13 hours ago, peenie said:

No Litecoin? Why not?

I don't understand litecoin. 

10 hours ago, rurbaniak said:

I got BTC, ETH, ADA, VET ,STMX, DOGE, and HOGE.

Sold off  most my DOGE at 1000% profit, and HOGE is my one in the weeds that I have 3x already.  

ADA is having a nice run up 

I don't understand why STMX isn't doing anything. It's been stuck at 4-6 cents for a while now.

• Like 1

Please explain the difference between Binance and Coinbase and Robinhood/PayPal regarding owning or buying cryptos?

Please explain "market cap" and how it relates to the value of cryptos?

Please explain Ethereum, it's purpose, and if you must always use it to turn your cryptos to cash?

What is the purpose of watching "whales" Do you watch them?

21 minutes ago, peenie said:

Please explain Ethereum, it's purpose, and if you must always use it to turn your cryptos to cash?

Eth is always great, cause they power the system that allows most of these other cryptos to exist

Eth is the reason I went big on Cardano. Its its own blockchain, therefore its not dependent on another platform

1 hour ago, peenie said:

Please explain "market cap" and how it relates to the value of cryptos?

Coin value = Market cap / Total supply

Two coins can have the same market cap but one coin can have 1 billion supply and the other 1 million supply. Which normally would lead to the smaller supply being worth more. Of course there are other factors here like what the actually project is, demand, etc... 

1 hour ago, peenie said:

Ethereum is a programing language and network. You can write code on it to run different applications like DeFi, NFTs and apps. Many coins get their start on the ethereum network as ERC-20 tokens before launching their own platforms. CRO is one that comes to mind

1 hour ago, peenie said:

What is the purpose of watching "whales" Do you watch them?

Because most crypto is a public ledger you can see where the coins are going. Unlike the stock market you don't know when buffett sells a stock until after he's done it. People watch wales for a couple of reasons. I'll list two.

1. If a whale is moving coins from a cold storage wallet to an exchange wallet that could be a signal they are going to sell it. A large sell-off will dip the price.

2. The reverse is true. If a whale moves crypto to a cold wallet that could signal they are in it for the long haul and that crypto should see a run-up.

The problem is when a "whale" moves a coin people usually always think it's #1

1 hour ago, peenie said:

Please explain the difference between Binance and Coinbase and Robinhood/PayPal regarding owning or buying cryptos?

Binance/Coinbase = Actually buying the crypto. You can move the crypto to different wallets. For example what if you bought bitcoin and wanted to move it to a place offering 6% interest to hold your crypto. You could do that. It's like owning a gold coin that is in your pocket. 

Robinhood/Paypal = You're buying a note that says you own the crypto. You can't move it and your only choice is to hold or sell. It's like owning a piece of paper that says you have a gold. coin stored in the bank. If you want to move that crypto to that same place offering 6% interest you can't. Because all you really own is a piece of paper that's only good at one store.

• Thanks 1

Bitcoin is a solid store of value since the crypto world is so ripe with fraud.  All you really need to do to establish a floor of support is invent some shìt coin, mint a quadrillion coins at 0.001 cent and go by bitcoin with it

Elon can make billions just buying and selling crypto ahead of his own tweets.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, nobody said:

Correct

With that said that will only last so long.  It's apparent he is trolling some by backing dogecoin which is a joke coin.

3 minutes ago, nobody said:

Yup, it's amazing how stupid the general public is. 

3 minutes ago, nobody said:

It's truly amazing.  I would the DOJ would want to make this illegal at some point.

So the guys that bought at 56k when it "dipped" --what's their best move here? 

1.) Hold - and risk losing more (I know its only a paper loss until actually sold, but its the way those holding will look at it)

2.) Buy more at this dip so that when it goes up, they are cost-averaged down (but what if it goes down to 35k?)

3.) Sell now and just be glad they only lost 12k per bitcoin.

And yes celebs can just make money with investment tweets.  They just need to make their move ahead of the tweets.

I'm surprised something hasn't been done as far as making that illegal. It's sort of like insider trading.

