27 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

I wonder if that makes the remaining Bitcoin more valuable.

Absolutely. If 20% can never be recovered that just increases the scarcity. 

1 hour ago, GutterBoy said:

Heard about this from Rich Eisen.

Dude has $200M in bitcoin but forgot his password :lol:

He's got one more try to remember his pw, if not, he loses it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/12/technology/bitcoin-passwords-wallets-fortunes.html

Bullshit story. I have 3 diff wallets and all of them have failsafe recovery

Just now, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Bullshit story. I have 3 diff wallets and all of them have failsafe recovery

You have $220M in Bitcoin?!?!?!?!

Just now, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Amount is irrelevant although I do have over 200k in crypto 

I was just joking.  Your post kinda sounded like you were the guy from the story.  :lol:

• Thanks 1

Just now, Gladiators said:

I was just joking.  Your post kinda sounded like you were the guy from the story.  :lol:

I read the story so now I get it. He actually has the coins on an encrypted hard drive. Sucks to be him. I would pay a hacker to crack it I’m sure there is one somewhere

He should try password1234.  It's always worked for me.  :dunno:

31 minutes ago, Mookz said:

He should try password1234.  It's always worked for me.  :dunno:

That’s the kind of thing an idiot would have on his luggage. 

I am not sure if I ever mentioned this. I was running an online store when bitcoin was around a dollar and used to have people routinly wanting to buy with bitcoin. I always said no because I just did not see the value in it as opposed to cash or at least paypal and then cash. I turned down thousands and thousands of bitcoin. Not even kidding. Not in the slightest. I look back and laugh. I would have sold long before now without question but to think at one time I had access to what is now probably millions in bitcoin is crazy to me. I had one lady that would order the same thing each time 2 times a week. Around 300 bucks worth each time and try each time to pay me in bitcoin. Each time I would laugh and tell her I want real money. hahahahahaaha. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

He actually has the coins

8 hours ago, Scary Gary said:

Funniest post of day and notta one lol. :mad:

Also, think its hilarious/dumb that people actually sell (well, errr...that people actually buy) focking bitcoin "coins". 
WTF. Why?

https://ebay.to/39B9agq

And the seller even puts this in his description:  :lol:

"If virtual cryptocurrency was real, it would look like this!"

4 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Try the password, BOOBZ.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Scary Gary said:

Funniest post of day and notta one lol. :mad:

Also, think its hilarious/dumb that people actually sell (well, errr...that people actually buy) focking bitcoin "coins". 
WTF. Why?

https://ebay.to/39B9agq

And the seller even puts this in his description:  :lol:

"If virtual cryptocurrency was real, it would look like this!"

Why do people buy rocks or cardboard with pictures on them or photos of places they've never been. 

People buy all kinds of crazy stuff especially when it fits an interest.

18 minutes ago, edjr said:

Fockner, I just dropped my monitor turning it upside down.  :mad:

On 1/12/2021 at 9:20 PM, Cdub100 said:

Finally got everything to fully build out my mining rig. Now to buy 3x more 5700xt

https://ibb.co/JR7Txnp

What is that? 

I finally got the Coinbase app. Now what? I’m willing to invest $600. What shall I buy? 

13 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Amount is irrelevant although I do have over 200k in crypto 

Seriously??? Wow! Which cryptocurrency do you think I should start with:

Bitcoin

Litecoin

IOTA

Ripple

Ethereum 

It’s really confusing, are those like money or future money or are some of those just the technology behind how the coins are mined or transactions proved?

I really have no idea what all this crypto stuff is.  What is keeping it from just totally collapsing and being worthless?

17 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

I really have no idea what all this crypto stuff is.  What is keeping it from just totally collapsing and being worthless?

I often think that there is some group just waiting to pull the plug on all of this and just swipe everyone’s money. 

That’s why I will only invest a little. If it turns out to be some b. s., I haven’t lost that much. If it turns out to be the future way of buying, I will be glad to be involved in it somewhat early.

