59 minutes ago, peenie said:

Wow, because I asked many questions to learn and wait until I had the income to spend and lose without regret I'm a clown? I doubt anyone here simply used one person's advice whether or not to invest their money in anything. We're all adults. Do you honestly think I or anyone here wouldn't search out as much as they could for information on this topic? Cdub isn't the only person who answered my questions here. We are all learning. To be fair, this is not a concrete subject that has clear understandable uses, it's still evolving. I barely understand standard investing. I've been really honest about my ignorance and humble background and screw you for making it seem like my interests are any different than yours or anyone else's here. I may communicate differently but my money is just as green as yours. FU!

I’m racist.  The reason why is the attitude you came in this thread with today.  Frankly, I’m surprised you went this far but look in the mirror as to why more and more white folk are not listening to the constant plight of the black.

1 minute ago, Alias Detective said:

I’m racist.  The reason why is the attitude you came in this thread with today.  Frankly, I’m surprised you went this far but look in the mirror as to why more and more white folk are not listening to the constant plight of the black.

Which is why? Because I pointed out that Cdub gave him a link and a PM? Because I highlighted a difference or because I used the word racist?

I will say this, I certainly have asked an annoying overabundant amount of questions. Don't use me and this thread as a way to make generalizations about the black population. I say whatever comes to mind, some things to be taken seriously and other things to be ignored.

3 minutes ago, peenie said:

generalizations about the black population. I say whatever comes to mind

:unsure:

8 hours ago, Alias Detective said:

At this stage of the game it’s like beanie babies, trading cards and even stocks.  What it is isn’t like is a currency.  Until a leveling of price, I don’t understand how it can be viewed any different.

Listen to this. Max Keiser has been spot on about most things bitcoin and market related. He talks about volatility and highlights the misconception spread by banks

34 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Listen to this. Max Keiser has been spot on about most things bitcoin and market related. He talks about volatility and highlights the misconception spread by banks

hes annoying as hell to listen too, and I dont like his approach, that being said I wish I knew who he was in 2013

9 hours ago, peenie said:

If you want to see racism in full effect notice how many times I had to ask for help about cryptocurrency since this thread opened. A single post by jerry and and not only was he sent a link but without him asking was given the rundown. 

It’s because you are apparently black. 

7 hours ago, peenie said:

Wow, because I asked many questions to learn and wait until I had the income to spend and lose without regret I'm a clown? I doubt anyone here simply used one person's advice whether or not to invest their money in anything. We're all adults. Do you honestly think I or anyone here wouldn't search out as much as they could for information on this topic? Cdub isn't the only person who answered my questions here. We are all learning. To be fair, this is not a concrete subject that has clear understandable uses, it's still evolving. I barely understand standard investing. I've been really honest about my ignorance and humble background and screw you for making it seem like my interests are any different than yours or anyone else's here. I may communicate differently but my money is just as green as yours. FU!

You're a clown for playing the race card.

1 hour ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

hes annoying as hell to listen too, and I dont like his approach, that being said I wish I knew who he was in 2013

Hes also correct a lot

I'm surprised a black person even knows what Crypto is tbh.

Also, if you aren't using bots on Crypto Hopper you're doing it wrong. My bots beat B&H by 15%+. All I have to do is occasionally check it to make sure it's still running properly.

2 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

Also, if you aren't using bots on Crypto Hopper you're doing it wrong. My bots beat B&H by 15%+. All I have to do is occasionally check it to make sure it's still running properly.

Good to see you back, brother. 👍

6 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

Good to see you back, brother. 👍

For sure man! Hope you're doing good.

30 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

I tried using it and it just never functioned right, I am not very savvy on those things

1 hour ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

I tried using it and it just never functioned right, I am not very savvy on those things

Mine ran great. Then I stopped. I made about $700 in a few months. That's on a $2k investment.

5 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

At what point will you beanie baby correlators admit that you were wrong?

When crypto actually becomes widely used for anything other than a wildly unstable vehicle for speculation.

And when the inevitable showdown with governments settles. 

Just now, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

When crypto actually becomes widely used for anything other than a wildly unstable vehicle for speculation.

It looks that there are enough congress people with a vested interest in crypto to stop the harshest forms of the bill from happening.