3 minutes ago, tubby_mcgee said:

1.) Hold - and risk losing more (I know its only a paper loss until actually sold, but its the way those holding will look at it)

2.) Buy more at this dip so that when it goes up, they are cost-averaged down (but what if it goes down to 35k?)

4. Sh!t their pants.

1 minute ago, lod001 said:

4. Sh!t their pants.

🤣

Again, I'm not hoping for the demise of cryptos.  Their may be a place. I just don't see it.  I don't see "the problems fixed being better than the problem(s) created" 

I hope the fellas on this board made money. I don't wish for anyone to lose money, but again, it IS like a poker game. Not everyone leaves with more than they showed up with. 

These idiots will just keep buying.  They have fallen in love with this sh!t to the point that they have lost all rationale thought.

Think of how much they can buy when it goes down to $5!

45 minutes ago, tubby_mcgee said:

And yes celebs can just make money with investment tweets.  They just need to make their move ahead of the tweets.

I'm surprised something hasn't been done as far as making that illegal. It's sort of like insider trading.

1 & 2. just keep buying every week or day.

BUY BUY BUY!!

3 hours ago, Alias Detective said:

no manipulation at all - crypto is a stable store of value and everyone should buy it.  Duh.

Who said stable? You really look out of your league in this matter.

We all know when bitcoin reaches $1M, but it corrects back down to $920k, you will be in here saying the same nonsense.

Bitcoin is in its early stages. With so few people still owning bitcoin, the price is going to have some volatility. Do you knownwhar has 0 volatility? Something that is dead.

So please try to stop jerking yourself off every time the price drops.

19 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Who said stable? You really look out of your league in this matter.

We all know when bitcoin reaches $1M, but it corrects back down to $920k, you will be in here saying the same nonsense.

Bitcoin is in its early stages. With so few people still owning bitcoin, the price is going to have some volatility. Do you knownwhar has 0 volatility? Something that is dead.

So please try to stop jerking yourself off every time the price drops.

Your arrogance is adorable. I hope it makes it. I hope you make it. The matter of fact attitude you spew is what’s making me want to puke. 

It's amazing how someone that is making millions of dollars for nothing can be so damn angry.

3 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

Your arrogance is adorable. I hope it makes it. I hope you make it. The matter of fact attitude you spew is what’s making me want to puke. 

Awesome. You have insecurities then need ironing out.

People make bitcoin seem like it invented volatility, criminal use of its assets, and environmental destruction. Its pretty sad to see grown throw all logic out the window when they think of bitcoin

Being sick because I am confident in bitcoin. I guess AD would rather me be panicking over every price drop. Smh

4 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Awesome. You have insecurities then need ironing out.

People make bitcoin seem like it invented volatility, criminal use of its assets, and environmental destruction. Its pretty sad to see grown throw all logic out the window when they think of bitcoin

Not invented, just created with these as inherent characteristics. 

no I’m not anti Bitcoin or crypto. It’s made me money so I’m pleased....

But way way back in this thread where I got into debates with some of the crypto pumpers who were saying this was the biggest thing since the invention of the combustion engine and would replace fiat, but then started going on about how much USD they had made... I still submit, why did that matter? By their logic, the USD value didn’t matter. They should just have been collecting as much BTC as possible for when it replaces all other currency 😆. Was and still would be talking out of both sides of their asses. This was of course before the first crash. 

anyways I’m hoping ether goes down a bit more so I can buy back in. 👍🏼 

But regular people are making money. 

2 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

Not invented, just created with these as inherent characteristics. 

no I’m not anti Bitcoin or crypto. It’s made me money so I’m pleased....