6 hours ago, Fireballer said:

This guy https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/bitcoin-is-a-fools-gold-peter-schiff says this:

" bitcoin investors who were able to sell after the stock’s recent joyride are merely selling to other buyers who don’t recognize it’s all a “scheme.” However, he added, most people who don’t sell are “under the delusion” that bitcoin will someday turn to cash. "

7 hours ago, Fireballer said:

Nothing really.  The only thing keeping it's value is the fact that someone else wants to buy it.  It really is that simple.  It's possible that there could always be a buyer and it will keep going up.  It's also possible that it goes to $0.

7 hours ago, peenie said:

Seriously??? Wow! Which cryptocurrency do you think I should start with:

Bitcoin

Litecoin

IOTA

Ripple

Ethereum 

It’s really confusing, are those like money or future money or are some of those just the technology behind how the coins are mined or transactions proved?

$300 Bitcoin - BTC

$200 Ethereum - ETH

$40 Polkadot - DOT

$40  Cardano - ADA

$20 VeChain - VET

6 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

I have no clue Peenie truly. I have 5 btc 22 eth 8 lite. I also just bought 25000 dapps 

Wow that's a lot of Crypto. Congrats. Those 5 BTC will be half a million by summer. ETH should treat you pretty well too.

23 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Those 5 BTC will be half a million by summer. 

Must be nice to be able to predict the future 🔮

8 hours ago, peenie said:

If it turns out to be the future way of buying, I will be glad to be involved in it somewhat early.

Here's a big problem with crypto's:  you only make money based on people who enter after you.

The key is to get in on the ground floor!

40 minutes ago, Scary Gary said:

Here's a big problem with crypto's:  you only make money based on people who enter after you.

The key is to get in on the ground floor!

I don't know if this has been covered already, but really, isn't all stock sort of like this? I just heard yesterday that really Netflix is in incredible debt. I mean, maybe Netflix's worth is really negative since they charge so little in monthly fees. 

How do we really know a business's (or business') true worth? Isn't that how Enron and Madoff were able to fly undetected? These companies can lie in the reports they publish. Didn't some financial expert say that there are many corporations like Enron out there, we just don't know about them. 

I say that to say, it can all be a gamble and maybe it doesn't really matter if it's real. The money that bought the stock is real. Maybe the key thing is to sell some of it (the real cash value you put in at least) in case one day it does disappear. 

2 minutes ago, Scary Gary said:

No.

Some stock?

4 minutes ago, peenie said:

I don't know if this has been covered already, but really, isn't all stock sort of like this? I just heard yesterday that really Netflix is in incredible debt. I mean, maybe Netflix's worth is really negative since they charge so little in monthly fees. 

How do we really know a business's (or business') true worth? Isn't that how Enron and Madoff were able to fly undetected? These companies can lie in the reports they publish. Didn't some financial expert say that there are many corporations like Enron out there, we just don't know about them. 

I say that to say, it can all be a gamble and maybe it doesn't really matter if it's real. The money that bought the stock is real. Maybe the key thing is to sell some of it (the real cash value you put in at least) in case one day it does disappear. 

What you said is pretty much correct, but not all stock is speculative.  There are plenty of public companies that make enough money to justify their valuations.  There are other public companies that do not make any money, however their valuation is supported by the hope that they will make money in the future.

There is no shortage of speculative stocks out there that have collapsed, also plenty of rock solid stocks that have gone up for decades.

So investing in bitcoin is fine, as long as you understand what you're investing your money in.  It's a purely speculative buy and you should be prepared to lose all your money.  It's also possible that you can make 10x your money or more.

1 minute ago, GutterBoy said:

What you said is pretty much correct, but not all stock is speculative.  There are plenty of public companies that make enough money to justify their valuations.  There are other public companies that do not make any money, however their valuation is supported by the hope that they will make money in the future.

There is no shortage of speculative stocks out there that have collapsed, also plenty of rock solid stocks that have gone up for decades.

So investing in bitcoin is fine, as long as you understand what you're investing your money in.  It's a purely speculative buy and you should be prepared to lose all your money.  It's also possible that you can make 10x your money or more.

Thanks! :wave:

I was finally able to transfer my BTC from binance.com to binance.us.....I think.  The transaction shows processing at the moment.  We'll see.  

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

I was finally able to transfer my BTC from binance.com to binance.us.....I think.  The transaction shows processing at the moment.  We'll see.  

That's awesome. Customer service sucks on so many platforms.

• Like 1

I am in for 25k at the peak. ready for it to go to 30 again today!