11 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

That too. Two strikes you're out. :lol:

:unsure:

35 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

HODL’rs still in HODL mode?

Yup just hanging out.

Also the feds recovered the 4.4 million ransom.

Further proof Bitcoin is the perfect coin for criminals if they want to get busted.

• Haha 1

I don't know anything about bitcoin and haven't put a penny in. I do know that if I ever do buy any, I'm the first person any crook should target if they want to steal some. I have zero clues. Aparently the government can pick your pocket any time they want.... which in this case was good, fock hackers. Just saying I sure as hell could never protect my bitcoin if I ever come across some. These hackers couldn't prtoect theirs and they know a trillion times more about cybersecuirty than I do.

2 hours ago, Voltaire said:

I don't know anything about bitcoin and haven't put a penny in. I do know that if I ever do buy any, I'm the first person any crook should target if they want to steal some. I have zero clues. Aparently the government can pick your pocket any time they want.... which in this case was good, fock hackers. Just saying I sure as hell could never protect my bitcoin if I ever come across some. These hackers couldn't prtoect theirs and they know a trillion times more about cybersecuirty than I do.

Reading the article it says the FBI knew the private keys of the wallet. There's only one way to know the private keys.

Makes we wonder who actually attacked the pipeline... Weird how all these attacks are on commodities that Democrats hate. Oil, Meat etc...

BTW you could totally protect your investment. It's not that hard.

There is no way to know the private key of a wallet unless its given out. Fake hack to give the gov more authority

1 hour ago, lod001 said:

Looks like the next leg down has begun. Target is 20 k

My reviewing of the charts put the price of bitcoin at $20,000.  I think that is the value it settles at too.

5 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

My reviewing of the charts put the price of bitcoin at $20,000.  I think that is the value it settles at too.

I doubt it goes down to $20k.  I think more like $26k, and regardless it is not going to settle anywhere for a long time.  It will be at $100k at some point in the next year or two.  

2 hours ago, lod001 said:

Looks like the next leg down has begun. Target is 20 k

Yeah but so what --- Even if it gets to to 20k---think about it --- its still UP 40,000% vs 2009.  How ya gonna argue with those gains?

3 minutes ago, tubby_mcgee said:

Yeah but so what --- Even if it gets to to 20k---think about it --- its still UP 40,000% vs 2009.  How ya gonna argue with those gains?

If it drops to that amount I'm buying a decent amount.

Reading more into the hackers. It's being reported that while trying to wash the bitcoin during the tumbling portion they moved some of the bitcoin into coinbase which was stupid. Once it was moved there coinbase could take control of it and give it back.

Supposedly these guys are smart enough to hack into a security system, but not smart enough to ask for monero or wash the bitcoin properly... 

49 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Reading more into the hackers. It's being reported that while trying to wash the bitcoin during the tumbling portion they moved some of the bitcoin into coinbase which was stupid. Once it was moved there coinbase could take control of it and give it back.

Supposedly these guys are smart enough to hack into a security system, but not smart enough to ask for monero or wash the bitcoin properly... 

what it really sounds like is hackers are hackers for a reason and can and will hack any and everything they want regardless of the protections.

Ask Bezos, Soros, Buffet and those billionnaires.

Being able to hack code and laundering money are different skill sets.  Mutually exclusive.

7 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Being able to hack code and laundering money are different skill sets.  Mutually exclusive.

Hacking code shows a level of intelligence above the standard criminal. Laundering money isn't hard and a simple youtube video can show you how. So yeah sure "different skill sets, but the latter isn't hard to come by. 

52 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I am not surprised that ancient people do not like new technology.

Did people know that there were multiple people who made fun of the internet and also the IPad as total failures at one point?

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

I am not surprised that ancient people do not like new technology.

Did people know that there were multiple people who made fun of the internet and also the IPad as total failures at one point?

I love Trump everyone here knows that, but I disagree with him here. I totally agree with you, old people don't know how to use email let alone what crypto is about.

• Haha 1

For all the crypto haters. I know you're loving what's happening right now. As for me and my crypto...

I'M NOT FOCKING LEAVING!!!

THE SHOW GOES ON!!!!

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

For all the crypto haters. I know you're loving what's happening right now. As for me and my crypto...

I'M NOT FOCKING LEAVING!!!

THE SHOW GOES ON!!!!

You are on the Government dole with a lifetime pension and most likely lifetime healthcare.   Having a percentage of one's assets in crypto is fine.  Thinking crypto is the second coming of Christ is where many of us balk.  It may happen, but its a long row to hoe.

3 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

You are on the Government dole with a lifetime pension and most likely lifetime healthcare.   Having a percentage of one's assets in crypto is fine.  Thinking crypto is the second coming of Christ is where many of us balk.  It may happen, but its a long row to hoe.

You're right, I've stated if crypto goes to zero nothing about my life changes. That being said I have a substantial amount of crypto holdings.

27 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

You're right, I've stated if crypto goes to zero nothing about my life changes. That being said I have a substantial amount of crypto holdings.

That's bullsh!t right there.  You can't say that losing 10s or 100s of thousands of dollars doesn't alter your life, but anything to rationalize the HODLing.