Why not buy a digital beanie baby now so that in case you are wrong you benefit?

When bitcoin is worth $1 M, will that be enough?

I should get my bot going again. I stopped using it before I understood bitcoin. Back when I was nervous it could go to 0 and lose the money I had in. But at that time the money was also pretty valuable to me. That was before I decided to take the 30k out of my 401k.

Just now, Frozenbeernuts said:

It looks that there are enough congress people with a vested interest in crypto to stop the harshest forms of the bill from happening.

Why not buy a digital beanie baby now so that in case you are wrong you benefit?

When bitcoin is worth $1 M, will that be enough?

At the moment, it is only worth anything at all because a bunch of people decided it is.

What percentage of people who own crypto have ever used it for anything? I seriously don't know, but I have to assume it is very low.

Look, I certainly may well be wrong. Hell, I actually hope I am. Anything that takes power from governments is a great thing in my book.

And maybe one day we will all carry our money in a crypto wallet and use it for our daily transactions, and get paid in it.

But right now, it looks a lot more like comic books or sports cards. Something people buy to pump and dump that has little if any actual use.

Good luck to all of you, I am actually rooting for you, in spite of my skepticism.  

10 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

At the moment, it is only worth anything at all because a bunch of people decided it is.

What percentage of people who own crypto have ever used it for anything? I seriously don't know, but I have to assume it is very low.

Look, I certainly may well be wrong. Hell, I actually hope I am. Anything that takes power from governments is a great thing in my book.

And maybe one day we will all carry our money in a crypto wallet and use it for our daily transactions, and get paid in it.

But right now, it looks a lot more like comic books or sports cards. Something people buy to pump and dump that has little if any actual use.

Good luck to all of you, I am actually rooting for you, in spite of my skepticism.  

Its not about the currency aspect. Thats the last phase of adoption. Bitcoin is 3 different entities rolled into one. Store of value. Bitcoin the network. Bitcoin the currency

Focus on the technology of the network. Strike app can take any currency in the world and convert it to any other currency in the world for a  .3% fee. Soon it will be a  .1% fee. What current system can do that? It can't. Bitcoin the technology is mind blowing, and it can be used as the rails to run crypto, or the current fiat system. It can do both. Do you really not see how revolutionary that is?

Its like going from the first stone wheels on a cart to the high speed trains we see today. Can you see the significance between those technologies?

24 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Coinbase just released Visa cards a few days ago. Apple Pay and Google Pay are about to start accepting crypto. It's happening man.

3 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Its not about the currency aspect. Thats the last phase of adoption. Bitcoin is 3 different entities rolled into one. Store of value. Bitcoin the network. Bitcoin the currency

Focus on the technology of the network. Strike app can take any currency in the world and convert it to any other currency in the world for a  .3% fee. Soon it will be a  .1% fee. What current system can do that? It can't. Bitcoin the technology is mind blowing, and it can be used as the rails to run crypto, or the current fiat system. It can do both. Do you really not see how revolutionary that is?

Its like going from the first stone wheels on a cart to the high speed trains we see today. Can you see the significance between those technologies?

Ok wait a minute... this just got interesting.

Maybe crypto can solve a big problem for expats like me.

If you could kindly explain how it can do so, I am serious.

Here in China, getting money out is a b!tch. Conversion is severely limited, transfers out are incredibly difficult.

I know people who fly out with cash taped to their body, or buy gold to resell at their destination...

So how would I use a crypto app to get my money from China money to USD somewhere else?

I'll hang up and listen, thank you. 

100% of the people that still say Crypto is a scam are just salty they missed out on the easiest money they could've made in their life.  They just don't want to accept that they focked up.

• Like 1

Coinbase just released Visa cards a few days ago. Apple Pay and Google Pay are about to start accepting crypto. It's happening man.

Ok. I that is a big change. And would make me, of course, stone cold wrong. 

100% of the people that still say Crypto is a scam are just salty they missed out on the easiest money they could've made in their life.  They just don't want to accept that they focked up.

I'm man enough to admit what I don't know and when I fock up. 

3 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Ok wait a minute... this just got interesting.

Maybe crypto can solve a big problem for expats like me.

If you could kindly explain how it can do so, I am serious.