But way way back in this thread where I got into debates with some of the crypto pumpers who were saying this was the biggest thing since the invention of the combustion engine and would replace fiat, but then started going on about how much USD they had made... I still submit, why did that matter? By their logic, the USD value didn’t matter. They should just have been collecting as much BTC as possible for when it replaces all other currency 😆. Was and still would be talking out of both sides of their asses. This was of course before the first crash.

anyways I’m hoping ether goes down a bit more so I can buy back in. 👍🏼 

Yes, it will replace fiat. We aren't there yet. Plus one cannot buy more crypto with their gains unless they sell

8 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Yes, it will replace fiat. We aren't there yet. Plus one cannot buy more crypto with their gains unless they sell

You and I disagree on this. I do not believe any crypto out right now will replace fiat. However, I do firmly believe the central banks will create their own USD crypto coin. It just makes sense for them to do so.

24 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Plus one cannot buy more crypto with their gains unless they sell

Sure, but not what I said. You can sell, wait for a drop and buy back in cheaper for more crypto. That’s just smart investing if you’re in this for USD gains or gathering as much Bitcoin etc as you can before it replaces fiat....

BUT, If you believe crypto replaces fiat (or more importantly are silly enough to believe governments will not regulate it or adopt their own regulated form), then there is no reason to yap about how much your investment is up in terms of USD. You’re either treating it like a stock and making money or you’re setting yourself up to be wealthy when it replaces fiat. That’s the issue I had with those particular trumpeters. 

The USD is not finite,  they print it all the time.

Bitcoin is finite.

Is this not the bedrock of why crypto is popular?  

7 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

Sure, but not what I said. You can sell, wait for a drop and buy back in cheaper for more crypto. That’s just smart investing if you’re in this for USD gains or gathering as much Bitcoin etc as you can before it replaces fiat....

BUT, If you believe crypto replaces fiat (or more importantly are silly enough to believe governments will not regulate it or adopt their own regulated form), then there is no reason to yap about how much your investment is up in terms of USD. You’re either treating it like a stock and making money or you’re setting yourself up to be wealthy when it replaces fiat. That’s the issue I had with those particular trumpeters. 

Its the easiest way to gauge the value of bitcoin atm. If we started using sats as a way to describe value, 99% of the population would be clueless what it meant.

To KSB: Yes a supply that is inflation proof is a major benefit

We will see how much fiat is converted to bitcoin. The dollar will just continue to lose value. Centralized monetary systems do not last forever

10 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

I asked the exact question earlier in this thread. 

Is it:
1.) Like a stock
2.) a replacement for our dollar

If its a stock....tell me a bit about the company behind it.  The people, the infrastructure, the products and service.

If its a replacement for the USD, quit referring to in USD.   By referring to it in USD, you're saying its not a replacement. 

Unless I'm seeing it wrong.  I dunno.  I could be full of hot air. 

54 minutes ago, tubby_mcgee said:

If its a replacement for the USD, quit referring to in USD.   By referring to it in USD, you're saying its not a replacement.

Spot on. If you believe it’s replacing fiat, then it doesn’t need a benchmark for value, especially if that benchmark is what it’s supposed to replace. Those people should just continue converting as much of their USD into Bitcoin as possible 

BTC will never replace the USD, that's just flat retarded spewed by conspiracy nuts who don't understand anything about monetary policy.

9 hours ago, tubby_mcgee said:

I asked the exact question earlier in this thread. 

Is it:
1.) Like a stock
2.) a replacement for our dollar

If its a stock....tell me a bit about the company behind it.  The people, the infrastructure, the products and service.

Unless I'm seeing it wrong.  I dunno.  I could be full of hot air. 

Its really funny to see you so offended by bitcoin

The entire world bases how much something is worth by the dollar.

People don't say Well that's worth 17 quarts of wood

Thats worth 4 sacks of cotton

This is worth 5 barrels of oil

So for now, because people like you would have no clue how to gauge the value of something if it was valued in bitcoin, we will use the dollar.

7 hours ago, GutterBoy said:

BTC will never replace the USD, that's just flat retarded spewed by conspiracy nuts who don't understand anything about monetary policy.

Oh so you understand more than Michael Saylor and Greg Foss. I would bet anything that you don't.

I love how people like you get so defensive over the dollar when all it does is lose value.

Every global currency gets replaced over time when it goes beyond repair. The US dollar is no different

The problem here is that you don't understand bitcoin, not that bitcoin proponents don't understand legacy monetary policy