I know what you're gonna say, "I have plenty of other money, I don't need it", but what you fail to recognize is that if you just put that money in the bank or in SPY or something, then you would have a good chunk of change that would alter your life, like send  a kid to college, buy a vacation house, give it to a poor family, etc.

1 hour ago, Cdub100 said:

I love Trump everyone here knows that, but I disagree with him here. I totally agree with you, old people don't know how to use email let alone what crypto is about.

I'm not surprised by it.  He's old school and his whole life has been about the dollar.  He's not going to mess up what he has or learn something new at this point in his life.

14 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

That's bullsh!t right there.  You can't say that losing 10s or 100s of thousands of dollars doesn't alter your life, but anything to rationalize the HODLing.

I know what you're gonna say, "I have plenty of other money, I don't need it", but what you fail to recognize is that if you just put that money in the bank or in SPY or something, then you would have a good chunk of change that would alter your life, like send  a kid to college, buy a vacation house, give it to a poor family, etc.

Do you honestly think I fail to recognize other investment opportunities at my disposal? 

I've posted in this thread and other investment threads where I have money stored (stocks, bonds, gold, hell I even have 529 plans for all my children). And what I said is absolutely true. I've only invested what I can afford to lose. I've been lucky enough to invest in the greatest investment opportunity in a very long time and better yet I invested at the right time. So yes I've "lost" 100s of thousands and not a single thing has changed for me. 

You've asked me before and I've told you I wanted life-changing wealth. I want to move up another rung of the ladder. I have a very nice upper-middle-class life and I want to take the next step. I believe crypto will get me there. 

Maybe it all goes to zero and you can have a good laugh, but I will still be living this upper-middle-class life. I'll just have to order the medium size jacuzzi. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

El Salvador declares Bitcoin legal tender. Most of South America seems to be moving toward this also.

Oh wow, well if the economic powerhouse of El Salvador does this, the rest of the world will surely follow suit.  We going to $500K by Noon!

6 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

El Salvador declares Bitcoin legal tender. Most of South America seems to be moving toward this also.

Amazing news. 

2 hours ago, GutterBoy said:

Oh wow, well if the economic powerhouse of El Salvador does this, the rest of the world will surely follow suit.  We going to $500K by Noon!

See, you get it. I knew you were just sand bagging

Warren Buffet and Donald Trump just don't get it.   They'll just have to suffer.

22 minutes ago, tubby_mcgee said:

Warren Buffet and Donald Trump just don't get it.   They'll just have to suffer.

Actually Warren Buffet is a snake. He just invested $500 million into a Brazilian bank that is going to start offering bitcoin ETFs. He will tell you Bitcoin is rat poison to your face. Then he will turn around and invest in Bitcoin related entities. Buffet is starting to get it, but he just isn't going to announce it until he profits from other people's loss.

2 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

Amazing news. 

A country recognizing Bitcoin as legal tender is one of the biggest pieces of news we have ever seen. This is just the first domino to fall. Most of South America is working on adopting the same measure. Anyone who acts like this is no big deal really has no clue about how the world works.

How do we have 19 year olds that understand the magnitude of this legislation while we have 40+ year olds who are completely oblivious?

There are going to also be opportunities to buy corporate bonds that yield over 6% interest as the corporation uses that money to buy Bitcoin. Some people in this thread should look to capitalize on those relatively safe investments.

36 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

A country recognizing Bitcoin as legal tender is one of the biggest pieces of news we have ever seen. This is just the first domino to fall. Most of South America is working on adopting the same measure. Anyone who acts like this is no big deal really has no clue about how the world works.

How do we have 19 year olds that understand the magnitude of this legislation while we have 40+ year olds who are completely oblivious?

There are going to also be opportunities to buy corporate bonds that yield over 6% interest as the corporation uses that money to buy Bitcoin. Some people in this thread should look to capitalize on those relatively safe investments.

And don't forget russian hackers

45 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Credit Risk is what determines corporate bond yield.  So you're saying the more bitcoin a corp holds, the higher their risk of defaulting? :lol:

43 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Credit Risk is what determines corporate bond yield.  So you're saying the more bitcoin a corp holds, the higher their risk of defaulting? :lol:

Microstrategy received $1.6 B in offered capital for the convertible bonds. 6.1% with a maturity of 2028 I believe. Obviously there is a quite a bit of money that doesn't believe the risk is very high.

BitchCoin

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.marketwatch.com/amp/story/microstrategys-convertible-debt-offering-to-buy-bitcoin-upsized-to-900-mil

I am seeing varying numbers. The point is that the original ask was for $500 M. They received a lot more interest than that. This is just the first company to make an offering like this. More will follow eventually.

Risk averse investors will seek this yield vs actually buying bitcoin

19 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Microstrategy received $1.6 B in offered capital for the convertible bonds. 6.1% with a maturity of 2028 I believe. Obviously there is a quite a bit of money that doesn't believe the risk is very high.

First they only offered $500M in debt, and let's be clear, these are in fact junk bonds.  The reason they are offering over 6% is exactly because the risk is high.

I don't think you understand the basic fundamentals of finance.