post in this thread very often, but i read every post.

:lol:

People not invested keeping us informed, thanks fellas. Looks like I missed a buying opportunity, sucks, traveling for the holidays.

This sector is extremely volatile, that has been painfully obvious from the beginning. Not sure how this is news to y'all. People would have been insane not to take profits. The race up was epic, sorry y'all missed out.

I, personally, am invested. But to make a comment like that in an open thread for speculation on CCs tells me you

probably bought some pretty high.

Dumb people freak out smart people get rich.

This is just another buy in.

Sounds like any stock.

When people are greedy, be fearful. When people are fearful, be greedy.

Don't worry guys. Coinbase won't let people sell their coins anyway.

• Like 1

I, personally, am invested. But to make a comment like that in an open thread for speculation on CCs tells me you

probably bought some pretty high.

I didn't, my buys are well documented. I'm sitting very pretty even after the drop and only have 100 % profit left in the game. It would be impossible for you to be more wrong.

LTC @ 57

ETH @ 247

When people are greedy, be fearful. When people are fearful, be greedy.

Don't worry guys. Coinbase won't let people sell their coins anyway.

Yea I wish I could buy these dips but coinbase limits and outages. Don’t they want my money?

I didn't, my buys are well documented. I'm sitting very pretty even after the drop and only have 100 % profit left in the game. It would be impossible for you to be more wrong.

LTC @ 57

ETH @ 247

Well.documented via your posts? Okay I guess. I mean I do believe you... my point is why get so upset that people who have taken part in this thread the entire time post info when CCs are not doing well? Is it only allowable to post positive articles and positive news?

Fwiw I'm absolutely upset that I wasn't in front of my computer when Litecoin dipped under 180

Well.documented via your posts? Okay I guess. I mean I do believe you... my point is why get so upset that people who have taken part in this thread the entire time post info when CCs are not doing well? Is it only allowable to post positive articles and positive news?

So upset? I have zero reason to be upset.

HTH

So upset? I have zero reason to be upset.

HTH

Then you have no reason to care if "uninvested people" are keeping you informed in an open-ended cryptocurrency thread... you wouldn't have made the same comment if cryptos we're having a good 3-day run

HTH

Then you have no reason to care if "uninvested people" are keeping you informed in an open-ended cryptocurrency thread... you wouldn't have made the same comment if cryptos we're having a good 3-day run

HTH

Meh, I can care about whatever I want, thanks. I got a kick out of the uninvested hemming and hawing about the dip. Sorry that somehow bothers you, guess what, I'll point it out again next time. Looks like it was another good buying opportunity.

HTH

Just a friendly reminder folks, this sector is extremely volatile, you should absolutely not be investing money that you aren't prepared to lose.

I feel like that point has been very clear from the beginning.

Meh, I can care about whatever I want, thanks. I got a kick out of the uninvested hemming and hawing about the dip. Sorry that somehow bothers you, guess what, I'll point it out again next time. Looks like it was another good buying opportunity.

HTH

and I can comment on whatever I want, thanks. (see we can play this game all day i guess). I get a kick out of the 100% full steam ahead crypto guys bashing the "uninvested" when the discussion turns the least bit negative, but they have no issue with 100% positive spins/stories/sentiments. Sorry that somehow bothers you.

no offense but "good buying opportunity", "buy the dip!" are common phrases of normal stock pumpers. This is not a normal stock, naturally and we likely don't have any "pumpers" here but it bears pointing out that "good buying opportunity" is relative. It could have been said when the drop in CC's started days ago. Its one of the problems I have, as an investor, with something like CC's that have little in terms of chart patterns to go off of. I own ETH, and I want to own LTC and IOTA so I am indeed hoping we saw a bottom, but there is almost 0 chart evidence to support any particular bottom and its just as easy to envision people saying "buying opportunity!" all the way back down to BTC 3k. :dunno:

hth

you should absolutely not be investing money that you aren't prepared to lose.

I feel like that point has been very clear from the beginning.

this is just investing 101.

Don't hate

Investigate

Then you will obligate

to liquidate

your 401-k

and participate

then you will be satiate

when filet mignon you masticate

on yachts you shall matriculate

and with models you shall fornicate

as your bank balance escalates

• Like 1

Don't hate

Investigate

Then you will obligate

to liquidate

your 401-k

and participate

then you will be satiate

when filet mignon you masticate

on yachts you shall matriculate

and with models you shall fornicate

as your bank balance escalates

Or the crypto bubble will disintegrate.

And under a bridge, you will felate

Im kidding. I have no idea what will happen long term. I hope you geeks all play it well and get rich.

Or the crypto bubble will disintegrate.

And under a bridge, you will felate

Im kidding. I have no idea what will happen long term. I hope you geeks all play it well and get rich.

It's too late for any of us besides 90s to get rich. When crypto was up, I was +13k. Not bad

It's too late for any of us besides 90s to get rich. When crypto was up, I was +13k. Not bad

maybe, maybe not. if something like IOTA takes off the 50% of ETH highs, you could make some nice $$ off a 10k investment.

Signed up on Coinbase today. Let's do this, gents.

(Really wish I had taken my advice like 8 years ago when I posted about Bitcoin on this very website).

Haven't really spent much time reading the entirety of this thread...what's the general consensus among geeks when it comes to investing in the baby cryptocurrencies?

Take Tronix (TRX) for example.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Tronix/

Signed up on Coinbase today. Let's do this, gents.

(Really wish I had taken my advice like 8 years ago when I posted about Bitcoin on this very website).

Haven't really spent much time reading the entirety of this thread...what's the general consensus among geeks when it comes to investing in the baby cryptocurrencies?

Take Tronix (TRX) for example.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Tronix/

I bought Tronix at .01, sold at .05 . It has a fairly large market cap at $4+B. My advice would be to invest in ZRX. It has a very low market cap (the most important number to look for along with total coin supply). It's amazing all these shlt coins gain so much value, but ZRX, the only coin to fully function on Ethereums network I believe? Is at a market cap of about $200M.

I bought Tronix at .01, sold at .05 . It has a fairly large market cap at $4+B. My advice would be to invest in ZRX. It has a very low market cap (the most important number to look for along with total coin supply). It's amazing all these shlt coins gain so much value, but ZRX, the only coin to fully function on Ethereums network I believe? Is at a market cap of about $200M.

Does this relate to a "Coin Burnoff"?