Here in China, getting money out is a b!tch. Conversion is severely limited, transfers out are incredibly difficult.

I know people who fly out with cash taped to their body, or buy gold to resell at their destination...

So how would I use a crypto app to get my money from China money to USD somewhere else?

I'll hang up and listen, thank you. 

You can't use strike app in China. Its only available in the US. Im not tech savvy enough to know how to get strike app onto a Chinese phone. They also follow KYC regulations in the US. But if you were able to get a US phone, register your strike account to someone you trust in the US, and the use a US VPN, that may work.

5 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

You can't use strike app in China. Its only available in the US. Im not tech savvy enough to know how to get strike app onto a Chinese phone. They also follow KYC regulations in the US. But if you were able to get a US phone, register your strike account to someone you trust in the US, and the use a US VPN, that may work.

Getting it on the phone is easy. I'm a master at de-chinkifying my toys. Hell, I do it for everyone I know. 

The hard part is the bank. Chinese banks are INCREDIBLY locked down. Even using western union usually takes about 2 hours here.

Getting the money into the app is the problem.

I also know crypto is pretty much verbotten here these days. (Except for the new digital RMB, which isn't really crypto I understand.)

10 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

I should get my bot going again. I stopped using it before I understood bitcoin. Back when I was nervous it could go to 0 and lose the money I had in. But at that time the money was also pretty valuable to me. That was before I decided to take the 30k out of my 401k.

Taxes and early withdrawal penalty on $30,000 from a 401k for this?  Or are you buying inside an IRA?

I nearly sold yesterday, expecting a dip. Glad I didn't  whew!

48 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

Taxes and early withdrawal penalty on $30,000 from a 401k for this?  Or are you buying inside an IRA?

The cares act eliminated the penalty

11 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

The cares act eliminated the penalty

is that still valid?  Nope

December 30th, 2020, was the last day to take a coronavirus-related distribution, and Congress didn't extend this into 2021. But in late December, President Trump signed the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2021 to provide disaster-related tax relief. As part of the law, there's a provision that allows impacted individuals to take a qualified disaster distribution from their retirement accounts. Similar to the withdrawal exemption in the CARES Act, eligible individuals can take up to $100,000  from their retirement accounts, without being subject to the 10 percent penalty that typically applies to early withdrawals. Those who choose to take a distribution  can pay the federal taxes over a 3 year period, and have up to three years to repay the distribution amount, starting on the day they take the distribution.

27 minutes ago, edjr said:

is that still valid?  Nope

December 30th, 2020, was the last day to take a coronavirus-related distribution, and Congress didn't extend this into 2021. But in late December, President Trump signed the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2021 to provide disaster-related tax relief. As part of the law, there's a provision that allows impacted individuals to take a qualified disaster distribution from their retirement accounts. Similar to the withdrawal exemption in the CARES Act, eligible individuals can take up to $100,000  from their retirement accounts, without being subject to the 10 percent penalty that typically applies to early withdrawals. Those who choose to take a distribution  can pay the federal taxes over a 3 year period, and have up to three years to repay the distribution amount, starting on the day they take the distribution.

I took it out last year before it expired

1 minute ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

I took it out last year before it expired

:thumbsup:

One of my most favorite things is updating my crypto spreadsheet with all my new crypto from, mining, buying, and staking.

It's been fun watching it grow throughout the months. I wish I kept better records on a graph.... I could go back and input every transaction manually now that I think about it, but that would take forever.

The good news is that the gov is going to depend on bitcoin tax revenue now. Even if the wording of the bill isn't right. We will have more and more pro bitcoin poloticians get into office. We may see adoption of bitcoin as currency even. Not for a while though

Bitcoin is not going away.

I am interested to see how the government reacts when they finally realize how efficient the bitcoin network is for facilitating transactions.

On 6/8/2021 at 8:15 AM, GutterBoy said:

BUY BUY BUY

Nailed it. I hope you were smart enough to

3 minutes ago, edjr said:

Nailed it. I hope you were smart enough to

My only regret is I didn't buy more.

11 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

My only regret is I didn't buy more.

I bought at 42 thinking that was the low, then I bought at 30  (I bought BTC and ETH)  I don't have a ton, but it's enough to make it move watching it grow.